Carrico Watch

672 posts
Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Carrico Watch

by Hoop Blah » 16 Jul 2013 14:48

ScottishRoyal ...the obvious downside is that we are losing a player that could potentially have a very positive impact on the team this year.

After 6 months what evidence is there to suggest he'd have a positive effect on the team though? He's played a few cameo's but he wasn't included in the next game after any of those appearances so I just don't get the positivity over him. He's just not looked good enough for whatever reason.

ScottishRoyal ...I know an obvious retort will be 'we don't see what the coaching staff see, they know more than the fans'. Whilst of course this is true i'm also inclined to trust the judgement of the management at Sporting Lisbon and Sevilla who clearly rate the guy.

If Sevilla thought he was that good they'd probably stump up a deal to buy him outright and not just a loan deal. If Sporting thought he was that good they'd have sorted out his contract issues, or at least felt compelled to play him whilst he was there, if he was that good. Instead they let him rot in the reserves until someone came along willing to take a gamble on him not being the tainted good he appears to be.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 16 Jul 2013 14:51

looked a decent player- justshort of fitness, and didnt adjust to the prem in the hour or so he got to play

Alexander Litvinenko
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Winner - HNA? Music Quiz 2013. The Great Sounds of Polonium 210.

by Alexander Litvinenko » 16 Jul 2013 14:58

He was a gamble.

Low stake, possible high rewards - no complains at all with us taking the risk and signing him.

It didn't come off - but it still might, and it's hardly damaged us in any way or cost a lot.

Geekins
Hob Nob Regular

by Geekins » 16 Jul 2013 15:00

Drenthe posted a pic and a bit of a sad goodbye lyrics with him in. Sad he couldn't force him to stay as he seems like a player who could get others to stay on instead of seeking a move away.

ScottishRoyal

by ScottishRoyal » 16 Jul 2013 16:05

Sorry, double post
Last edited by ScottishRoyal on 16 Jul 2013 16:16, edited 1 time in total.

ScottishRoyal

by ScottishRoyal » 16 Jul 2013 16:07

Melonhead HE DOESNT WANT TO PLAY IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP!

Thanks, but I had noticed. Unfortunately that has been made pretty clear.

Hoop Blah
ScottishRoyal ...the obvious downside is that we are losing a player that could potentially have a very positive impact on the team this year.

After 6 months what evidence is there to suggest he'd have a positive effect on the team though? He's played a few cameo's but he wasn't included in the next game after any of those appearances so I just don't get the positivity over him. He's just not looked good enough for whatever reason.

He's been crocked most of that time. His first game for the club was also immediatley after he arrived when he was clearly incredibly unfit and playing him was clearly wrong. The positivity I have comes from a few bright moments in games and videos of training, he has touch and awareness that the majority of the squad do not.

Hoop Blah
ScottishRoyal ...I know an obvious retort will be 'we don't see what the coaching staff see, they know more than the fans'. Whilst of course this is true i'm also inclined to trust the judgement of the management at Sporting Lisbon and Sevilla who clearly rate the guy.

If Sevilla thought he was that good they'd probably stump up a deal to buy him outright and not just a loan deal. If Sporting thought he was that good they'd have sorted out his contract issues, or at least felt compelled to play him whilst he was there, if he was that good. Instead they let him rot in the reserves until someone came along willing to take a gamble on him not being the tainted good he appears to be.

To be fair he has just spent the last season injured and / or not utilised, a loan with buy option is the obvious option for sevilla to take. Sporting clearly rated him, they made him club captain aged 23! If you recall last season we had precisely the same scenario with our highly rated 23 year old club captain too, and we hardly sorted out his contract issues either. Pearce may not have featured but it wasn't because he was sent to 'rot in the reserves until someone came along willing to take a gamble on him'. Just because he didn't feature at Sporting doensn't neccessarily mean thay were happy for him to leave.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 16 Jul 2013 17:12

He hasn't been crocked most of that time. He's been training and involved but he's just not been up to making the first team.

His problems may be physical, but from what I've seen and read it's not been a current injury that's kept him out, it's just been an inability to get fit and adjust physically to what is needed. My guess is that Sporting already knew that and that was one cause of his non-selection/contract wrangle.

The comparison with Pearce just goes to show how we still played him quite a bit and sorted out his contract because we wanted him. Sporting probably didn't want to stretch to whatever Carrico was after, perhaps because they had reservations about his long term future. Being made Captain of Sporting was likely to be more a measure of his long association with them rather than anything else. HNA has been far too hung up on his captain tag.

As for his glimpses of ability. I don't think he did much to suggest he was better than the rest once Adkins had them playing with a bit more freedom and composure.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 16 Jul 2013 18:42

He's dead to me.

peterroyal76
Hob Nob Regular
Location: North stand B13.......where all the empty seats are!

by peterroyal76 » 16 Jul 2013 19:26

Ian Royal :| Getting something wrong doesn't automatically make someone incompetent. Do you have to put much effort into being this dense and contrary, or does it come naturally?

No,I've been studying you and picking up tips.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 16 Jul 2013 19:38

peterroyal76
Ian Royal :| Getting something wrong doesn't automatically make someone incompetent. Do you have to put much effort into being this dense and contrary, or does it come naturally?

Well the pupil has most certainly become the master now.

peterroyal76
Hob Nob Regular
Location: North stand B13.......where all the empty seats are!

by peterroyal76 » 16 Jul 2013 19:40

Ian Royal
peterroyal76

:wink:

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 16 Jul 2013 21:04

Medical passed, loan signed, trained with Sevilla today and might even feature in their friendly.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 16 Jul 2013 21:05

peterroyal76
Ian Royal
peterroyal76

:wink:

:P

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 17 Jul 2013 13:02

I miss his beautiful hair now..

Geekins
Hob Nob Regular

by Geekins » 17 Jul 2013 13:24

Sounds like it's a loan because he wants to be in the PL. Reading probably given the option of going to a decent team then he can choose between Sevilla or Reading if we go up.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 17 Jul 2013 14:07

Nice. So the c/nt waits for all the hard work to be done and then waltzes back into team once we are back in the top flight.

Oh well no hard feelings, hope he dies in an embarrassing wanking accident.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 18 Jul 2013 22:50

Geekins Sounds like it's a loan because he wants to be in the PL. Reading probably given the option of going to a decent team then he can choose between Sevilla or Reading if we go up.

Will be made perm at end of season, least we have made profit just from loan alone!!

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 18 Jul 2013 22:51

Extended-Phenotype Nice. So the c/nt waits for all the hard work to be done and then waltzes back into team once we are back in the top flight.

Oh well no hard feelings, hope he dies in an embarrassing wanking accident.

How would that happen? I'd like to hear (read) a detailed account of such a tragedy from you EP.

royalZILLAAA

by royalZILLAAA » 19 Jul 2013 08:58

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 02 Aug 2013 15:49

Scored for Sevilla last night in the Europa League

Yeh sounds well shit and unfit :roll:

Daniel Carrico > RFC

672 posts