Jay Tabb - and welcome back!

ITFC_Keane

Jay Tabb - and welcome back!

by ITFC_Keane » 06 Jun 2013 20:53

Hi folks

Good to be back on here. Haven't been on while you were in the Prem, 'cos the last person you'd wanna see on here is another Championship fan... :oops:

I'm glad Jay Tabb has signed for us, because he seemed to fit the Mick McCarthy way last season. I'm a lot more hopeful than I was that we'll finally break into the top 10 this season, especially as Mick seems to know what/who/how he wants to play.

I enjoyed Reading in the Prem last season. Genuinely gave it a good go, and for a few weeks there you were on fire! Goals and drama in every game, and apart from staying up, you can't ask for more.

How do you rate your chances next season? I personally think you'll be top two with Wigan. The parachute payments and the fact you seem to be keeping the majority of the squad bodes well. The league hasn't improved while you've been away alas. If anything, the bottom clubs are catching up with the ones who've been here for eons, like us. Still, for drama, passion and hoofball, you can't beat it.

Best of luck!

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Jay Tabb - and welcome back!

by SLAMMED » 06 Jun 2013 21:06

Shit I read that as "Jay Tabb - Welcome Back" :shock:

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 06 Jun 2013 21:23

ITFC_Keane Hi folks

Good to be back on here. Haven't been on while you were in the Prem, 'cos the last person you'd wanna see on here is another Championship fan... :oops:

I'm glad Jay Tabb has signed for us, because he seemed to fit the Mick McCarthy way last season. I'm a lot more hopeful than I was that we'll finally break into the top 10 this season, especially as Mick seems to know what/who/how he wants to play.

I enjoyed Reading in the Prem last season. Genuinely gave it a good go, and for a few weeks there you were on fire! Goals and drama in every game, and apart from staying up, you can't ask for more.

How do you rate your chances next season? I personally think you'll be top two with Wigan. The parachute payments and the fact you seem to be keeping the majority of the squad bodes well. The league hasn't improved while you've been away alas. If anything, the bottom clubs are catching up with the ones who've been here for eons, like us. Still, for drama, passion and hoofball, you can't beat it.

Best of luck!

Well done for signing Jay Tabb - a model professional! Never thought he was quite good enough for us, but will always give you 100% and was never one to moan for not playing. Will get a very good welcome when we play you guys next season.

How well will do will depend on what happens over the summer - who comes and who goes. I think everyone is excited by the new style of football promised by NA ... just depends on how quickly he can stamp his design on the team in terms of players etc. Bit question mark is whether we'll go it the Reading way or start spending a bit more freely. My preference is to not go overboard but hope to see 2 or 3 really decent signings and not the usual League 2 hopefuls.

Albert Spangler
Hob Nob Regular

by Albert Spangler » 06 Jun 2013 22:11

We're big Jay Tabb fans in Chez Spangler. Good luck to him at Ipswich.

Badger Finger
Hob Nob Regular

by Badger Finger » 07 Jun 2013 13:05

I liked Jay Tabb.

More of a human pinball than an actual footballer though...

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 07 Jun 2013 13:26

I'm one of the few Royals who's seen him score a hatrick for us.

Tilehurstsouthbank
Hob Nob Regular

by Tilehurstsouthbank » 07 Jun 2013 13:50

Glad he's found himself a club where he gets regular football. One of the nicest guys in the game and a 'Model Pro' to echo previous comments.

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 07 Jun 2013 13:53

ITFC_Keane How do you rate your chances next season? I personally think you'll be top two with Wigan. The parachute payments and the fact you seem to be keeping the majority of the squad bodes well. The league hasn't improved while you've been away alas. If anything, the bottom clubs are catching up with the ones who've been here for eons, like us. Still, for drama, passion and hoofball, you can't beat it.

I really wouldn't write QPR off. Ok, they're in disarray at the moment but they have quality and money. At worse they will be the same as when West Ham went down.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 07 Jun 2013 19:01

Tilehurstsouthbank Glad he's found himself a club where he gets regular football. One of the nicest guys in the game and a 'Model Pro' to echo previous comments.
^ and I still believe, him and Hunty are what we need around next season...but never mind.

Think he holds the record at the New (and possibly Old) Wembley for being sent off without stepping pitchside....a passionate guy

Our loss

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 07 Jun 2013 19:26

ITFC_Keane The league hasn't improved while you've been away alas. If anything, the bottom clubs are catching up....

Interesting. My personal impression was that the compression had been from the top down, rather than the bottom up.

SWLR
Hob Nob Regular

by SWLR » 09 Jun 2013 19:17

A 'Jay Tabb is a nice bloke' story

Couple of seasons ago my son and a Brentford supporting friend went to see RFC at Charlton in an evening cup game, in which JT played.

Back at W'loo they were sat waiting for a train when Jay Tabb wonders by. He turns round and stops to chat to them, given they are wearing the shirts of a current and former team. Made their day.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 10 Jun 2013 17:59

Elm Park Kid
ITFC_Keane How do you rate your chances next season? I personally think you'll be top two with Wigan. The parachute payments and the fact you seem to be keeping the majority of the squad bodes well. The league hasn't improved while you've been away alas. If anything, the bottom clubs are catching up with the ones who've been here for eons, like us. Still, for drama, passion and hoofball, you can't beat it.

I really wouldn't write QPR off. Ok, they're in disarray at the moment but they have quality and money. At worse they will be the same as when West Ham went down.

:| based on what?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 10 Jun 2013 20:52

The same assumption that saw them think they wouldn't be in a relegation fight in either of the last two seasons?

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 10 Jun 2013 21:25

To the casual observer it looked like Ipswich improved a lot toward the end of last season. No shot at the p/os this time?

Pseud O'Nym
Hob Nob Regular

by Pseud O'Nym » 10 Jun 2013 21:49

Ian Royal The same assumption that saw them think they wouldn't be in a relegation fight in either of the last two seasons?

I was amused to see the table according to Mark Lawrenson's predictions would have had them finish in 7th. Presumably all based on how much they spent.

Libertine
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Connecticut...aka "The Fifth Ring of Hell" & Prediction League Champion 2015/2016

by Libertine » 12 Jun 2013 06:43

Maguire To the casual observer it looked like Ipswich improved a lot toward the end of last season. No shot at the p/os this time?

Actually I see them as a top half team next season. If there is one thing Mick has proven it is that he can get results at this level. Once he was appointed they went from possible relegation candidates to almost mid-table. I could be wrong, as I am more times than I care to admit :roll: , but I can see them, at times, being within striking distance of the top 6 in 2013/2014...

Libertine
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Connecticut...aka "The Fifth Ring of Hell" & Prediction League Champion 2015/2016

by Libertine » 12 Jun 2013 06:47

As for Tabb...

He is the one of the two players, though I understand why and agree with the decisions, I was sad to see go. Always gave everything he had when he got the chance and was a top flight professional. Ipswich got themselves a damn fine player. And I wish the best of luck to him, except when playing Reading. :wink:

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 12 Jun 2013 10:31

bound to score against us after going his whole time here without a competetive goal

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

JAY: OLD AND NEW TO CHALLENGE

by maffff » 18 Jun 2013 10:31

From the Ipswich Town O/S:

New Blue Tabby believes both Town and former side Reading will be in the hunt for promotion to the Premier League next season

Jay Tabb says that half the Championship clubs will believe they can win promotion next season.

The midfielder has agreed to join Town in a two year deal on July 1 as a free agent after leaving Reading and considers both his new club and his former one amongst the teams that will be hoping to feature in the leading pack.

“The Championship is a very competitive league and there will be a lot of clubs with high expectations,” Jay told the Club website.

“You are probably looking at 12 or so clubs who feel they can go up and obviously I’d like to think we are amongst them.

“We have a manager with a proven track record, a good set of players and there is a good feeling about the place.

“I’d expect my old club Reading to be up there competing as well. I had four great years there and they probably gave me the highlight of my career when we won the Championship and then going on to play in the Premier League.

“It didn’t work out for them in the end and relegation will be hard for the club to take but I’m sure they will bounce back and I’m looking forward to playing against them next season.”

Read more at http://www.itfc.co.uk/news/article/tabb ... m6UDTKy.99

Not often another teams O/S has more about a 'rival' to be challenging for promotion than their own side. Fair play to Tabby though, clearly no hard feelings.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: JAY: OLD AND NEW TO CHALLENGE

by melonhead » 18 Jun 2013 10:42

LOVE TABB