Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: CONFIRMED - Royston Drenthe

by M Brook » 21 Aug 2013 18:23

http://www.telegraaf.nl/telesport/voetb ... ing__.html

Wed 21 Aug 2013, 17:07
Fit Drenthe amazes Reading
From our Telesport Editorial

"It was a tough preparation, but I am now fit and feel good," says Royston Drenthe fixed after the first few weeks at his new club Reading. "I thank everyone who has worked very hard with me."

"Drenthe in the match against Bolton Wanderers walked 11 kilometers," Reading coach Nigel Adkins had previously said. "That's phenomenal and no one had expected that at the beginning of the preparation. He had to work hard, he did and he deserves credit."

Drenthe late on knowing it to have a good time and hope to be allowed to stay. Years at Reading

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 22 Aug 2013 09:30

melonhead
winchester_royal As long as :lo you don't have a heart made of steel then yes, yes you will.

He's my pos :lol: already

What about when Kebe returns?

The Goat was fed

by The Goat was fed » 22 Aug 2013 11:50

The thought of Kebe and Drenthe in the same side gives me a raging football boner.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 23 Aug 2013 10:24

Much-travelled winger Royston Drenthe insists he wants to settle at Reading.

The 26-year-old Dutchman, formerly of Feyenoord, Real Madrid, Everton and Alania Vladikavkaz, has impressed at the Madejski Stadium since manager Nigel Adkins snapped him up in the summer.

The Dutch international moved to the Royals in June from Russian club Alania Vladikavkaz, having played for four clubs in the past three years.

After living in the club hotel at the Madejski Stadium, the former Real Madrid winger has moved into a house and is happy in Berkshire.

Talking to the Reading Evening Post, the 26-year-old said: "I have a house and I don't have to stay at the stadium.

"I'm really happy to be here and I hope I can be here a long time."

He also says he is back to full fitness after being worked hard by Reading's coaching staff and manager Nigel Adkins.

"I have to thank the gaffer, I have to thank the coach and I have to thank everybody who is working around me," he said.

"They worked really hard with me. It was a really tough pre-season but I'm in really good shape now."

"I thank the gaffer, the coaches and everyone who has worked really hard with me," he said.

"It was really tough in pre-season but I'm in good shape and I feel really good. I said to my team-mates that I'm really happy to be here and I hope that I can be here for a long time."

Next up for Drenthe is a trip to Blackpool as the Royals look to maintain their unbeaten start to the campaign.

"Blackpool is the next game and we have to be confident," he added. "It will not be easy against them, they are on an up at the moment. We have to go there and prove ourselves."

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 16 Sep 2013 12:54

Royston you need to lose some weight. Work harder.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 16 Sep 2013 12:58

Tokyo Sex Whale Too much expectation on him IMO.

Yeah he once signed for Real Madrid and Everton, but if he was any good now he wouldn't be playing for us.

I'm learning to temper my expectations from a 35 yard run and a top corner 30 yard finish every time he gets the ball. I more expect an attempt at him taking on a man and losing it between his feet and am rarely disappointed.

+1 Hes not gonna be smashing a goal in every 10 minutes he plays! Expect less from a free transfer from Russia to the championship. He is a good player, not a world class player.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 16 Sep 2013 13:01

LoyalRoyal22 Royston you need to lose some weight. Work harder.

I've just said that on the Brighton BFTG thread. Definitely needs to lose a stone or two.

2007 posts