77%

Total votes: 332
Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Di Canio a few things you all should know by a Swindon f

by Royal Lady » 11 Mar 2013 20:29

royalexile
Royal Lady However, it would be good to join STAR just to see his antics at a Fan's Forum, if he ever turned up....

Can i ruck up is Lederhosen, greased down side parting and a silly walk.

I'm going as that blonde German woman from Allo Allo...

Ouroboros
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Why are you all so obssessed with the Paulo facist issue

by Ouroboros » 11 Mar 2013 20:30

"Having a personality"

Oh Royalee, you bellend.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 11 Mar 2013 20:30

Royalee Because most of our fans are stupid and wanted the current Liverpool manager out for being a bit of a dick and trying his best to relegate us

St Pauli
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Fans' Verdict - Di Canio?

by St Pauli » 11 Mar 2013 20:31

yuuichi yes please

@royal lady. He's not racist, he's just an old fashioned eccentric italian. Racist is too vague a word here in the UK. If he was really racist, then he wouldn't have any black players playing for him.

You're right. No one racist has ever accepted a black person working for them.

It's a no from me...

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 11 Mar 2013 20:31

bigdon You are a football club choosing a manager. Its nothing to do with politics this is not a general election.

Thanks.

mr_number
Hob Nob Regular

by mr_number » 11 Mar 2013 20:32

bigdon You are a football club choosing a manager. Its nothing to do with politics this is not a general election.

Hi Paulo. Please don't come near our club. Thanks!

MELKSHAM HOOPS

Re: Fans' Verdict - Di Canio?

by MELKSHAM HOOPS » 11 Mar 2013 20:34

A BIG YES from me. its what the team needs. a kick up the arse... and PDC is the man to do that.

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 11 Mar 2013 20:34

mr_number

Hi Paulo. Please don't come near our club. Thanks!

He was sat in the stands on Saturday, you can`t get much closer than that

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 11 Mar 2013 20:35

In my case it's because my grandfather fought against the Italian fascists in the Second World War and in his memory I'm not going to actively support a team led by one. I'm not saying everyone should hold that view and certainly wouldn't urge them to have the same view, just a personal standpoint.

parky
Hob Nob Regular

by parky » 11 Mar 2013 20:36

Ouroboros "Having a personality"

Oh Royalee, you bellend.

:lol:

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 11 Mar 2013 20:37

Norfolk Royal In my case it's because my grandfather fought against the Italian fascists in the Second World War and in his memory I'm not going to actively support a team led by one. I'm not saying everyone should hold that view and certainly wouldn't urge them to have the same view, just a personal standpoint.

And one I fully understand.

Rusty royal

by Rusty royal » 11 Mar 2013 20:38

windermere_royal
He was sat in the stands on Saturday, you can`t get much closer than that

So was Ian Branfoot :wink: :D

peterroyal76
Hob Nob Regular
Location: North stand B13.......where all the empty seats are!

by peterroyal76 » 11 Mar 2013 20:38

And why are you obsessed with our club?

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 11 Mar 2013 20:39

Royalee Because most of our fans are astute enough and wanted the current Liverpool manager out for having a huge oxf*rd ego and trying to change the ethos of our underachieving club. For some reason flailing around the relegation zone at the time seemed quite a bright prospect..

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 11 Mar 2013 20:39

I dont want him in, not for more than 9 games anyway

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 11 Mar 2013 20:40

Why are you all so obssessed with the Paulo facist issue?

I don't like people who are prejudiced against faces

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 11 Mar 2013 20:41

royalexile
Royalee Because most of our fans are astute enough and wanted the current Liverpool manager out for having a huge oxf*rd ego and trying to change the ethos of our underachieving club. For some reason flailing around the relegation zone at the time seemed quite a bright prospect..

The second half of the previous season saw us with relegation form and at the time of Rodgers' sacking we weren't actually in the drop zone, but don't let that get in the way of a flawed argument uneloquently put.

joeroyal

Re: Di Canio a few things you all should know by a Swindon f

by joeroyal » 11 Mar 2013 20:41

bigdon Hello my Reading Chums looks like Paolo is going to get the gig enjoy the ride. Here are a few things you should know to help you get on with your new boss.

1. Training for your players will be hard and I mean hard. Think SAS selection process.

2. If you have any big time charlie type players they are finished. Its Paolos way of your out (Or fascism as its otherwise known).

3. Paolo is basically an exact clone of the London Gangster Frankie Frazer 40 years ago.

4. Paulo has a team of about 6 people who will have varies jobs and titles their only use or importance is to manage Paolo. The most important of these people is Phil Spencer. Without Phil spencer there is no Paolo. Phil spencer will be the most important person at your club. You may not believe this now but you will find out why soon enough.

5. Paolo will think he is bigger than your club.

6. When Paolo is quiet be afraid be very afraid. If Paolo has a rant/meltdown which is about probably around 1 in every 3 games this is good it is very good it means next game you will always get a result.

7. Paolo is more passionate than your most passionate fan(might not be for very long though).

8.Paulo does tend to say f*ck quite a lot in interviews. Generally our local radio reporters tended to let it go but this could cause problems on match of the day etc.

9. Paulo will spend and spend big. Dont be surprised if he signs someone for 10 million on a monday then by wedensday says "Well he isnt as good as i thought he was" and then blames it on the player. Paolo would also spend 10 million on a player and deliberately keep him on the bench for 5 weeks to show him who is boss.

10. The Fascism thing really wont be an issue. Lets be honest If you get a draw at Old Trafford or the emirites you will all be following the fascist. I mean that as a fickle football fan and in the nicest possible way.

Welcome to management by hand grenade.

That's just what we need get some aggression in the side, the ones that cant run ship them out (and there's a few of them) for to long to long now there has been a very cosy atmosphere where the old guard was happy with the cosy untouchable world they lived in guaranteed shirt on the peg yes bri no bri three bags full bri I for one hope that the madman comes here and blows it all up and starts again preferably with players that are mobile and can pass the ball.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 11 Mar 2013 20:41

maffff
Royalee Because most of our fans are stupid and wanted the current Liverpool manager out for being a bit of a dick and trying his best to relegate us. I however loved him and spent many a happy evening behind the bushes outside his house with my binoculars and a bottle of baby oil vvanking myself silly over his big book of tactics

yuomi

by yuomi » 11 Mar 2013 20:42

Royalee Because most of our fans are stupid and wanted the current Liverpool manager out for having a personality and trying to change the ethos of our underachieving club.

You remind me of those Japanese soldiers left over on Pacific islands after the war...

302 posts