Brian: The right decision?

3714 posts

Have the club done the right thing to sack Brian today?

Yes
51%
No
40%
Not sure
9%

Total votes: 568
sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Brian: The right decision?

by sandman » 20 Aug 2013 20:57

LoyalRoyalFan
RoyallyFcuked @LoyalRoyalFan @Woodcote Royal @melonhead

creative_username_1 Why don't you get a room with your boyfriend McDonut

:lol:

:roll:

It's called decency I suppose. McDermott, a man who served us very well over 10 years - a man who won us a title no less - was treated like shit by some on here. Excuse us if we don't agree with the decision to sack him in the first place, if we don't join in with the McDermott bashing on a daily basis, and we don't join in on the Adkins love fest just because he likes to pass the ball a bit.

tmesis Can people not grasp that liking the job Adkins is doing doesn't mean someone spent last year sticking pins into a McDermott voodoo doll.

Amazing as it may seem, it is actually possible to think McDermott was treated shabbily, yet still be happy Adkins is here.

I'm sure it is however that is not the impression that people are giving.

FridaysGhost

by FridaysGhost » 20 Aug 2013 21:16

Brian will go down as a great Reading Manager and a very nice man. That does not mean that during his time in charge he did not make mistakes, indeed, he has admitted that he did.

Given that the team were floundering in the Prem. it is no surprise that the Owner chose to change Managers.

Adkins has a great track record, is making RFC play a more attractive game and, so far, without all of the transfers in that are needed, has given us a start to the season which shows great promise. Adkins will also make mistakes (he is only human) but he deserves our support as much as Brian did.

I don't get get the 'like Adkins - hate Brian', 'like Brian - hate Adkins' thing. One started, the other is continuing. They merge into each other and have never been in opposition insofar as RFC and our fans are concerned.

The Cap
Hob Nob Regular

by The Cap » 20 Aug 2013 21:57

FridaysGhost wrote:

Brian will go down as a great Reading Manager and a very nice man. That does not mean that during his time in charge he did not make mistakes, indeed, he has admitted that he did.

Given that the team were floundering in the Prem. it is no surprise that the Owner chose to change Managers.

Adkins has a great track record, is making RFC play a more attractive game and, so far, without all of the transfers in that are needed, has given us a start to the season which shows great promise. Adkins will also make mistakes (he is only human) but he deserves our support as much as Brian did.

I don't get get the 'like Adkins - hate Brian', 'like Brian - hate Adkins' thing. One started, the other is continuing. They merge into each other and have never been in opposition insofar as RFC and our fans are concerned.

Well put mate. And as MaccyD would say, "We move on." :wink:

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 20 Aug 2013 22:06

The Cap
FridaysGhost wrote:

F*cking good idea

RoyallyFcuked
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyallyFcuked » 20 Aug 2013 22:23

sandman
Mid Sussex Royal Not commented on or read this thread for ages so apologies if this doesn't follow previous, but if you compare us on Sat to the turgid pile of sh1t Leeds dished up on Sky vs Leicester the other day I know who I'd rather have managing us now

Yeah that McCormack goal was awful.

One excellent individual bit of play doesn't hide the fact it was a shitty performance by Leeds.

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 20 Aug 2013 23:28

sandman
tmesis Can people not grasp that liking the job Adkins is doing doesn't mean someone spent last year sticking pins into a McDermott voodoo doll.

Amazing as it may seem, it is actually possible to think McDermott was treated shabbily, yet still be happy Adkins is here.

I think it's more the case of what you are inferring.

And naturally, if anyone points out positives of Adkins, it's nigh on impossible to do it without contrasting it to McDermott. that does not mean people wanted McDermott sacked.

The whole Adkins v Mcdermott thing is stupid anyway. We didn't sack McDermott to bring in Adkins. He was just the best applicant after Brian had gone. Sacking one and hiring the other were two separate decisions. It's like asking if it was right to get rid of Cureton to bring in Kitson.

creative_username_1
Hob Nob Regular

by creative_username_1 » 20 Aug 2013 23:33

windermere_royal
The Cap

F*cking good idea

If i was Man Friday i'd be right in here nipping this sort of negative talk right in the bud...nearly a ton up

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 21 Aug 2013 11:14

tmesis

+1. Now I find a bit of partizan bullshit as entertaining as the rest but some of the stuff posted on this thread is beyond embarrassing.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 21 Aug 2013 11:19

RoyallyFcuked
sandman
Mid Sussex Royal Not commented on or read this thread for ages so apologies if this doesn't follow previous, but if you compare us on Sat to the turgid pile of sh1t Leeds dished up on Sky vs Leicester the other day I know who I'd rather have managing us now

One excellent individual bit of play doesn't hide the fact it was a shitty performance by Leeds.

really quite a pathetic discussion, and i should know, ive started a fair few

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 21 Aug 2013 12:06

RoyallyFcuked
sandman

Must have been Colin's fault.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 21 Aug 2013 12:30

tmesis
sandman

I think it's more the case of what you are inferring.

And naturally, if anyone points out positives of Adkins, it's nigh on impossible to do it without contrasting it to McDermott. That does not mean people wanted McDermott sacked.

The whole Adkins v Mcdermott thing is stupid anyway. We didn't sack McDermott to bring in Adkins. He was just the best applicant after Brian had gone. Sacking one and hiring the other were two separate decisions. It's like asking if it was right to get rid of Cureton to bring in Kitson.

Can you not just merely dislike someone? I dislike Adkins, I don't hate him. I don't dislike him because he is the replacement either as that's not his fault. I dislike him because of his personality.

I don't think you're quite understanding what I am saying. I'm talking about the digs about his professional ability since he has gone for example the sniggering over transfers he has made at Leeds or the strange idea that us losing a two goal lead twice is in some way McDermott's fault. Those sort of comments aren't merely pointing out comparison's.

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 21 Aug 2013 15:30

sandman I dislike him because of his personality.

Oh the irony.......

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 21 Aug 2013 18:58

Vision
tmesis

+1. Now I find a bit of partizan bullshit as entertaining as the rest but some of the stuff posted on this thread is beyond embarrassing.

On a similarly amazing note, it's possible to like McDermott and appreciate his work here, whilst thinking he wasn't treated shabbily and be happy Adkins is here now.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 21 Aug 2013 19:13

Ian Royal
Vision
tmesis

On a similarly amazing note, it's possible to like McDermott and appreciate his work here, whilst thinking he wasn't treated shabbily and be happy Adkins is here now.

Don't be fucking ridiculous IR. Anyone who actually went to matches would know that's not at all possible.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 21 Aug 2013 19:41

Vision
tmesis

I'm in that camp, too, but have grown increasingly pig sick of the Winchester/IR brigade defending their position by making allowances for Adkins that they never afforded to McDermott.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 21 Aug 2013 19:49

Woodcote Royal
Vision
tmesis

I'm in that camp, too, but have grown increasingly pig sick of the Winchester/IR brigade defending their position by making allowances for Adkins that they never afforded to McDermott.

You really are a cretin. Look back over the last 3 years, particularly when McD was first appointed (to the opposition of quite a few) and see who was supporting Brian. In fact my 'location' was 'Backing Brian' for at least 2 and a half years.

I'm an RTG, I prefer to be positive about what's happening at my club, and if they choose to bring in a new manager then I'm going to support that decision. I h8 going into a football ground with a negative mindset, so I choose to support the club over any individual that passes through it.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 21 Aug 2013 19:54

winchester_royal
Woodcote Royal I'm in that camp, too, but have grown increasingly pig sick of the Winchester/IR brigade defending their position by making allowances for Adkins that they never afforded to McDermott.

You really are a cretin. Look back over the last 3 years, particularly when McD was first appointed (to the opposition of quite a few) and see who was supporting Brian. In fact my 'location' was 'Backing Brian' for at least 2 and a half years.

I'm an RTG, I prefer to be positive about what's happening at my club, and if they choose to bring in a new manager then I'm going to support that decision. I h8 going into a football ground with a negative mindset, so I choose to support the club over any individual that passes through it.

Whilst you are not very bright and clearly lack a real life given the amount of time you spend on here.

Whatever support you once gave McDermott disappeared long before you crawled up Adkin's backside.

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 21 Aug 2013 20:06

Woodcote Royal
Vision
tmesis

Spot on!

+1.

Adkins can do no wrong.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 21 Aug 2013 20:39

Considering the amount of time Adkins has been in place, the position we were in when he took over, the degree of change he has to make and the amount he has already made, I'm interested to know what allowances Adkins has been made that McDermott wasn't afforded.

The most ridiculous thing I've read on here recently is Woodcote laying into the manager for a bunch of pre-season performances and not far off calling for his because of them! Wind up merchant or not it beggars belief.

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 21 Aug 2013 20:45

He hasn't bought a striker yet. If this was McDermott in charge he would be on the way out according to the haters on here.

The defence is leaking goals left, right and centre.

3714 posts