SIGNED - Hope Akpan

557 posts
Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Signing imminent

by Simon's Church » 08 Jan 2013 11:30

Is it Van Nistelrooy? Got the prem experience we need, he's coloured too.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 08 Jan 2013 11:30

It could be the steward from Crawley.

madreadingfan

by madreadingfan » 08 Jan 2013 11:32

CamberleyRoyal Sat in the hotel at the stadium and Brian is sat with three chaps. One is a player (young coloured guy with a beard) and the other two are agents/lawyers.
They are sat by the bar to the right on the seats under the TV with Sky Sports on.

It's kieron dyer, he's been released today. We wanted to snatch him up fast :?

RobRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by RobRoyal » 08 Jan 2013 11:32

CamberleyRoyal Sat in the hotel at the stadium and Brian is sat with three chaps. One is a player (young coloured guy with a beard) and the other two are agents/lawyers.
They are sat by the bar to the right on the seats under the TV with Sky Sports on.

Did he look like he hates queers?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Hope Akpan

by Ian Royal » 08 Jan 2013 11:33

Super Kevin Bremner! Akpan, there's no need to feel down.
I said, Akpan, pick yourself off the ground.
I said, Akpan, 'cause you're in a new town
There's no need to be unhappy.

Akpan, there's a place you can go.
I said, Akpan, when you're short on your dough.
You can stay there, and I'm sure you will find
Many ways to have a good time.

It's fun to play at the Ma-j-ay-ski.

They have everything, for young men to enjoy,
You can hang out with all the boys ...

Massively underwhelmed by our transfer activity so far. But then it's because it's so obviously not what we need to make a real fight of staying up and is clearly about rebuilding for next season. In that context it's good and actually fairly sensible, but I still can't help but find it disappointing right now.
Last edited by Ian Royal on 08 Jan 2013 11:35, edited 1 time in total.

RockheadRumple

by RockheadRumple » 08 Jan 2013 11:33

johnnym looks like a qwear
sounds like a qwear

any checked with Bunny??

:D Gotta love Harry and Paul

RedRum

by RedRum » 08 Jan 2013 11:35

Isn't CamberleyRoyal the same guy who did this post about Gareth McCleary and everyone laughed at him?

Looks like we're definitely signing Akpan then.

kitsons pubes

by kitsons pubes » 08 Jan 2013 11:37

Was this the guy you saw?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 08 Jan 2013 11:38

kitsons pubes Was this the guy you saw?

Ruh-ro. He's not going to like that hand on his thigh. Oo er Mrs.

peterroyal76
Hob Nob Regular
Location: North stand B13.......where all the empty seats are!

by peterroyal76 » 08 Jan 2013 11:39

TFF Pretty weak excuse

A message from the Crawley Town FC midfielder’s account last month said: “Gays all over the tele what’s wrong with Britain! Sorry I’m #FullyHomophobic.”

The 20-year-old said someone in his family posted the comment without his knowledge. It was subsequently deleted.

He admitted the charge of “acting in a manner which was improper and/or bringing the game into disrepute” but denies sending the tweet himself.

Mr Akpan said: “This is a very harsh lesson for me but given the circumstances I had no option but to plead guilty.

“It is clear that the person I thought would stand up for his actions did not and it has come with a heavy price to myself.

“In relation to what was reported on my Twitter account I can only once again apologise. I did not write those words and they are certainly not my views.”

Manager Steve Evans said: “I really feel sorry for young Hope. Another person should be ashamed of themselves and all they have done is create a difficult situation for the most honest and genuine lad anyone could wish to meet.

“The Football Association have acted and the matter is now closed. The young man can now get on with his football. I know he was deeply upset by it but, as I told him, he must learn from this.”

Mr Evans said the club does not “for one minute believe that he made that inappropriate comment.”

but really, so what? He's a kid, I was full of all sorts of shit at that age. He'll learn.

Obviously not a prem player but if we're planning for life in the second tier I'd be inclined to give the fella a chance. The leg break doesn't sound typical of the lad and six yellows in half a season of league 1 football is nothing to get worked up about.

I'm not sure Steve Evans is a good character reference though.

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 08 Jan 2013 11:47

melonhead thats whats been missing from our squad this season

a beard.

we will rocket up the table now

Mariappa and McEnough both have sported tidy beards.

Good to see up snapping up the young talent.

CamberleyRoyal

by CamberleyRoyal » 08 Jan 2013 11:58

Looks like him to me.
They are still sat there now. I would suggest this will be announced shortly as they are all smiles - awaiting paperwork etc.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 08 Jan 2013 12:00

CamberleyRoyal Looks like him to me.
They are still sat there now. I would suggest this will be announced shortly as they are all smiles - awaiting paperwork etc.

They could be waiting for the bill.

holsgrove breaks a leg

by holsgrove breaks a leg » 08 Jan 2013 12:05

Norfolk Royal
CamberleyRoyal Looks like him to me.

They could be waiting for the bill.

5 grand a week and all the pork scratchings you can eat

Zammo
Hob Nob Addict

by Zammo » 08 Jan 2013 12:07

Good signing. I really do believe we could be on the verge of the play-offs next season.

Sir Dodger Royal
Location: Cyberspace - pulling the strings. You know it makes sense.

by Sir Dodger Royal » 08 Jan 2013 12:08

"Akpan Everton didn’t look very assured in midfield position. 1st touch was shocking, his passing was wayward looked off the pace"

With quotes like that he should fit nicely to Reading's midfield. Do doubt Akpan will go down the pan along with the other cheapo signings by McDonet.

Get Real we are getting ready for Division One. Let alone the Championship. Real Facts from the Main Man. You know it makes s enseeeeeeeeeee

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

by Big Ern » 08 Jan 2013 12:10

If this is one of the "2 or 3" players Brian said he was trying to sign, the this is absolutely pathetic from the club and confirms we are not even going to try to stay up.

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 08 Jan 2013 12:11

Sir Dodger Royal "Akpan Everton didn’t look very assured in midfield position. 1st touch was shocking, his passing was wayward looked off the pace"

With quotes like that he should fit nicely to Reading's midfield. Do doubt Akpan will go down the pan along with the other cheapo signings by McDonet.

Get Real we are getting ready for Division One. Let alone the Championship. Real Facts from the Main Man. You know it makes s enseeeeeeeeeee

:roll:

I think most people would trust a highly-rated manager over you. If he feels that Akpan is a good signing, I think we can trust him to make the correct call.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 08 Jan 2013 12:14

LoyalRoyalFan
Sir Dodger Royal "Akpan Everton didn’t look very assured in midfield position. 1st touch was shocking, his passing was wayward looked off the pace"

:roll:

I think most people would trust a highly-rated manager over you. If he feels that Akpan is a good signing, I think we can trust him to make the correct call.

And Coppell will have told Brian to steer clear if he wasn't good for us.

Same people moaning about this are the same ones who bemoaned the signings of S.Hunt, Shorey, Ingimarrson, Sonko, Kitson... "No ambition"..

SpaghettiHoop

by SpaghettiHoop » 08 Jan 2013 12:14

Report from over three years ago !!!!

557 posts