Man City - Minutes Silence

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

Man City - Minutes Silence

by SPARTA » 21 Dec 2012 12:08

Reading FC ‏@ReadingFC
There will be a minute's silence before tomorrow's game, as City pay tribute to their fans who have passed away in 2012 #readingfc

WTF really? :|

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Man City - Minutes Silence

by SPARTA » 21 Dec 2012 12:11

and...

Reading FCVerified ‏@ReadingFC
Yaya and Kolo are both wary of the threat Reading could pose tomorrow - find out what they said here:

:lol: :roll:

Elm Park Pasty

by Elm Park Pasty » 21 Dec 2012 12:17

I did see this and thought WTF??! Whilst it's a fine gesture I don't ever remember seeing it before

SPARTA Yaya and Kolo are both wary of the threat Reading could pose tomorrow

African Cup of Nations is coming up, they are probably both worried about pulling muscles from laughing so much :P

RoyalinBracknell

by RoyalinBracknell » 21 Dec 2012 12:32

I think I'm right in saying that City do this every annual year on their last home game, paying respects to their supporters who died that year. I think they've certainly done it for the last 4 or 5 years.

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 21 Dec 2012 12:48

Not a problem we will be observing 90 minutes silence in the away end.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular

by SPARTA » 21 Dec 2012 12:53

RoyalinBracknell I think I'm right in saying that City do this every annual year on their last home game, paying respects to their supporters who died that year. I think they've certainly done it for the last 4 or 5 years.

Do they die in their thousands? That would explain the empty seats.

M-U-R-T-Y
Hob Nob Regular

by M-U-R-T-Y » 21 Dec 2012 13:00

Last two posts definitely raised a few lol's :lol:

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 21 Dec 2012 13:14

Really?

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 21 Dec 2012 13:20

Are we sure they're not observing a minute's silnce in honour of the massacre that is about to unfold on the pitch?

Tis a grave day for all Reading fans! :wink:

de niro

by de niro » 21 Dec 2012 17:04

SPARTA
RoyalinBracknell I think I'm right in saying that City do this every annual year on their last home game, paying respects to their supporters who died that year. I think they've certainly done it for the last 4 or 5 years.

every game is a sell out, not 18k or whatever your place holds but 47,000. well as long as the away side sells their tickets of course. do yourself a favour, as a visitor to the premier league just enjoy yourselves and dont fall in to the trap of being yet another plastic utd supporter.

now back on topic.

we always pay our respects at the home game over the xmas period, not just to fans but to players we have lost over the last 12 months. lost 3 close friends, all big blues . all very young. its just what we do.
i'm sure you royals will join us and take a moment of reflection, we are all very lucky to be able to attend the game.

good luck and merry christmas.

mcfc.

MouldyRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by MouldyRoyal » 21 Dec 2012 17:08

de niro
SPARTA

every game is a sell out, not 18k or whatever your place holds but 47,000. well as long as the away side sells their tickets of course. do yourself a favour, as a visitor to the premier league just enjoy yourselves and dont fall in to the trap of being yet another plastic utd supporter.

peterroyal76
Hob Nob Regular
Location: North stand B13.......where all the empty seats are!

by peterroyal76 » 21 Dec 2012 17:12

de niro
SPARTA

now back on topic.

we always pay our respects at the home game over the xmas period, not just to fans but to players we have lost over the last 12 months. lost 3 close friends, all big blues . all very young. its just what we do.
i'm sure you royals will join us and take a moment of reflection, we are all very lucky to be able to attend the game.

good luck and merry christmas.

mcfc.

Still home tickets available for tomorrow.

Bandini
Hob Nob Regular
Location: No one must know I dropped my glasses in the toilet.

by Bandini » 21 Dec 2012 17:13

Minute's silence for de niro

de niro

by de niro » 21 Dec 2012 17:17

Bandini Minute's silence for de niro

i'm not dead, old but not quite dead :)

de niro

by de niro » 21 Dec 2012 17:18

Still home tickets available for tomorrow.[/quote]

very few fella, they will go with walk ups. on a wider scale tickets are just getting crazy dear, people just can't pay these prices so near to xmas. we wont sell all our arsenal away allocation this year, unheard of. i'm going but if it carries on i'll be missing a few (not yours though).

working class hero

by working class hero » 21 Dec 2012 17:22

as a visitor to the premier league just enjoy yourselves

With this sort of arrogance are you sure you aren't a Utd fan???
How long ago were you in the 3rd tier?
Without the Arab oil cash you would still be shit... and no, I'm not jealous. I support my local team and will do so whichever league we fall into, and would rather watch a team where the obscene cash of top PL clubs is not thrown about.

Mr.T10

by Mr.T10 » 21 Dec 2012 17:27

working class hero

Without the Arab oil cash you would still be shit... and no, I'm not jealous. I support my local team and will do so whichever league we fall into, and would rather watch a team where the obscene cash of top PL clubs is not thrown about.

+1. Most Man City fans are plastic oxf*rd.

Look at the empty seats and that was only 6 years ago. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Bw6pNPioQw

_royal

by _royal » 21 Dec 2012 17:50

In fairness City fans are about as plastic/fickle as they come.

The Cube

by The Cube » 21 Dec 2012 18:01

They introduced it a few years ago due to the high suicide rate among their fans. It does have one redeeming feature, though - every time someone dies and the club gets put under pressure to have yet another pointless minute's silence, they can just say "Wait until the last game of the year".

de niro

by de niro » 21 Dec 2012 18:04

working class hero

come on mate Reading are a team that will be lucky to survive the prem, not being arrogant at all, thats just as it is. teams like city, villa, newcastle and everton are always going to be targets for oil money but without it they and us are all most likely to be a prem side. i was here well before we struck oil, in fact i was here before ged clampet struck oil and i'll be here when the arabs move on. we have always had a fantastic supporter base considering we've been bobbins for years whilst the scum were cheating their way to trophies.