Drop Mcanuff for Newcastle?

BKRoyale

Re: Drop Mcanuff for Newcastle?

by BKRoyale » 28 Sep 2012 09:44

The Rouge Here is my verdict on how they played in league games so far (McCleary's cameo in game 1 I have included)

McAnuff
Poor - Stoke (H)
Fantastic - Chelsea (A)
Poor - Spurs (H)
OK - WBA (A)

McCleary
V Good - Stoke (H)
OK - Chelsea (A)
Good - Spurs (H)
Fairly Poor - WBA (A)

It is not as simple as that though. McCleary's movement could have been netter against WBA but we were painfully slow in getting the ball out to him. I am actually a big fan of HRK, I think his technique, skill, power and aerial ability makes him a real player with an impact. I personally would go with HRK and Kebe/McCleary for the next game.

I also rate HRK - I thought he did great in the second half against QPR using his power to get round the back and actually put in some pretty decent crosses. I'd play him and potentially look to move McAnuff inside - though whose place he'd take is too hard to call for me.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 28 Sep 2012 10:13

I would play Kebe on the right, McCleary on the left and put McAnuff just behind Pog with Guthrie and Ledge in centre mid

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 28 Sep 2012 10:22

i thought mcleary was awful Vs spurs

BrockManson

by BrockManson » 28 Sep 2012 10:49

HRK still has a long way to go before he's anywhere near a regular starting role, but he's come on a lot in the past season. I think he should be given another go at the no.10 role in the cups, he's got the right technique for it.

McAnuff was beyond poor against Spurs, it was the worst performance I've seen from him. Then again he was our best player against WBA (not saying much mind). My biggest worry about him is that he seems to lack leadership on the pitch. He needs to start giving the team a kick up the arse when they're not playing well, like a certain Sidwell used to do so well.

McCleary is electric at times, he looks very dangerous but he wasn't really used at all against WBA. If we're using wingers we need to get the ball out to them and work the channels so the crosses will come pinging in. At the moment we sit too deeply and offer bugger all movement so squander possession cheaply an awful lot.

mr_number
Hob Nob Regular

by mr_number » 28 Sep 2012 10:50

BrockManson McCleary is electric at times, he looks very dangerous but he wasn't really used at all against WBA. If we're using wingers we need to get the ball out to them and work the channels so the crosses will come pinging in. At the moment we sit too deeply and offer bugger all movement so squander possession cheaply an awful lot.

Seem to remember he had several chances to take the ball on against WBA, but decided to play it inside most of the time...

southbank1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: And yeah I'd love to tell you all my problem, you're not from New York City you're from Rotherham

by southbank1871 » 28 Sep 2012 10:53

I worry a little bit that McClearly is one of those players who flatters to deceive and looks pretty good but actually very often fails to have an impact on the game. Obviously be produced a gr8 cross in the Chelsea game but I've not seen too much of a final product other than that.

stickywhisky

by stickywhisky » 28 Sep 2012 10:56

mr_number
BrockManson McCleary is electric at times, he looks very dangerous but he wasn't really used at all against WBA. If we're using wingers we need to get the ball out to them and work the channels so the crosses will come pinging in. At the moment we sit too deeply and offer bugger all movement so squander possession cheaply an awful lot.

Seem to remember he had several chances to take the ball on against WBA, but decided to play it inside most of the time...

That might be something he was told to do, to keep possession maybe?
I don't see a reason why we can't play a midfield of McCleary, McAnuff, Ledge/Karacan & Kebe? Just a thought

l0y4l R0y4l
Location: Be Proud, Be Loud, Back The Boys and Make Some Noise.

by l0y4l R0y4l » 28 Sep 2012 18:44

I know the team will be:

McCarthey

Shorey
Gorkks
Mariappa
Cummings

McAnuff
Leigertwood
Karacan
Kebe

Hunt
Pogrebnyak

Sorry to disappoint anybody else, but this will 100% be the team. I will do a lap of Broad Street naked if this is not the team.

FWIW I am glad Cummings has his slot back at RB, IMO our best player vs QPR

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 28 Sep 2012 18:47

That's a very bold statement. And how precisely do you know that so certainly?

l0y4l R0y4l
Location: Be Proud, Be Loud, Back The Boys and Make Some Noise.

by l0y4l R0y4l » 28 Sep 2012 18:50

ITK :wink:

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 28 Sep 2012 18:54

Oh, why did you say that? We've only just got over the last row. Tin hat time.

SydenhamRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by SydenhamRoyal » 28 Sep 2012 22:17

l0y4l R0y4l I know the team will be:

McCarthey

Shorey
Gorkks
Mariappa
Cummings

McAnuff
Leigertwood
Karacan
Kebe

Hunt
Pogrebnyak

Sorry to disappoint anybody else, but this will 100% be the team. I will do a lap of Broad Street naked if this is not the team.

What time?

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 28 Sep 2012 22:21

Probably while the match is on. Can we have a live link to the stadium please. Though I will be outside smoking it might give some balance to the prematch entertainment.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 28 Sep 2012 22:50

I think Kebe will start and McCleary will be used to devastating (maybe) effect as a sub.

I'd expect Guthrie to come back in, but maybe Ledge will lose out to Jem. I guess it's possible we'll return to the central midfield pairing of last season, but Guthrie's got to be about as up for this game as it's possible to be.

The interesting positions for me are whether Mariappa retains his new found place (and next to who) I suspect he won't. Whether Cummings deplaces Gunter (probably not quite yet). And whether Hunt steals in ahead of ALF. I hope he won't.

ManchesterRoyals
Hob Nob Regular

by ManchesterRoyals » 28 Sep 2012 23:33

Thought he did ok against wba but i would like to see kebe on the left and see what he can do

But i think he will play

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 28 Sep 2012 23:45

Ncanuff spends a lot of time defensively supporting Harte, as a result he doesn't steam down the wings as much as he probably should. Putting Shorey in there (who had a good game Wednesday) would free him up a bit.

ManchesterRoyals
Hob Nob Regular

by ManchesterRoyals » 28 Sep 2012 23:49

leon Ncanuff spends a lot of time defensively supporting Harte, as a result he doesn't steam down the wings as much as he probably should. Putting Shorey in there (who had a good game Wednesday) would free him up a bit.

Like your thinking he wasnt that bad last week and shorey might free him up to go more offensive

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 29 Sep 2012 08:38

On football focus today.

robbieroyal

by robbieroyal » 29 Sep 2012 10:41

Royal Ginger Guthrie will play. I'd put money on it.

Def will play.

Some people on here think McAnuff will move inside?

I would be devastated if I was Ledge/Jem with that kind of talk!

Royalclapper
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalclapper » 29 Sep 2012 13:14

Avon Royal On football focus today.

Yes, he spoke very well too. Grounded, sensible and good opinion.