Carrico Watch

672 posts
Elm Park Pasty

Re: Carrico Watch

by Elm Park Pasty » 16 Jul 2013 08:15

Unbelievable Jeff it does make you wonder why he is leaving on loan to a top Spanish side, came from a top Portuguese side and couldn't get a game for us....strange move

That's what disappoints me. To turn round and say after 1 half and a couple of sub appearances that someone is crap is ludicrous, at least leave it five full games for a decision (unless of course he is another distant cousin of George Weah). I'm afraid you can't be a first teamer at Sporting Lisbon (ignoring this season) and then move to Sevilla (who supposedly wanted him in the first place) and yet some lead us to believe he is shite. I am not saying he is Maradona and Iniesta, but why is he moving to Sevilla in La Liga and not Real Mallorca or Las Palmas in Segunda Division, or one of the teams that came up to La Liga??? Someone seems to think he is good, even if some of the people on here don't.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 16 Jul 2013 08:22

Well I just hope that Hammond has managed to negotiate a substantial loan fee and that it more than recoups the various agent's/signing on fees etc. that McDermott wasted when he signed Carrico.

This guy's signing was further confirmation that poor old Brian really had started to lose the plot by the start of this year.

mickeyc9

by mickeyc9 » 16 Jul 2013 08:25

When do mature players ever come back after being out on loan? No he is definitely gone for good. I agree with other posters, that it seems he was never given a chance to play when fit/

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 16 Jul 2013 08:32

No one here knows whether Carrico would have been decent or not. You'd suspect that he would be given his background but that's no guarantee. Those at the club would have had some idea but still, the training pitch can only tell you so much.

I expect that if the choice was completely ours we would have kept him. Obviously Carrico didn't want to stay.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 16 Jul 2013 08:56

Elm Park Pasty
Unbelievable Jeff it does make you wonder why he is leaving on loan to a top Spanish side, came from a top Portuguese side and couldn't get a game for us....strange move

That's what disappoints me. To turn round and say after 1 half and a couple of sub appearances that someone is crap is ludicrous, at least leave it five full games for a decision (unless of course he is another distant cousin of George Weah). I'm afraid you can't be a first teamer at Sporting Lisbon (ignoring this season) and then move to Sevilla (who supposedly wanted him in the first place) and yet some lead us to believe he is shite. I am not saying he is Maradona and Iniesta, but why is he moving to Sevilla in La Liga and not Real Mallorca or Las Palmas in Segunda Division, or one of the teams that came up to La Liga??? Someone seems to think he is good, even if some of the people on here don't.

Maybe Anton's dad has some laundry that needed doing?

URZZZZZ

by URZZZZZ » 16 Jul 2013 10:16

Reading have confirmed that Daniel Carrico has arrived in Spain to undergo a medical ahead of completing a loan move to Sevilla.

Poontless

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 16 Jul 2013 10:19

Lolz all round if he fails the medical ;)

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 16 Jul 2013 10:24

What an utter shambles. I hope the club release some more information about this retarded situation.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 16 Jul 2013 10:27

Elm Park Pasty

That's what disappoints me. To turn round and say after 1 half and a couple of sub appearances that someone is crap is ludicrous, at least leave it five full games for a decision (unless of course he is another distant cousin of George Weah). I'm afraid you can't be a first teamer at Sporting Lisbon (ignoring this season) and then move to Sevilla (who supposedly wanted him in the first place) and yet some lead us to believe he is shite.

It's almost like different teams and leagues require different things from players isn't it? When we signed Cisse (the last tough tackling all action midfielder we brought over from Portugal) he was amazed at the step up in physical requirements and the intensity of the football over here. Could just be that Carrico, much like Cisse, couldn't quite adjust to that sufficiently.

Lets wait and see how he gets on at Seville shall we? I don't think they're the biggest spenders in the world so I'm guessing that they see him, like us, as a bit of a cheap gamble on a player who could be quite good.

I've always thought there was a bit more behind his non-playing at Sporting than just his contract wrangle and it's quite possible that physically he's lost it.

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 16 Jul 2013 11:20

The only way we might benefit is if the loan does not have a option to buy. If he has an awesome season with Sevilla we can bring him back or sell him for a big fee.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 16 Jul 2013 11:24

LoyalRoyal22 The only way we might benefit is if the loan does not have a option to buy. If he has an awesome season with Sevilla we can bring him back or sell him for a big fee.

The way we benefit is we clear a player who isn't likely to play much off the wage bill and it frees up space and money for a player who's more likely to play to be brought into the squad.

The savings on wages, plus what is probably going to be a nice little fee for the seasons loan is most likely a nice little earner for the club.

Alexander Litvinenko
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Winner - HNA? Music Quiz 2013. The Great Sounds of Polonium 210.

by Alexander Litvinenko » 16 Jul 2013 11:55

Hoop Blah
LoyalRoyal22 The only way we might benefit is if the loan does not have a option to buy. If he has an awesome season with Sevilla we can bring him back or sell him for a big fee.

The way we benefit is we clear a player who isn't likely to play much off the wage bill and it frees up space and money for a player who's more likely to play to be brought into the squad.

The savings on wages, plus what is probably going to be a nice little fee for the seasons loan is most likely a nice little earner for the club.

Yep - it's effectively letting another club pay to get one of our players match fit and give him a season-long trial. We can't really lose on the deal.

ScottishRoyal

by ScottishRoyal » 16 Jul 2013 12:30

Alexander Litvinenko
Hoop Blah

Yep - it's effectively letting another club pay to get one of our players match fit and give him a season-long trial. We can't really lose on the deal.

From a financial point of view it certainly makes sense, however the obvious downside is that we are losing a player that could potentially have a very positive impact on the team this year. If you watch any of the pre-season videos you'll see he's involved, he also doesn't have his knee stapped up anymore so would appear to be fit.

I know an obvious retort will be 'we don't see what the coaching staff see, they know more than the fans'. Whilst of course this is true i'm also inclined to trust the judgement of the management at Sporting Lisbon and Sevilla who clearly rate the guy.

I don't think we'd be letting him go because of football reasons. I personally would assume he was brought in on Prem wages and we need to trim the wage bill this year.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 16 Jul 2013 14:08

Here's the Sevilla forum thread about him

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/ ... M8EnY8btYg

echocardiogram.

I understand from that thread that we brought in a struggle pig to replace a jiggle melon.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 16 Jul 2013 14:27

€750,000 (≈£650k) for a season long loan with an option to buy for €2,000,000 (≈£1.73m) if they want to make it permanent, not sure if that includes the loan fee in the €2m though. Could be up to £2.38m return for £600k outlay if it weren't, not bad going as it basically covers his cost and that of getting Williams in if it goes permanent, taking wages out of the occasion.

Player wants to leave as he doesn't want to play in the Championship, makes sense financially especially with Williams in. Doesn't look like the management particularly wanted him to go but he wants games before the world cup and in a higher profile league. If we go back up and Sevilla don't take the option to keep him then we have someone that might do a job and provide competition for Williams. If he flops and we stay down.... erm.

Their fans seem relatively underwhelmed by the signing in the main, typical Portuguese player hyped at youth and flattered to decieve.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 16 Jul 2013 14:35

ScottishRoyal
Alexander Litvinenko
Hoop Blah

From a financial point of view it certainly makes sense, however the obvious downside is that we are losing a player that could potentially have a very positive impact on the team this year. If you watch any of the pre-season videos you'll see he's involved, he also doesn't have his knee stapped up anymore so would appear to be fit.

I know an obvious retort will be 'we don't see what the coaching staff see, they know more than the fans'. Whilst of course this is true i'm also inclined to trust the judgement of the management at Sporting Lisbon and Sevilla who clearly rate the guy.

I don't think we'd be letting him go because of football reasons. I personally would assume he was brought in on Prem wages and we need to trim the wage bill this year.

HE DOESNT WANT TO PLAY IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP!

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 16 Jul 2013 14:39

Signing for us was a clever move, then.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 16 Jul 2013 14:42

He's pregnant?

That could explain his playing like a girl

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 16 Jul 2013 14:46

His penis is attached to a Speak & Spell? No wonder he had trouble moving.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 16 Jul 2013 14:48

Extended-Phenotype Signing for us was a clever move, then.

gave him the chance to play for half a season and possibly keep us up

672 posts