Norwich (A) Match Thread - Sponsored by another loss

338 posts
Ouroboros
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Norwich (A) Match Thread - Sponsored by another loss

by Ouroboros » 20 Apr 2013 18:25

WAZZOCK I hope you mongs who were up in arms at us being linked with Di Canio are happy now.

Even McDermott beat Newcastle away and Everton at home FFS.

old woman

by old woman » 20 Apr 2013 18:34

P!ssed Off
WAZZOCK I hope you mongs who were up in arms at us being linked with Di Canio are happy now.

I'd rather be on the losing side than be on the side of a fascist.

So would I.

And Sunderland spent a lot of money on their team as well.

BraisingsteakRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by BraisingsteakRoyal » 20 Apr 2013 18:48

Andrew1957 - making twattish comments on every single thread.

Embarrassing.

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 20 Apr 2013 19:45

RoyalBlue
andrew1957 Thank God we sacked Brian.

His substitutions were criticised. Now we don't have to worry about that becuase Adkins does not make any.

Think how bad things would be if we had not sacked Brian. We might only have 23 points.

Idiotic argument. At least we are seeing some decent football now and are clearly starting to prepare well for next season. McDermott was a spent force and, with hindsight, should have gone earlier. Sadly, he will not survive long at Leeds. Had we kept him, we would have plummeted down and been in an appalling shape for the start of next season.

Each of these comments is an absolute gem. I really don't know which one is my favourite. I think it's the second one..."At least we are seeing some decent football now and are clearly starting to prepare well for next season."

They're comedy gold. Actually "gold" doesn't do them justice. It's like The Office, Dad's Army and Fawlty Towers all rolled into one. Brilliant, absolutely brilliant. Honestly.

AirRaidSiren
Hob Nob Regular

by AirRaidSiren » 20 Apr 2013 19:48

His substitutions were criticised. Now we don't have to worry about that becuase Adkins does not make any.

Think how bad things would be if we had not sacked Brian. We might only have 23 points.

You're up there with Ideal, Sandman and Caskey's lovechild as the biggest plebs on HNA.

You really are a sandwich short of a picnic :roll:

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 20 Apr 2013 19:51

RedRum Tim and Adie really p*ssing me off

They're only feckin pundits' comments. Actions speak louder than words. Speaking of which, how have the actions been the last few weeks? Picked up any points? Scored any goals? Made any good substitutions? Ok, I accept that last one is scraping the barrel but I'm trying to be positive in this brave new world under Blingy Zingy.

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 20 Apr 2013 19:59

Man Friday
RedRum Tim and Adie really p*ssing me off

They're only feckin pundits' comments. Actions speak louder than words. Speaking of which, how have the actions been the last few weeks? Picked up any points? Scored any goals? Made any good substitutions? Ok, I accept that last one is scraping the barrel but I'm trying to be positive in this brave new world under Blingy Zingy.

Have you considered supporting Leeds, because it was a whole lot better with our previous manager wasn`t it?

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 20 Apr 2013 20:02

Yes it was, quite a bit better. We scraped together some points and scored some goals. But perhaps that's not what it's about.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 20 Apr 2013 20:06

Man Friday Yes it was, quite a bit better. We scraped together some points and scored some goals. But perhaps that's not what it's about.

McDermott v Arsenal: 2-5
McDermott V Saints: 0-1
McDermott V Liverpool: 0-1
McDermott V Nowich: 0-0

Adkins V Arsenal: 1-4
Adkins V Saints: 0-3
Adkins V Liverpool: 0-0
Adkins V Norwich: 1-2

McDermott: 1 point, 2 goals; Adkins: 1 point, 2 goals

Now given that this is McDermott's team, and these were Adkins' first 4 games, would you care to revise your original statement?

Esteban

by Esteban » 20 Apr 2013 20:45

Man Friday Yes it was, quite a bit better. We scraped together some points and scored some goals. But perhaps that's not what it's about.

If you have serious reservations about Adkins based on the four games so far, then fair enough. But if you're judging him on the basis that he didn't make any substitutions in one game, then you may wish to gently remove your tampon and calm down, petal.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 20 Apr 2013 20:51

Esteban

If you have serious reservations about Adkins based on the four games so far, then fair enough. But if you're judging him on the basis that he didn't make any substitutions in one game, then you may wish to gently remove your tampon and calm down, petal.

Anyone who has serious reservations about any manager who's come into a club with the weakest squad of the division and is only 4 games into his tenure needs a serious bout of oestrogen removal IMHO

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 20 Apr 2013 21:46

P!ssed Off

Don't worry. If Adkins gives that type of performance 30 games in a row I'm sure he'll be sacked too.

Although again we played better football than we've really seen under McDermott this season, for significant portions of the game.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 20 Apr 2013 21:48

Yes thanks.

ScottishRoyal

by ScottishRoyal » 20 Apr 2013 22:06

P!ssed Off
RoyalBlue Used to like Dellor but he really is coming out with a series of clueless arguments today. :twisted:

Dellor is a crap journalist.
Got Rodgers sacked, then refused to hold McDermott to account and whinged when he got the sack.
After Adkins slapped him down in the Saints post-match interview, it is unlikely that we can expect any unbiased interviewing/commentating for the foreseeable future.

He's not that bad, he's passionate about the club and, like everyone on here, has his own opinions. And as barmy as some of his comments are, they're not half as uninformed as a lot of the vitriol spouted on here.

As far as the unbiased comment goes, he's on local radio, what do you expect?!

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 21 Apr 2013 00:10

winchester_royal
Esteban

Anyone who has serious reservations about a very successful championship-winning manager who's been sacked because he had the weakest squad of the division because he wasn't given sufficient funds needs a serious bout of oestrogen removal IMHO

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 21 Apr 2013 08:52

The 'insufficient funds' that he spent on the likes of Gunter (no better than what we had), Carrico (completely unfit), Guthrie (who he then didn't play), and Blackman (no better than what we had)?

If you don't agree with the decision then fine, many will have felt it was harsh, but given we have a new manager and he's moved on to another job don't you think it's time you started supporting NA rather than jumping on the world's most boring bandwagon every time we get a negative result?

jellytot

by jellytot » 21 Apr 2013 09:54

A lot of stupid ignorant comments being made here. Yes the result was disappointing, but for me we have more of the ball than Norwich which must be a first this season. If we had players in the final third that were more clinical we would have won. We are powder puff at the back which is something we must work on.

We are improving. This season is a right off and has been from the beginning. I like the way that NA is giving most of the players a chance to shine. Some players just are not comfortable on the ball. I cannot see them staying. I really believe that we will challenge next season. Much prefer us to pass the ball. 9 points from the first half of the season was a disgrace.

Anyway, at least we all have a trip to Bournemouth to look forward to. Maybe Brentford too. Hope Wigan go down.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 21 Apr 2013 15:08

Methinks NA knew the game was up when he took the job so he's airing players he's not sure about to help him make up his mind and thus omitting players who might otherwise get a game.

Expect another 2/3 changes for the QPR game next week. If we can win that one we can officially relegate them (assuming Villa don't get to us both first)!

338 posts