FAO Brian

155 posts
Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

FAO Brian

by Royalee » 23 Feb 2013 17:42

Since you've dropped Pearce this season, we have 0.5 points per game, as opposed to 1.875 with him in - you do the maths. How you can brush off his dropping on the basis of one game at Stoke is an absolute disgrace and Morrison was toilet today. How can you bring off Akpan when he was our only effective player today and leave Leigertwood and Karacan on - 2 players who seem incapable of passing a football.

Oh, and referees don't cost you three goals - hth.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: FAO Brian

by Royal Lady » 23 Feb 2013 17:44

Royalee Since you've dropped Pearce this season, we have 0.5 points per game, as opposed to 1.875 with him in - you do the maths. How you can brush off his dropping on the basis of one game at Stoke is an absolute disgrace and Morrison was toilet today. How can you bring off Akpan when he was our only effective player today and leave Leigertwood and Karacan on - 2 players who seem incapable of passing a football.

THIS. I was fuuuuming at his interview on Radio Berks.

super darren caskey
Hob Nob Regular

by super darren caskey » 23 Feb 2013 17:46

Ledge was back to his shitest today after a not too bad spell

Soooooo slooooooooooooow

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 23 Feb 2013 17:51

super darren caskey Ledge was back to his shitest today after a not too bad spell

Soooooo slooooooooooooow

It's ok, McD will tell him where he went wrong and shove him on the bench for next week, a la Pearce. If he doesn't, we'll know the Pearce stuff was bullshit, which it was anyway.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 23 Feb 2013 17:53

Royalee Since you've dropped Pearce this season, we have 0.5 points per game, as opposed to 1.875 with him in - you do the maths. How you can brush off his dropping on the basis of one game at Stoke is an absolute disgrace and Morrison was toilet today. How can you bring off Akpan when he was our only effective player today and leave Leigertwood and Karacan on - 2 players who seem incapable of passing a football.

It's hard to disagree with this. The ref was fine today. Brian's tactics cost us again. I'm a favourite of his but I wont let that get in the way of due criticism. He says he's learnt a lot this season, but clearly not enough. Today was embarrassing. All that space, cut open time and time again. So so easy. No excuses. Be man enough to hold your hands up!

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 23 Feb 2013 17:55

SPARTA

It's hard to disagree with this. The ref was fine today. Brian's tactics cost us again. I'm a favourite of his but I wont let that get in the way of due criticism. He says he's learnt a lot this season, but clearly not enough. Today was embarrassing. All that space, cut open time and time again. So so easy. No excuses. Be man enough to hold your hands up!

Absolutely spot on. The supporters deserved an honest and full apology from the manager and his players after today's pile of shyte. :twisted:

Haag Royal

by Haag Royal » 23 Feb 2013 17:56

RoyalBlue
SPARTA

Absolutely spot on. The supporters deserved an honest and full apology from the manager and his players after today's pile of shyte. :twisted:

An Brian says we played nice football in the first half? The blokes lost the plot

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 23 Feb 2013 18:01

I think he meant we were too nice to them and gave them too many chances - not that I want to make excuses for him but I don't think he meant "nice" as good.

Cripple Creek
Hob Nob Regular

by Cripple Creek » 23 Feb 2013 18:04

I really feel for Guthrie. His spell at Reading has been disastrous and I think he's only partly responsible. Since he 'manned up' about 'not feeling right in me head' for the Sunderland trip he has got on with the job and was, I thought, a player who was going to be instrumental in our efforts to stay up. I thought against Wigan he would be very much an automatic first choice. He must be massively frustrated and I am frustrated for him. As for dropping Pearce - and the reasons given - this does come across as an awful decision from a manager I like and respect. This first season in the Prem, with the exception of a few moments and games, has been, basically, a bit of a nightmare. I suppose it is still feasible we will stay up but it looks highly unlikely and, frankly, Reading really only have themselves to blame.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 23 Feb 2013 18:07

Cripple Creek I really feel for Guthrie. His spell at Reading has been disastrous and I think he's only partly responsible. Since he 'manned up' about 'not feeling right in me head' for the Sunderland trip he has got on with the job and was, I thought, a player who was going to be instrumental in our efforts to stay up. I thought against Wigan he would be very much an automatic first choice. He must be massively frustrated and I am frustrated for him. As for dropping Pearce - and the reasons given - this does come across as an awful decision from a manager I like and respect. This first season in the Prem, with the exception of a few moments and games, has been, basically, a bit of a nightmare. I suppose it is still feasible we will stay up but it looks highly unlikely and, frankly, Reading really only have themselves to blame.

According to an afterthought from McDermott, Guthrie has got another injury!

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 23 Feb 2013 18:07

Even if we stayed up, it would just be more of the same - lessons won't have been learned and TSI will think they don't need to spend much money cos McD always pulls it out of the bag at the end.

I would say I'd rather we were there or thereabouts in the championship than floundering in the Prem, but I really can't see us doing well in the championship next season either. We've gone stale, McD has lost the plot and a lot of players really don't seem to have any fight in them.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 23 Feb 2013 18:09

Refs can cost you at least 1 goal when they don't spot a handball in the build up tbf.
Last edited by sandman on 23 Feb 2013 18:27, edited 1 time in total.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular

by SPARTA » 23 Feb 2013 18:15

RoyalBlue
Cripple Creek I really feel for Guthrie. His spell at Reading has been disastrous and I think he's only partly responsible. Since he 'manned up' about 'not feeling right in me head' for the Sunderland trip he has got on with the job and was, I thought, a player who was going to be instrumental in our efforts to stay up. I thought against Wigan he would be very much an automatic first choice. He must be massively frustrated and I am frustrated for him. As for dropping Pearce - and the reasons given - this does come across as an awful decision from a manager I like and respect. This first season in the Prem, with the exception of a few moments and games, has been, basically, a bit of a nightmare. I suppose it is still feasible we will stay up but it looks highly unlikely and, frankly, Reading really only have themselves to blame.

According to an afterthought from McDermott, Guthrie has got another injury!

Has he bollocks. I suppose Caricco isn't fit either, although he made the bench last week.. :roll:

Albert Spangler
Hob Nob Regular

by Albert Spangler » 23 Feb 2013 18:15

FAO Brian

I probably wouldn't have made the changes you made today but it probably wouldn't have mattered. While I don't believe you to be beyond any reprisal, I think you've done a sterling job under difficult circumstances and I shan't be calling for your head.

The Real Sandhurst Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by The Real Sandhurst Royal » 23 Feb 2013 18:19

You fu*cked that up big time Brian with your post match interview on BBC Berks an utter joke.

Twix

by Twix » 23 Feb 2013 18:24

Apkan has showed why Guthrie isn't involved, he puts way more effort in (Guthrie couldn't be bothered to chase the ball at Crawley), is better defensively and most importantly he's even better at picking out passes which is meant to be Guthrie's speciality.
Even though he was our best midfielder today Brian took him off instead of Leigertwood or even Karacan.

I agree that Pearce should be playing though.

Despite his faults I'd rather have Brian than most other managers that would realistically come to our club.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 23 Feb 2013 18:36

Twix Apkan has showed why Guthrie isn't involved, he puts way more effort in (Guthrie couldn't be bothered to chase the ball at Crawley), is better defensively and most importantly he's even better at picking out passes which is meant to be Guthrie's speciality.
Even though he was our best midfielder today Brian took him off instead of Leigertwood or even Karacan.

What was even more strange was that Legs was already on a yellow and therefore had to be careful with every challenge. Brian f*cked up in lots of ways today and continued to do so in his post match interview. As for 'getting the players in on Monday', why aren't they being fetched in tomorrow and made to watch a recording of their pathetic performance today? They could also do a training session, given that few put in a proper shift today!

Haag Royal

by Haag Royal » 23 Feb 2013 18:41

The Real Sandhurst Royal You fu*cked that up big time Brian with your post match interview on BBC Berks an utter joke.

Agreed - but also cr*p due to the soft and apologetic questions asked by the Mcd love- child Dellor

chilipepper91
Hob Nob Regular

by chilipepper91 » 23 Feb 2013 18:44

The Real Sandhurst Royal You fu*cked that up big time Brian with your post match interview on BBC Berks an utter joke.

Doesn't help that Dellor sounds like a man grinning from cheek to cheek to be asking his heroes soft questions. How about some real inquisition?

"Brian, why did you bring off Hope Akpan who looked our biggest threat in the midfield and leave on Leigertwood who can only hoof forwards or pass backwards for someone else to hoof forwards?"

"Brian, why did you go to a three-man midfield, at 3-0 and 1 man down, when our FIVE MAN midfield was being dominated from the first minute?"

"Brian, can you admit that you were totally outplayed today and got the tactics totally wrong?"

"Brian, will you now be keeping to your word and dropping Sean Morrison after he gave away the ball for their second and stood watching like a meerkat for their third?"

Instead - We got "the first was handball, the sending-off was questionable, for forty minutes we played alright. LISTEN. We've played well recently, we've come so far in two years, we move on."

:arrow:

Oh, and Guthrie response was that he wasn't selected and picked up an injury in training today

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular

by SPARTA » 23 Feb 2013 19:33

Hi Brian

You've said a number of times that you've learnt from your mistakes this season, and as a manager, learnt a lot. Can you please tell us exactly what you've learnt, and have you considered passing it on to the playing staff?

155 posts