Next Reading Manager: Press Conference @ 9:15

2614 posts
St Chalet

Re: Next Reading Manager

by St Chalet » 16 Mar 2013 20:28

I think you can't go wrong with Adkins, he would have a real go for the rest of the season and likely get you back out of the champ at first attempt if you did go down. We treated him pretty poorly, but the fans loved him to the end.

He is a nice guy, a class act and a proven winner.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 16 Mar 2013 20:48

MmmMonsterMunch
Ian Royal Dolan done his chances of getting the job no harm tonight at all.

His for the season I reckon. Don't mind that actually. Interesting that no one has mentioned that JM & Anton were happily chatting away tonight which doesn't fit with the Anton bashing theories.

I totally do not get this.

Why why why why get rid of Brian if we're even considering taking a step backwards with another unproven up and coming manager who would be no better than Brian. Brian with his relegation survival first season followed by playoff final next followe by championship next, all with a net negative spend losing key key players did an almost miraculous job. The only thing we can knock him for is possibly that he doesn't know how to spend money. So if its a shoestring budget man we want, Brian is the one. If we want to change our way somewhat and go for someone who can reliably spend some money and manage big earning players' egos and take us to the next level then yes goodbye Brian and hello Curbishley or Adkins.

To get rid of him for another "might be good" manager is completely f**king preposterous and I would definitely not be happy if they do this. I'm happy with a spend little up and coming manager, but we had that with Brian. Please let them not even be entertaining this nonsense.

ManchesterRoyals
Hob Nob Regular

by ManchesterRoyals » 16 Mar 2013 20:49

2 world wars, 1 world cup
MmmMonsterMunch

His for the season I reckon. Don't mind that actually. Interesting that no one has mentioned that JM & Anton were happily chatting away tonight which doesn't fit with the Anton bashing theories.

Why why why why get rid of Brian if we're even considering taking a step backwards with another unproven up and coming manager who would be no better than Brian. Brian with his relegation survival first season followed by playoff final next followe by championship next, all with a net negative spend losing key key players did an almost miraculous job. The only thing we can knock him for is possibly that he doesn't know how to spend money. So if its a shoestring budget man we want, Brian is the one. If we want to change our way somewhat and go for someone who can reliably send some money and take us to the next level then yes goodbye Brian and hello Curbishley or Adkins.

To get rid of him for another "might be good" manager is completely f**king preposterous and I would definitely not be happy if they do this. I'm happy with a spend little up and coming manager, but we had that with Brian. Please let them not even be entertaining this nonsense.

Hes gone get over it FFS

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 16 Mar 2013 20:52

Read the post FFS

I have no issues with him going if we go for something better/different. Otherwise it is confusing.

But going for another nobod... Of FFS I'm not going to repeat myself. Its not rocket science.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 16 Mar 2013 20:52

2 world wars, 1 world cup
MmmMonsterMunch

Why why why why get rid of Brian if we're even considering taking a step backwards with another unproven up and coming manager who would be no better than Brian. Brian with his relegation survival first season followed by playoff final next followe by championship next, all with a net negative spend losing key key players did an almost miraculous job. The only thing we can knock him for is possibly that he doesn't know how to spend money. So if its a shoestring budget man we want, Brian is the one. If we want to change our way somewhat and go for someone who can reliably spend some money and manage big earning players' egos and take us to the next level then yes goodbye Brian and hello Curbishley or Adkins.

+1

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 16 Mar 2013 20:53

Someone with a brain, thank you.

rhroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by rhroyal » 16 Mar 2013 20:56

Internal promotions have done us well; Pardew and McD. They understand the culture of the club and know the players and the staff. It takes away the risk element that you may not fit well with an external appointment (we definitely wouldn't fit well with Di Canio).

I won't be crying "lack of ambition" is Dolan gets the job. I'd be more concerned if we went for Di Canio. And if Adkins is available, we should take the game break to interview him properly and ensure that he is right for the club.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 16 Mar 2013 21:00

Dolan does not want the job and ruled himself out.

Pick the phone up to Adkins please... Now! (before Leeds get in there)

Divvy

by Divvy » 16 Mar 2013 21:02

paultheroyal Dolan does not want the job and ruled himself out.

Has he?

yuuichi

by yuuichi » 16 Mar 2013 21:05

don't want adkins
Last edited by yuuichi on 16 Mar 2013 21:09, edited 2 times in total.

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

by Big Ern » 16 Mar 2013 21:07

Might mean nothing but Curbishley was at Old Trafford today.

Divvy

by Divvy » 16 Mar 2013 21:08

Ideal
Divvy
paultheroyal Dolan does not want the job and ruled himself out.

Has he?

Brian is a great friend of mine so I would not take the job, it would be wrong.

Thanks. Where is that from?

AirRaidSiren
Hob Nob Regular

by AirRaidSiren » 16 Mar 2013 21:09

Big Ern Might mean nothing but Curbishley was at Old Trafford today.

and Curbishley is exactly what we need. Been saying that since day dot of Brian's dismissal

yuuichi

by yuuichi » 16 Mar 2013 21:09

I think Dick Advocaat will be the next manager at the end of this season, and Dolan will be interim until then. Advocaat has stated he will leave PSV if they fail to win the league.

EVERYONE SUPPORT AJAX!!READING FC NEED A DICK!!!

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

by Big Ern » 16 Mar 2013 21:12

AirRaidSiren

and Curbishley is exactly what we need. Been saying that since day dot of Brian's dismissal

He would be my first choice as well. Can't believe the ignorance of some fans who don't rate him. They obviously know very little about football.

We would be lucky to have him IMO.

Anfield Kopite

by Anfield Kopite » 16 Mar 2013 21:12

Ideal
yuuichi READING FC NEED A DICK!!!

More likely we will appoint someone completely dickless! :D :D :D :D :D

i suspect you would like Brendan back Ideal ? :wink:

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 16 Mar 2013 21:14

rhroyal Internal promotions have done us well; Pardew and McD.

I won't be crying "lack of ambition" is Dolan gets the job.

Neither would I. I'm quite happy with the Reading way of choosing up and coming untested managers and pushing them onto new limits and watching them grow and improve. I'm resigned to the fact that this is what we do, and you know what, it's worked. Normally these guys get so good they move on (McGhee, Parj). Then, and only then, is it reasonable to go looking for the same thing. The problem is this time WE got rid of him and therefore that HAS to be a sign of intent, and that intent to those of us who are a little confused, is that we will get someone with a little more ability and experience like perhaps Curbs or Adkins. To go for more of the same begs the question why get rid of Brian??? Very very strange that fans are even contemplating this. We should either be embracing the decision (whether we like it or not) like me, getting over it and setting our hopes on someone like Curbs or Adkins, OR we should be at Anton's car parking space asking for Brian back. To accept the change but then hope that we get another of the same, is close to sheer nonsensical stupidity.

AirRaidSiren
Hob Nob Regular

by AirRaidSiren » 16 Mar 2013 21:14

Big Ern
AirRaidSiren

He would be my first choice as well. Can't believe the ignorance of some fans who don't rate him. They obviously know very little about football.

We would be lucky to have him IMO.

Ern, I just look at when he was with Charlton, what he brought to the club and they are very very similar to Reading. He brought major success to a small team in the capital. Highly under-rated
Last edited by AirRaidSiren on 16 Mar 2013 21:15, edited 1 time in total.

Divvy

by Divvy » 16 Mar 2013 21:15

Ideal http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21724400

Thank you.

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 16 Mar 2013 21:15

Latest odds , bookies don't know lot's of money for Parky

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/foo ... nt-manager

2614 posts