Villa (H) Match Thread - Sponsored by "we move on"

325 posts
retro royal

Re: Villa (H) Match Thread - Sponsored by "we move on"

by retro royal » 09 Mar 2013 17:18

How can changing manager be a bad thing ?

1) He is choosing these negative tactics
2) signed the majority of these players
3) sticks with the slowest, worst control CM in premier league
4) Should have got new LB in January both out of contract in summer
5) Sticks with captain that won't talk
6) As close to a Reading team that have the least passion I have seen
7) Alienated the Reading kids in the team

I've had enough of the guy, I respect what he's achieved, but simply catching teams on the counter is not good enough at this level and no plan B

ManchesterRoyals
Hob Nob Regular

by ManchesterRoyals » 09 Mar 2013 17:19

Libertine
yuomi This. I don't see where we have the quality to compete in the Championship with this squad.

Championship teams are investing more money in their squads than we did in our Premier League squad this season. It isn't that we're moving on, it is the rest of the footballing world in the UK is moving on and we remain in a time warp known as The Reading Way...

Shouldn't that be the Madejski way

muddyfeet
Hob Nob Regular

by muddyfeet » 09 Mar 2013 17:21

Fukk off Jobi

Shocking performance and even worse sub choices

ManchesterRoyals
Hob Nob Regular

by ManchesterRoyals » 09 Mar 2013 17:22

muddyfeet Fukk off Jobi

Thought Blackman was excellent at falling over def Prem quality eh Brian

rhroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by rhroyal » 09 Mar 2013 17:23

I just hope Villa keep this going to beat QPR next week; would love them to come down with us and face administration.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 09 Mar 2013 17:23

howser Well at least we might hear a different splurge from Mcdermott, instead of "we move on" it might be "we move down", should have gone before the January window, pathetic inept purchases and bloody Carrico what an over publicised, pointless bit of shite business thats proving to be, no wonder they let him go cheap, maybe even a bit too much money we paid for a hospital case, sadly Mcdermott has to take the hit for this and the crap way we have played this season, if i am right i read something yesterday that he said we have "gone at" the Prem league this season, I beg to differ all we do is sit back and let teams walk all over us.

Overall complete failures in the Prem this season we have totally disrespected the class of this league with bland, boring, one dimensional tactics, we arnt going to be there next season and we certainly don't deserve to be there, those saying we will lose our stars when, not if, we go down ? who the hell will want any of this bunch of overpaid championship/ Division one standard wastes of space ?

Agree - Feds is too inconsistant, none of the defenders or midfield are good enough, Pog maybe, Alf possibly but he's only proved to be an impact sub.

yuomi

by yuomi » 09 Mar 2013 17:26

Mid Sussex Royal
howser Well at least we might hear a different splurge from Mcdermott, instead of "we move on" it might be "we move down", should have gone before the January window, pathetic inept purchases and bloody Carrico what an over publicised, pointless bit of shite business thats proving to be, no wonder they let him go cheap, maybe even a bit too much money we paid for a hospital case, sadly Mcdermott has to take the hit for this and the crap way we have played this season, if i am right i read something yesterday that he said we have "gone at" the Prem league this season, I beg to differ all we do is sit back and let teams walk all over us.

Overall complete failures in the Prem this season we have totally disrespected the class of this league with bland, boring, one dimensional tactics, we arnt going to be there next season and we certainly don't deserve to be there, those saying we will lose our stars when, not if, we go down ? who the hell will want any of this bunch of overpaid championship/ Division one standard wastes of space ?

Agree - Feds is too inconsistant, none of the defenders or midfield are good enough, Pog maybe, Alf possibly but he's only proved to be an impact sub.

ALF has done enough to convince people he's worthy of more than the championship, through sympathetic media blitz if nothing else. His £5/6m will be a welcome addition to the parachute. Can't imagine Pog will stay, surely someone will offer him a top flight life raft somewhere, even if its back in the motherland. mariappa and pearce maybe? although on todays evidence, probably not. Beyond that, who would want any of this utter shower?

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

by Big Ern » 09 Mar 2013 17:26

In all honesty, we have 0% chance of stying up under Brian, what difference does it make if we change him now.

what is so sad is as a supporter of the club for over 25 years, I have no hope left for this season. apart from our purple patch I have felt like this all season and coupled with a sense of huge missed opportunity and not even giving it a proper go, just makes this one of the worst seasons I have ever had supporting this club.

Yes we are in the Prem (Few a couple of months anyway) but losing is losing, and it makes no difference as to what division we do that in.

ManchesterRoyals
Hob Nob Regular

by ManchesterRoyals » 09 Mar 2013 17:28

yuomi
Mid Sussex Royal

ALF has done enough to convince people he's worthy of more than the championship, through sympathetic media blitz if nothing else. His £5/6m will be a welcome addition to the parachute. Can't imagine Pog will stay, surely someone will offer him a top flight life raft somewhere, even if its back in the motherland. mariappa and pearce maybe? although on todays evidence, probably not. Beyond that, who would want any of this utter shower?

Wouldn't be surprised to see McCarthy go was playing well until his injury

Winnershroyal

by Winnershroyal » 09 Mar 2013 17:31

Just BFTG, can't be arsed to start a thread.

Two comedy falls were the highlight for me.

Season end can't come soon enough for me, Villa were ordinary but we made them look like Barca at times, the second goal was thirty passes or so.

What happened to them all being Cup Finals? Tame.

littlejohnnyoster

by littlejohnnyoster » 09 Mar 2013 17:32

muddyfeet Fukk off Jobi

In defence of Jobi! Put in two cracking balls, one of which resulted in a goal, the other in an unfairly disallowed goal. Who the F else did anything remotely creative today?

yuomi

by yuomi » 09 Mar 2013 17:33

Big Ern In all honesty, we have 0% chance of stying up under Brian, what difference does it make if we change him now.

what is so sad is as a supporter of the club for over 25 years, I have no hope left for this season. apart from our purple patch I have felt like this all season and coupled with a sense of huge missed opportunity and not even giving it a proper go, just makes this one of the worst seasons I have ever had supporting this club.

Yes we are in the Prem (Few a couple of months anyway) but losing is losing, and it makes no difference as to what division we do that in.

I like to think that its allot to do with the takeover being drawn out that we weren't more prepared at the start of the season. Had the deal been rubber stamped sooner there would have been money and we could have been more proactive in sourcing talent to give the Prem a proper roll of the dice. I'd like to think that, but based on the evidence of January, Anton seems to be Sir John with an accent. We never gave ourselves a chance because we never looked to address our obvious shortcomings, and its exactly those shortcomings that have risen up and bitten us on the arse time and time again.

muddyfeet
Hob Nob Regular

by muddyfeet » 09 Mar 2013 17:37

littlejohnnyoster
muddyfeet Fukk off Jobi

In defence of Jobi! Put in two cracking balls, one of which resulted in a goal, the other in an unfairly disallowed goal. Who the F else did anything remotely creative today?

For me him and Lwood did more harm than good half the time
I just despair that he is captain tbh

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

by Big Ern » 09 Mar 2013 17:40

ManchesterRoyals
muddyfeet Fukk off Jobi

Thought Blackman was excellent at falling over def Prem quality eh Brian

Yes, the new Martin Williams

BenSmith91

by BenSmith91 » 09 Mar 2013 17:41

TINA FROM TILEHURST BACK ON BBC BERKSHIRE KLAXON.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 09 Mar 2013 17:42

BenSmith91 TINA FROM TILEHURST BACK ON BBC BERKSHIRE KLAXON.

Please tell me what she says - hope she doesn't swear again.

Fezza

by Fezza » 09 Mar 2013 17:48

"The fans were excellent at the start of the game, they got behind us. They are entitled to boo and cheer, from my point of view we need the fans on board 100 per cent but if sometimes they disagreed with my decisions I have no problem with that.

"The margins are very, very fine in this division and we saw that again today."

Fact is you can't get the tactics right, keep picking players that are sh!te when we have better available and refuse to admit when you c0ck up! Stop whining about fine margins or b0llocks about what you've learnt and start to actually put what you claim to have learnt into action.

The only time we've played well is when BMD copied Gary Neville's suggestion for how we can stop shipping goals!

AAAAAAARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!

BenSmith91

by BenSmith91 » 09 Mar 2013 17:48

Royal Lady
BenSmith91 TINA FROM TILEHURST BACK ON BBC BERKSHIRE KLAXON.

Please tell me what she says - hope she doesn't swear again.

It was just a text that said Brian should walk before he is pushed. Still, it's comforting that she is back.

ManchesterRoyals
Hob Nob Regular

by ManchesterRoyals » 09 Mar 2013 17:50

FFS BRIAN Ledge has been great for us for 3 years

Unknown

by Unknown » 09 Mar 2013 17:51

HAVE A LEFT FOOTED WINGER ON THE LEFT AND A RIGHT FOOTED WINGER ON THE RIGHT - why didn't he just swap HRK and Notgoodannuff??

325 posts