Pavelwatch

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Pavelwatch

by Ian Royal » 08 Oct 2012 17:18

Maguire
Geekins Lita on the otherhand would've done two laps of the pitch waving his shirt above his head.

Lita was a proper helmet though. I remember when he scored at OT when we were 3-1 and ran off to celebrate in front of the fans. Err, get the ball and run it back to the centre circle you spazmo.

I enjoyed watching him try and celebrate his first goal of the season at Derby, only for all our fans to know we'd already been relegated and ignore him. Not that it made up for the relegation.

SydenhamRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by SydenhamRoyal » 08 Oct 2012 18:12

RobRoyal
Maguire
Geekins Right attitude but was concerned that he didn't really celebrate his goal on Saturday. Looked like he wasn't happy and Hunt was trying to motivate him. Was i looking too much into it, or is he just a usual grumpy Russian?

lol, reading something into nothing. We were getting dicked and the keeper fluffed the shot. You wouldn't exactly rip your shirt off after that one.

Contrast with his excellent backheel against QPR - plenty of celebration there

Exactly, it was an embarrassing goal all-round. Pav doesn't do cheap celebrations.

But he didnt celebrate an extremely classy goal against Chelsea either. I was thinking it was scoring in away games, but as someone else here said, he celebrated the QPR goal.

RockheadRumple

by RockheadRumple » 08 Oct 2012 18:14

He did - He did a salute and smiled and stuff. He's reserved and efficient, like a soviet soldier.

SydenhamRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by SydenhamRoyal » 08 Oct 2012 18:20

RockheadRumple He did - He did a salute and smiled and stuff. He's reserved and efficient, like a soviet soldier.

He sort of saluted, and it was nearly a smile, but there wasnt any "and stuff"

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 08 Oct 2012 18:21

He's calm and stoic I like it

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 08 Oct 2012 21:39

He looked more joyous at Fulham.

Stuboo

by Stuboo » 08 Oct 2012 22:37

We need to order in some Russian prossies for him quick. That will sort him out. :D

RoyallyFcuked
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyallyFcuked » 13 Oct 2012 18:41

I think he was so shocked that the keeper spilled it and we had scored with our first shot of the match, despite being completely outplayed right up until that moment, that it was all too much to take in and he forgot to celebrate.

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 13 Oct 2012 18:56

I genuinely have hopes that Pog could be the 20 goal man to keep us in the PL. all we need to do is provide the ammunition and keep him in the right frame of mind because sometimes when I look at him I feel he wants to be somewhere else.

FoxyRoyal1871

by FoxyRoyal1871 » 13 Oct 2012 21:20

Liverpool Away on Saturday and he will score 2!

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 13 Oct 2012 23:55

windermere_royal I genuinely have hopes that Pog could be the 20 goal man to keep us in the PL. all we need to do is provide the ammunition and keep him in the right frame of mind because sometimes when I look at him I feel he wants to be somewhere else.

Put some balls in the box and he'll score. Mcanuff take note.

SydenhamRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by SydenhamRoyal » 14 Oct 2012 10:52

leon
windermere_royal I genuinely have hopes that Pog could be the 20 goal man to keep us in the PL. all we need to do is provide the ammunition and keep him in the right frame of mind because sometimes when I look at him I feel he wants to be somewhere else.

Put some balls in the box and he'll score. Mcanuff take note.

And McCleary. And Kebe. And Cummings. And Shorey. And Robson-Kanu. Hell - and McCarthy too :-)

Stuboo

by Stuboo » 14 Oct 2012 17:30

For some reason Russian players don't seem to settle well in England. I am hoping this is not the case with Pog. Having a Russian owner should help him settle in better and once he learns the language it will be easier. I think he could turn out to be a huge player for us.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 15 Oct 2012 08:12

They settle fine if they get games. Pavlyuchenko and Arshavin got frustrated on the bench. Won't happen with the Pog.

Stuboo

by Stuboo » 15 Oct 2012 12:33

Royal Ginger They settle fine if they get games. Pavlyuchenko and Arshavin got frustrated on the bench. Won't happen with the Pog.

I hope so. I think it's a cultural thing too. Russians don't like our women as they are much more outspoken than what they are used to back home. I found this out from some Russian's when I was at university, and Gary Neville made a barb about Arshavin not liking our women, so I think there is something in this.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 15 Oct 2012 12:46

Stuboo
Royal Ginger They settle fine if they get games. Pavlyuchenko and Arshavin got frustrated on the bench. Won't happen with the Pog.

I hope so. I think it's a cultural thing too. Russians don't like our women as they are much more outspoken than what they are used to back home. I found this out from some Russian's when I was at university, and Gary Neville made a barb about Arshavin not liking our women, so I think there is something in this.

So basically he didn't celebrate the goal at Swansea because he's not getting any?

Stuboo

by Stuboo » 15 Oct 2012 14:00

Norfolk Royal
Stuboo

So basically he didn't celebrate the goal at Swansea because he's not getting any?

LOL. No, just that adapting to our culture might be a challenge for someone coming from Russia, like Pog. And a shortage of satisfactory women (in his eyes) might be one of the factors which could lead to him being chuffed off.

Let's not forget, he didn't celebrate for only one game. He might just have been having a bad week.

URZZZZZZZZ
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Long knocks it back in.............IT'S READING WHO TAKE A MASSIVE STEP TOWARDS WEMBLEY!!

by URZZZZZZZZ » 15 Oct 2012 14:22

If you've seen his wife you'll know women are not a drama for him.

Stuboo

by Stuboo » 15 Oct 2012 22:26

URZZZZZZZZ If you've seen his wife you'll know women are not a drama for him.

No, didn't know he has a wife. That's good news as it should make it easier for him to settle here. He'll still have the rest of our feisty females to contend with though. Apparently women are more subservient in Russia, that was all I was getting at really.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 15 Oct 2012 22:55

Stuboo No, didn't know he has a wife. That's good news as it should make it easier for him to settle here.

Not if she stayed in Germany.