Thank YOU - Dolan - Thank YOU - Anton

AirRaidSiren
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Thank YOU - Dolan - Thank YOU - Anton

by AirRaidSiren » 16 Mar 2013 20:30

jimstaaa Your joking right?

The sacking of Brian was disgusting, he was the guy who brought us up!! He has done well considering what he has been given this season i.e not a lot of money.

This 1 goal defeat was EXACTLY the same as the two other game verses United that Brian was in charge off...

Wake up :roll:

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 16 Mar 2013 20:33

good performance today but i dont want to lose him from the academy.

Royal91
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal91 » 16 Mar 2013 20:35

That was the best passing football we've seen this season, yes we lacked bite up top but it was against one of the best teams in the world. Get the Pog back up front, play the ball into his feet and we can potentially watch some enjoyable football for the next 8 games.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 16 Mar 2013 20:36

Victor Meldrew
P!ssed Off +1.

McDermott couldn't get Leigertwood playing decent football all season, and Lwood was one of McDermott's key players!
Dolan managed to get Leigertwood back to his best in just one game, against the best team in the League!

The same Lege who let Ferdinand stroll past him to set up the goal?

This is true, I did notice this.
I also kept a firm eye on Leigertwood all day writing down stats on passing, tackling and first touch.

It's clear to me that Leigertwood's best role is deep lying playmaker as he played today. This role places more emphasis on passing and retaining possession. McDermott (clearly mistakenly) played Leigertwood all season as a ball-winning midfielder. Obviously from Ferdinand getting past Leigertwood we can see that he is too immobile and unable to play in this role. The fact that Ferdinand got past him so easily proves, in my opinion that McDermott was playing him in the wrong role all season.

Today Leigertwood was very influential when we had the ball in defence and midfield.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 16 Mar 2013 20:38

what we did today was exactly what ive been banging on about and getting stick for. but still think dolan should stay in charge of the academy. lets get adkins in.

rhroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by rhroyal » 16 Mar 2013 20:41

As I just said on another thread, it's actually easier to play relatively well away at the league leaders, as there is no pressure on you.

You could see the players were relaxed today, but Man Utd's gulf in class showed in the way that we never troubled them except a single 20 yard effort.

The test is bringing this composure to games of higher pressure, against the likes of QPR, Soton, Norwich and Fulham if we are to finish the season respectably. This must be the target, so that if we come back up we are better equipped to control the ball like we did today in high stakes games.

Any improvement will be too late to save us this season, but make some steps in the right direction and pick up where we left off to sweep the Championship aside. Lets not get ahead of ourselves on the basis of a match where nobody had anything to lose though.

Divvy

by Divvy » 16 Mar 2013 20:46

ZacNaloen good performance today but i dont want to lose him from the academy.

Exactly this! Doing far too good a job. The academy is starting to rival the likes of Saints and Palace, and Dolan is vital to keep that progressing.

Adkins please!!

jimstaaa

by jimstaaa » 16 Mar 2013 20:47

P!ssed Off

The sacking of Brian was disgusting, he was the guy who brought us up!! He has done well considering what he has been given this season i.e not a lot of money.

This 1 goal defeat was EXACTLY the same as the two other game verses United that Brian was in charge off...

The sacking of McDermott was a standard sacking whether in football or any other walk in life, he was underperforming and shown the exit door. Deal with it.

As for your analysis of this result versus previous games against United are you really unable to delve no further than scoreline??

Compared to the FA Cup match: our defence this time was much more solid against a stronger attack. Our midfield was 20 times better this time, probably only made about 20 successful passes in the FA Cup match. Our attack performance in this match was pretty much the same as before, we created barely anything in either but took 1 good chance in the FA cup match.

I would much rather lose a game where we actually test the keeper and score, than like today where we only concede one and dont score..... So your telling me the 3-4 at the MAdejski wasnt a much better game to watch?

rhroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by rhroyal » 16 Mar 2013 20:52

Divvy
ZacNaloen good performance today but i dont want to lose him from the academy.

Exactly this! Doing far too good a job. The academy is starting to rival the likes of Saints and Palace, and Dolan is vital to keep that progressing.

Adkins please!!

This is a ridiculous argument.

He has been working with other coaches in the academy who can maintain continuity. And if our reputation has grown (which it certainly has for developing youngsters), we should have no doubts over our ability to attract an top coach to replace Eamon if he moves on from his academy role.

If Hammond, AZ and SJM consider Dolan good enough to manage the first team, they should go ahead and appoint him.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 16 Mar 2013 21:02

jimstaaa
P!ssed Off

The sacking of McDermott was a standard sacking whether in football or any other walk in life, he was underperforming and shown the exit door. Deal with it.

As for your analysis of this result versus previous games against United are you really unable to delve no further than scoreline??

Compared to the FA Cup match: our defence this time was much more solid against a stronger attack. Our midfield was 20 times better this time, probably only made about 20 successful passes in the FA Cup match. Our attack performance in this match was pretty much the same as before, we created barely anything in either but took 1 good chance in the FA cup match.

I would much rather lose a game where we actually test the keeper and score, than like today where we only concede one and dont score..... So your telling me the 3-4 at the MAdejski wasnt a much better game to watch?

You've picked the one game, of part of a 7 game losing streak, that we looked anywhere near getting a result.
McDermott's style of play may have occasionally made for an interesting game of football but it has more than likely got us relegated.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 16 Mar 2013 21:04

Absolutely one of the most ridiculous threads this season.

Although couldn't read it because I blocked Thou Voice the troll ages ago and this reminds me why. The fact that this is written by a troll who purposefully writes ridiculous BS to get a response doesn't set off alarm bells and people start agreeing with this BS is the most worrying of all.

WHY GET RID OF A DECENT UP AND COMING MANAGER FOR ANOTHER? I have no probs with Brian going but only if we do something different.

Today, another 1-0 defeat in a match where we were completely dominated is no different to Brian's game at Old Traffiord.

Another 1-0 deficit to Man Utd.

At least last time we SCORED.

Maybe people need to learn that 1=1!!!!

Nothing different here, nothing to see, move along everyone. The only positive is Harte was dropped, thank God. Nt that it made a difference overall. Huff, puff, concede, get played off the park, lose. Yaaaaawn.

Sad Brian's gone but excited to get someone else in. Not take a step back with another possible Brian at best. Th only thing that will mitigate the strange decision is to get someone like Curbs/Adkins in.

FFS :evil:

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 16 Mar 2013 21:10

Ideal
P!ssed Off McDermott couldn't get Leigertwood playing decent football all season, and Lwood was one of McDermott's key players!
Dolan managed to get Leigertwood back to his best in just one game, against the best team in the League!

So it is beyond your realms of theorizing, that you might consider the fact that the players do put in ever so much more effort when faced with Man Utd, than they would when faced with Villa or Wigan? Just sliiiiiiightly easier to motivate yourself...
No, of course it was aaaaaalll because we sacked the manager.

What a load of rubbish.

No, Leigertwood has played crap all season apart from perhaps two games (West Ham home and Newcastle away).
He did not perform well against any of the top sides we have played this season apart from today so clearly, in his case, motivation when playing good opponents can be ruled out.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 16 Mar 2013 21:21

GET.

CURBISHLEY.

NOW.

Or failing that, Adkins would be ok.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 16 Mar 2013 21:24

2 world wars, 1 world cup Absolutely one of the most ridiculous threads this season.

Although couldn't read it because I blocked Thou Voice the troll ages ago and this reminds me why. The fact that this is written by a troll who purposefully writes ridiculous BS to get a response doesn't set off alarm bells and people start agreeing with this BS is the most worrying of all.

WHY GET RID OF A DECENT UP AND COMING MANAGER FOR ANOTHER? I have no probs with Brian going but only if we do something different.

Today, another 1-0 defeat in a match where we were completely dominated is no different to Brian's game at Old Traffiord.

Nothing different here, nothing to see, move along everyone. The only positive is Harte was dropped, thank God. Nt that it made a difference overall. Huff, puff, concede, get played off the park, lose. Yaaaaawn.

Sad Brian's gone but excited to get someone else in. Not take a step back with another possible Brian at best. Th only thing that will mitigate the strange decision is to get someone like Curbs/Adkins in.

Yep, agree with that

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 16 Mar 2013 21:40

2 world wars, 1 world cup Absolutely one of the most ridiculous threads this season.

Could you not detect a difference in the style of football being played by Reading?

We were not played off the park, that's just a bizarre thing to say. Yes, the difference in class was apparent at times, and yes we were toothless up front but we retained possession better than at any other time this season.

But I too have Thou Voice on ignore!

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 16 Mar 2013 21:45

Really couldn't make you lot up. Before the game you criticise him for his press conference, for speaking to Brian during the week and call him ''McDolan'' in the match thread. Then we play a few extra passes and he's a viable alternative for the job. Not suprising that the aptly named Divvy (that text you sent into bbcrb was a disgrace btw) and the special crew are lining up to agree with one of the biggest wum's on HNA?. You're all so easy to wum it's laughable.

somersetroyal

by somersetroyal » 16 Mar 2013 22:05

Com on people, are we really kidding ourselves that today was massive change from what we have seen all season, we went back to a 4-5-1 and sat deep and stopped utd playing, but we never had a shot on target. Brian should have gone earlier to have given a new manager a chance, it's all to late for this season but hopefully next year we can get back on track, let's just back the boys for the rest of the season but please realise that this is Brian's team and not get carried away with this massive improvement that some believe to have witnessed

Once were Biscuitmen

by Once were Biscuitmen » 16 Mar 2013 22:36

Ah Roger, what a surprise you and your assorted user names should surface to try and harvest some human misery.

Not.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 16 Mar 2013 22:45

Ascotexgunner we need experience to get out of the championship

You mean like all that experience Brian had?

Interesting thought that just popped into my head- Dolan and McDermott both selected Reading senior teams for the first time against Man United. McDermott selected the team at home in our last relegation season, picking Cissé at centre back.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 16 Mar 2013 23:57

Eammo IN. Love him already.