ATMOSPHERE-More songs

122 posts
Theroyalbox
Hob Nob Regular

ATMOSPHERE-More songs

by Theroyalbox » 08 Oct 2012 21:53

After my second away game this season i was disapointed with the atmosphere at the swansea game hardly got going at all from the reading fans. Lack of songs to sing for players...? Pretty much what im saying is we need a huge song a well known song for reading...

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

Re: ATMOSPHERE-More songs

by Royal Ginger » 08 Oct 2012 22:04

oh dear

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 08 Oct 2012 22:07

In on page one of what I predict to be an epic thread.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 08 Oct 2012 22:10

welcome to supporting RFC

Lovely hot donuts!
Location: Lower Earley and/or Birmingham. Feckless student. Twitter: @RussellLParker

by Lovely hot donuts! » 08 Oct 2012 22:13

The observation is basically accurate however last year there was more noise made by 500ish people at Derby or Millwall. I think the decreased atmosphere is down to:
a) More fans at away games. Those who always went to the away games are the mental ones who shout football songs in their sleep but the new batch aren't that into singing (I include myself in this). We'll join in but not start anything.
b) More importantly, away ends are packed and there's allocated seating meaning those who create an atmosphere are split up, the people who get chants tarted are stuck near the front. Being able to sit where you want in the championship made for a better atmosphere.

What I'm saying is basically bullshit but the point is that we don't need a new song, circumstances mean creating an atmosphere is more difficult in the premiership.

I'm aware that didn't make much sense but oxf*rd it!

TheRoyalJoe

by TheRoyalJoe » 08 Oct 2012 22:16

I wanted to kill myself when people started singing big bad wolf on Saturday.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 08 Oct 2012 22:17

Lovely hot donuts! The observation is basically accurate however last year there was more noise made by 500ish people at Derby or Millwall. I think the decreased atmosphere is down to:
a) More fans at away games. Those who always went to the away games are the mental ones who shout football songs in their sleep but the new batch aren't that into singing (I include myself in this). We'll join in but not start anything.
b) More importantly, away ends are packed and there's allocated seating meaning those who create an atmosphere are split up, the people who get chants tarted are stuck near the front. Being able to sit where you want in the championship made for a better atmosphere.

What I'm saying is basically bullshit but the point is that we don't need a new song, circumstances mean creating an atmosphere is more difficult in the premiership.

Don't pander to the original poster by posting some sort of sensible reply, even if most of it was bullshit :roll:

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 08 Oct 2012 22:18

TheRoyalJoe I wanted to kill myself when people started singing big bad wolf on Saturday.

there is still time

pea
Hob Nob Regular

by pea » 09 Oct 2012 08:15

Theroyalbox After my second away game this season i was disapointed with the atmosphere at the swansea game hardly got going at all from the reading fans. Lack of songs to sing for players...? Pretty much what im saying is we need a huge song a well known song for reading...

The guitarist from supergrass uses this forum, we should get him to write it

Geekins
Hob Nob Regular

by Geekins » 09 Oct 2012 09:26

The most embarassing thing is always going aaaaggggghhhhhh after most chants in reply to opposition chants when theirs are normally better.
Last edited by Geekins on 09 Oct 2012 10:20, edited 1 time in total.

rob the royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rob the royal » 09 Oct 2012 09:30

I know I am also pandering to the original poster who is basically pi55ing into the wind with this thread/going over old ground/barking up the wrong tree (delete as appropriate) but what disappoints me a bit is the lack of player-related songs of any length, which is why we end up doing the jobi mcanuff and jimmy kebe songs just for them touching the ball.

Alex McCarthy clap clap clap clap clap
Adam Federici duh duh duh
ian harte harte harte

and some players don't even have chants that get used at all.

Hence we get so bored that we end up singing god save the queen at swansea and cardiff because we've basically got nothing better to sing...

And +1 for the above. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Wimb
Hob Nob Regular

by Wimb » 09 Oct 2012 09:46

mr_number
Hob Nob Regular

by mr_number » 09 Oct 2012 09:48

Lovely hot donuts! The observation is basically accurate however last year there was more noise made by 500ish people at Derby or Millwall. I think the decreased atmosphere is down to:

There were 1500 at Millwall last year, and although the noise was good, it included people singing the Crystal Palace song, and I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles, so I'd hardly hold that up as the pinnacle of Reading support recently.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 09 Oct 2012 11:10

rob the royal I know I am also pandering to the original poster who is basically pi55ing into the wind with this thread/going over old ground/barking up the wrong tree (delete as appropriate) but what disappoints me a bit is the lack of player-related songs of any length, which is why we end up doing the jobi mcanuff and jimmy kebe songs just for them touching the ball.

ian harte harte harte

Hence we get so bored that we end up singing god save the queen at swansea and cardiff because we've basically got nothing better to sing...

And +1 for the above. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

^^^ this

good luck trying to change it though

there are original/good songs out there for some of our players
the HRK one(while annoying, is at least original) ALFs tequila one, jobis nananananananana one
but invariably the crowd actively choose to ignore them, and sing the obvious and dull clap clap songs instead

many of our players dont even have songs, which is pretty sad, in the olden days, when all this was landfill, we had chants for every player

Alexander Litvinenko
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Winner - HNA? Music Quiz 2013. The Great Sounds of Polonium 210.

by Alexander Litvinenko » 09 Oct 2012 11:11

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 09 Oct 2012 11:29

It wasa good atmosphere at Chelsea from us. Subsequent away trips have been a little quiet. For starters what happened to the Gorkss song that appeared at Chelsea...?

pea
Hob Nob Regular

by pea » 09 Oct 2012 11:37

Should never have sold Cisse

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 09 Oct 2012 11:42

KAAAALLLIFFFAA.....

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 09 Oct 2012 11:54

melonhead
rob the royal I know I am also pandering to the original poster who is basically pi55ing into the wind with this thread/going over old ground/barking up the wrong tree (delete as appropriate) but what disappoints me a bit is the lack of player-related songs of any length, which is why we end up doing the jobi mcanuff and jimmy kebe songs just for them touching the ball.

ian harte harte harte

^^^ this

good luck trying to change it though

there are original/good songs out there for some of our players
the HRK one(while annoying, is at least original) ALFs tequila one, jobis nananananananana one
but invariably the crowd actively choose to ignore them, and sing the obvious and dull clap clap songs instead

many of our players dont even have songs, which is pretty sad, in the olden days, when all this was landfill, we had chants for every player

Agree, I can never believe that Karacan of love doesn't get more outing. It may be chssey and stupid as fuk but it's pretty unique to us.

CISSEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Although that is also short, and he was shit.

mr_number
Hob Nob Regular

by mr_number » 09 Oct 2012 12:02

No one ever joins in the Turkish Kebab Man one when I sing it.

Also, this is coming in now:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAHEZrX6mSA

122 posts