BFTG - Everton

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

Re: BFTG - Everton

by Gordons Cumming » 02 Mar 2013 23:40

Ian Royal I've experienced a fair amount of rough thanks you patronising old fart. :wink:

This'll be my third relegation. I've done my time in League One. I was there when we were worryingly close to a return to the bottom flight. This is rough. You need to see through the fug of old age induced mental infirmity that we're not just a third tier also ran these days. We're a bigger club and we're trying to establish ourselves at the top table. And we're doing a bad job at it right now.

How many relegations have Reading had since 1969?

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 02 Mar 2013 23:41

IAN knows everything

Scarface
Hob Nob Regular

by Scarface » 03 Mar 2013 00:29

AthleticoSpizz out of (vague) interest Mr C

What were you expecting?

Top four - champions league

Top six - euros

Mid table - boredom

Bottom scrap - thats what we've got

Exciting isnt it?

No, it's depressing.

I expected us to stay up, if we went down we went down fighting playing each game like a cup final. What we've done is stumble from blunder to blunder, whether it be transfers, formations, bust ups and baffling team selections. All in all I feel the manager has let us down and not given us the best chance of staying up.

I'm not saying sack him by the way

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 03 Mar 2013 00:34

and if we stay up?

afterall, you expected us to "stay up" and if we do, then what?

By the way, we haven't been relegated just yet Scarface

TommyF
Location: sitting on the dock of the bay, watching the royals sail away

by TommyF » 03 Mar 2013 00:48

Maguire
We've scored 34 times this season. That's more than....

QPR
Villa
Wigan
Sunderland
Norwich
West Ham
Stoke

and we've conceded 54, that's more than....well, everyone except Wigan

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 03 Mar 2013 02:24

AthleticoSpizz IAN knows everything

Apart from the directions to the Madejski.

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 03 Mar 2013 04:18

Trying to think of a club who have sacked there manager with ten games to go and still stayed up?
Wolves Still went down
Hull Still went down
Newcastle Still went down
Charlton Still went down

royalsteve

by royalsteve » 03 Mar 2013 07:03

MR. CYNICAL I'm with paultheroyal. This season has been such an anti climax. After getting promoted last season playing shit football we just carried on as we were. The squad needed restructuring in the summer with players who could compete at this level but, as usual, we stuck with the players we had apart from signing a few championship players (apart from the pog).This continued in the January window when we added a couple of LEAGUE ONE players, an unfit portugese and a squad player from Fulham!
With the shit style of football thrown in, it was always going to be a struggle for survival. All we do is try and get the ball in the box from wide areas, we make no attempt to create any chances by passing through the midfield, can't think of any other prem team that is as uncreative as we are.
Just bored with it all now. when we do win it's ugly. Why can't we be entertained?

blimey, we have some right plastics on here, just get lost and go and support oxford. you arent a proper supporter and we can do without muptards like you. try travelling to 3rd or 4th (l1 or l2 now) games watching a pretty mediocore side but still turn up every week with few moans because we were a small, poorly funded side playing in a league, we are just graeful we still have a football club

now we have plastic muptards that expect us to win most game as thats been the norm for the past 3-4 seasons - well, unless you havent realised we are playing in the top league and yes we are punching about our weight. if we stay up that will be more of an achievement thans the 8th place last tim in the prem, considering the quality of players we have - good championship players

frimmers3
Hob Nob Addict

by frimmers3 » 03 Mar 2013 07:08

do "plastics" get a discount on match tickets?

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 03 Mar 2013 09:33

frimmers3 do "plastics" get a discount on match tickets?

or Muptards?

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 03 Mar 2013 09:34

BKRoyale Just got back to the bar ready for the liverpool game. Thought we had some good possession first half but couldn't create anything. They just took their chances. Happy for Hal, hope Kebe's ok. Out to have a good night in liverpool regardless!

How was your night out? Just interested...

frimmers3
Hob Nob Addict

by frimmers3 » 03 Mar 2013 09:38

Man Friday
frimmers3 do "plastics" get a discount on match tickets?

or Muptards?

i would welcome a "plastics and muptards" enclosure.why should real fans have to share stadium space with lesser mortals?

BKRoyale

by BKRoyale » 03 Mar 2013 09:43

Man Friday
BKRoyale Just got back to the bar ready for the liverpool game. Thought we had some good possession first half but couldn't create anything. They just took their chances. Happy for Hal, hope Kebe's ok. Out to have a good night in liverpool regardless!

How was your night out? Just interested...

Very good thank you. Cut a bit short due to seemingly catching the lurgy the minute I got off the train on friday but still hit a few bars and had good fun.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 03 Mar 2013 10:15

AthleticoSpizz out of (vague) interest Mr C

What were you expecting?

Top four - champions league

Top six - euros

Mid table - boredom

Bottom scrap - thats what we've got

Exciting isnt it?

No we haven't got a bottom scrap because McDermott and his nice team have proven that they aren't tough enough to scrap when the chips are down and the result really matters.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 03 Mar 2013 10:41

Anfield Kopite You are not deffo going down Ian. a couple of wins and you can be out of the bottom 3.

Please tell us where we will get those wins. We fight well when up against decent teams but in the end class out does us. We shit ourselves and are absolutely crap when we come up against teams around us at the bottom of the table.

royalsteve
MR. CYNICAL I'm with paultheroyal. This season has been such an anti climax. After getting promoted last season playing shit football we just carried on as we were. The squad needed restructuring in the summer with players who could compete at this level but, as usual, we stuck with the players we had apart from signing a few championship players (apart from the pog).This continued in the January window when we added a couple of LEAGUE ONE players, an unfit portugese and a squad player from Fulham!
With the shit style of football thrown in, it was always going to be a struggle for survival. All we do is try and get the ball in the box from wide areas, we make no attempt to create any chances by passing through the midfield, can't think of any other prem team that is as uncreative as we are.
Just bored with it all now. when we do win it's ugly. Why can't we be entertained?

blimey, we have some right plastics on here, just get lost and go and support oxford. you arent a proper supporter and we can do without muptards like you. try travelling to 3rd or 4th (l1 or l2 now) games watching a pretty mediocore side but still turn up every week with few moans because we were a small, poorly funded side playing in a league, we are just graeful we still have a football club

Here we go again. :twisted: Some of you have been so well and truly brainwashed by Madejski. Of course there is no way other than the 'Reading Way'. To try anything different will ensure we end up like Portsmouth. Let's completely ignore all of the clubs who have so successfully followed a middle path.

Then when anyone dares disagree, accuse them of not being true supporters and tell them to get lost and support another team (at least Oxford is a change from Chelsea :roll: ). How dare you start playing that 'you aren't a proper supporter and I am crap'. Supporting the team and blindly supporting the club's management (on and off the pitch) whatever they do are two completely different things. Only idiots fail to recognise that.

And if everyone who doesn't blindly support everything the club does did do as you say, then you would end up without a football club.

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 03 Mar 2013 11:16

BKRoyale Very good thank you. Cut a bit short due to seemingly catching the lurgy the minute I got off the train on friday but still hit a few bars and had good fun.

Excellent, good lad.

southbank1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: And yeah I'd love to tell you all my problem, you're not from New York City you're from Rotherham

by southbank1871 » 03 Mar 2013 11:18

Lad :?:

BKRoyale

by BKRoyale » 03 Mar 2013 12:17

southbank1871 Lad :?:

Lol :?

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 03 Mar 2013 15:04

Lol @ calling Mr Cynical plastic. He's been going to games since my great-grandad was in nappies.

RoyallyFcuked
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyallyFcuked » 03 Mar 2013 16:49

Well, it wasnt like I was really expecting us to get anything from the game. As I did expect, we looked a bit more threatening playing 4-4-2 and it was certainly an improvement on the Wigan game (which shouldnt have been difficult). In the first half there wasnt much between the teams, and we could have gone one up from Le Fondre. It was a shame they got the goal just before half time. Disappointing second half performance considering we were still in the game at 1-0, and after the second goal you just couldnt really see it happening.

Our tactics were predictable again. It seems like the only things we know how to do are either, hoof the ball up field and hope that we'll win a header for a flick on forward or out wide, or get the ball wide and try and put a cross in and/or win a corner. We dont play the ball on the deck enough, and we never try and play through the middle. One time we had Le Fondre in a good position screaming for it and the team ignored him and ended up wasting it. I remember another occasion where Everton (at 3-0 up) were letting us have some possession just outside their box, and our players (Ledge and Jobi the main culprits) just did not seem to know what to do with the ball. They ended up passing it back to each other aimlessly before deciding to go back out wide and nothing came of it. The was the most obvious occasion but the same kind of thing happens all the time. We just dont know how to create good chances. Often the players are either too slow and lose the ball or ending up rushing it and giving it away. As we know, just nowhere near enough Premier League quality in the side. Anyway,

Taylor - 6.5 - Did quite well but maybe could have done better for the second goal
Kelly - 7 - Again, looked fairly good
Pearce - 7 - Fairly good job defensively
Mariappa - 7 - Same as Pearce
Harte - 6 - Delivery was poor, except for the goal. Made a couple of goal line clearances, but I would like to see Shorey back in.
Kebe - 6 - Looked like he was going to have a good game judging from the short amount of time he was on the pitch.
Akpan - 7 - Again, some flashes of real potential
Leigertwood - 6 - Not bad, not great. Got worse as it went on though
McAnuff - 6 - Started off well, but like Ledge he got worse. Crossing was poor as well, except for a couple of corners but no one won the header.
Hunt - 6 - His work never seems to lead to much
Le Fondre - 6.5 - Could/should have scored when he hit the post. Could/should have had a penalty for Distin's handball. Some great touches, one of our few players who shows any composure and class on the ball.

HRK - 7 - Thought he did quite well, looked more of a threat than any of our midfield. Dont think he is a winger though.
Blackman - 6 - Did alright in the short time he was on the pitch

Thought our fans were really good today, made themselves heard with some of the funny classic chants along with some witty ones, and the banter at that one fat bloke was fcuking hilarious. "You fat bastard, you eat what you want" was the pick of the bunch!