Villa (H) Match Thread - Sponsored by "we move on"

325 posts
Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Villa (H) Match Thread - Sponsored by "we move on"

by Big Ern » 09 Mar 2013 17:53

Equal bottom with QPR.

I'm a little confused, shouldn't QPR have gone bust by now? I also clearly remember many on here laughing at them for spending so much money and it would not make a difference either?

ManchesterRoyals
Hob Nob Regular

by ManchesterRoyals » 09 Mar 2013 17:54

Big Ern Equal bottom with QPR.

I'm a little confused, shouldn't QPR have gone bust by now? I also clearly remember many on here laughing at them for spending so much money and it would not make a difference either?

I think there get out of the shit

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 09 Mar 2013 17:58

ManchesterRoyals

:|

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 09 Mar 2013 18:01

ManchesterRoyals

Lose to Villa next week and QPR are down as well as us...will actually soften the pain slightly

Royal91
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal91 » 09 Mar 2013 18:10

As long as QPR and Villa sink with us !

Taffster

by Taffster » 09 Mar 2013 18:16

Royal Lady As when Coppell was here, we don't know how much money was made available - it's one thing to say "money is available" but if it's only £2.50 it's not going to get you very much. I cannot believe that two managers have had money to spend and decided not to spend more of it. I still don't think TSI are the saviours they've been made out to be. I know I'm quite a lone voice, but at least I'm consistent with my thoughts. I've seen nothing that proves to me that McD was given ENOUGH money to spend on bringing in more quality players. I mean, it's not Blackman's fault for example, but is buying a striker from Sheffield Utd REALLY what a manager should be doing in the January transfer window when relegation is a real possibility. Or perhaps the lack of enough money has meant that McD has, indeed, been purchasing for next season in the championship....

The real proof in the pudding for TSI will be to see how the react to us going down and how much we will have to cut the cloth compared to last time. My understanding was they were going to run Reading to pretty much the same model but we wouldn't have to sell players anymore to keep the bank balance healthy. Not that there is a single player (except Kebe) that I would be disappointed to see leave at the moment.

soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

by soggy biscuit » 09 Mar 2013 18:18

So many supporters there today need to take a good look at themselves.

royal67

by royal67 » 09 Mar 2013 18:19

littlejohnnyoster
muddyfeet Fukk off Jobi

Shocking performance and even worse sub choices

In defence of Jobi! Put in two cracking balls, one of which resulted in a goal, the other in an unfairly disallowed goal. Who the F else did anything remotely creative today?

I agree....... Jobi seems to be the focus of all of the single brain celled 'fans' that come on this board. He was the only Reading player on the pitch that showed and sustained attacking intent today. Produced 10x more than any of his midfield team mates (although that isn't saying much...) Maybe he isn't captain material but at least he plays with a bit of passion. Better than Legs walking around at the pace of a snail for 90 minutes and Ian Harte waving at the opposition as they jog past him with the ball.......

Twix

by Twix » 09 Mar 2013 18:28

soggy biscuit So many supporters there today need to take a good look at themselves.

Leigerwood may be terrible at the the moment and I agree that Apkan and Karacan should be ahead of him but after all he's done for the club there's no need to cheer him going off just because he's a bit out of his depth, that was a bloody disgrace.
Even if you want to jeer the other two substitutions you can at least clap the departing player off the pitch once you got the initial booing out of your system.

The stick Jobi got was nearly as bad, how come others like Robson-Kanu get a free pass for doing a lot less?
Last edited by Twix on 09 Mar 2013 18:36, edited 1 time in total.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 09 Mar 2013 18:30

Royal91 As long as QPR and Villa sink with us !

+1 with that, and also we f*ck up Arsenal and Liver pools champions league hopes and mess up any other teams we can. Mind you if we do that we might stay up. 8)

paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

by paddy20 » 09 Mar 2013 18:34

To stay in the premiership you have to be better than 3 other teams. We haven't been better than any other teams this season. To stay in the premiership you have to replace championship quality players with premiership ones. This costs money - usually about £25m or a bit more. You need a modicum of sense to know these facts. Its quite easy really as about 20,000 Reading fans know these facts already. Mr Madjeski knew these facts but chose not to act on them in 2007 because he doesn't like players very much and he is -well- a bit careful with his money. At Reading we know these facts but we also quite like our players because they did something they should not have been able to do - win the championship. Some say this was a miracle and some believed it. It was decided therefore that we had someone high up on our side and another miracle was available for us.Lo and behold we kept all our players and just signed a few cheapies in case anyone got suspicious. Because we still have faith that miracle is about to happen and we will win all our remaining games and this was just a way of testing our faith. Or, we've messed up big time again!!!!!!!

peterroyal76
Hob Nob Regular
Location: North stand B13.......where all the empty seats are!

by peterroyal76 » 09 Mar 2013 18:35

The Prisoner As annoyed that my 2-1 Villa score cast had Benteke scoring first. £660 lost. We move on....to the f@@@ing fridge.

Own goals don't count for betting purposes, so Benteke would count as first goal scorer.

rhroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by rhroyal » 09 Mar 2013 18:37

peterroyal76
The Prisoner As annoyed that my 2-1 Villa score cast had Benteke scoring first. £660 lost. We move on....to the f@@@ing fridge.

Own goals don't count for betting purposes, so Benteke would count as first goal scorer.

Hope he didn't put his betting slip through the shredder in frustration. :lol: :lol:

ManchesterRoyals
Hob Nob Regular

by ManchesterRoyals » 09 Mar 2013 18:39

paddy20 To stay in the premiership you have to be better than 3 other teams. We haven't been better than any other teams this season. To stay in the premiership you have to replace championship quality players with premiership ones. This costs money - usually about £25m or a bit more. You need a modicum of sense to know these facts. Its quite easy really as about 20,000 Reading fans know these facts already. Mr Madjeski knew these facts but chose not to act on them in 2007 because he doesn't like players very much and he is -well- a bit careful with his money. At Reading we know these facts but we also quite like our players because they did something they should not have been able to do - win the championship. Some say this was a miracle and some believed it. It was decided therefore that we had someone high up on our side and another miracle was available for us.Lo and behold we kept all our players and just signed a few cheapies in case anyone got suspicious. Because we still have faith that miracle is about to happen and we will win all our remaining games and this was just a way of testing our faith. Or, we've messed up big time again!!!!!!!

Couldnt have put it better myself

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 09 Mar 2013 18:48

Don't think that McAnuff was that bad today. Some of his criticism has been harsh. He set up the own goal, as well as the one ruled out. His main faults were his insitence on cutting on to his left foot at all times, as well as a few aimless dribbles.

Leigertwood, however, was literally a 0/10 performance. He gave away the ball for one goal, could not pass all day and at one point almost scored an own goal by pelting it at Taylor in goal. Whilst I felt a little bit sorry for him at the fan's, myself included, reaction to his substitution, he has to take responsibility for his own terrible performances. More to blame for the reaction than Leigertwood, however, is McDermott. He should not have picked Lwood today, based on previous form. After picking him in the starting 11, he should then have subbed him off at half time, due to his 1st half performance, this would also have avoided an uncomfortable fan's reaction.

The fact that Lwood and McAnuff have constantly been McDermott's first names on the teamsheet all season means that they are judged by the fans on the basis that they are key players. If McDermott did not put Lwood on a pedestal above the likes of Karacan, Guthrie, Akpan and Tabb then he would not receive as much criticism. Similarly, if McAnuff was considered a rotation player, along with Robson-Kanu and McClearly he would be judged less harshly.

These two players are disliked by many, not necessarily because of their quality but because they are the teacher's favourites. This favouritism is down to McDermott, not the players.

tilehurstender

by tilehurstender » 09 Mar 2013 18:54

How come Pearce is dropped for a poor performance at Stoke but certain players have been dog shit all season and still get picked? Come on Brian, it took you long enough to realise that Gorkks wasn't up to this division not seeing the same about Mcanuff,Leigerwood and a few others will cost us dearly

joeroyal

by joeroyal » 09 Mar 2013 18:59

Best bits today were Harte and Blackman dancing on ice I laughed and laughed but after the final whistle I felt like crying

howser
Hob Nob Regular

by howser » 09 Mar 2013 19:00

I had to have a wee chuckle, on his five live interview when questioned about the remaining matches we have left and how tough they are he said "there isn't a bad team in the Premiership" Brian haven't you been watching our matches recently ??

joeroyal

by joeroyal » 09 Mar 2013 19:01

howser I had to have a wee chuckle, on his five live interview when questioned about the remaining matches we have left and how tough they are he said "there isn't a bad team in the Premiership" Brian haven't you been watching our matches recently ??

poor chap has lost it

paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

by paddy20 » 09 Mar 2013 19:06

Poor Brian said he will hurt after todays result. Why hasn't he been hurting like the rest of us all season?

325 posts