964 posts
P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Pogrebnyak

by P!ssed Off » 12 May 2014 15:34

Schards#2 IN for the world cup squad

'pparently

Only in the provisional 30 right now.
Surprising, my Russian mate said recently he was nowhere near the national team.

USA_Loyal_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by USA_Loyal_Royal » 12 May 2014 15:37

id love to see at least one reading player play in the world cup. i think danny williams and pog are our best shot...i dont think federici will be able to play cause he hasnt played but 3 matches this season...

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 12 May 2014 15:43

USA_Loyal_Royal id love to see at least one reading player play in the world cup. i think danny williams and pog are our best shot...i dont think federici will be able to play cause he hasnt played but 3 matches this season...

Loved watching little blind Bobby Convey a few years ago. Even went as far as buying the navy U S A change shirt to wear in the pub!

Libertine
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Connecticut...aka "The Fifth Ring of Hell" & Prediction League Champion 2015/2016

by Libertine » 12 May 2014 16:13

Congrats to our big fucking Russian! :D 8)

Hopefully he makes the most of the opportunity and gets a spot on the squad when it is cut to 23. I am also surprised by his inclusion in the provisional squad. Not because I don't think he deserves a spot but because he hadn't got near the team since Capello took over as head coach.

KC Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by KC Royal » 12 May 2014 16:19

P!ssed Off
Schards#2 IN for the world cup squad

'pparently

Only in the provisional 30 right now.
Surprising, my Russian mate said recently he was nowhere near the national team.

Yep, he wasn't expected to be in their 30 so it was a surprise to get club text at lunchtime that he was in. Can only assume someone else is injured.

Pleased for him, and it also raises the slim possibility that we may be able to sell him in the summer after all. I have warmed to him this season but we do need to cash in. He still may not make the 23 though...

soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

by soggy biscuit » 12 May 2014 16:20

I am hoping to hear 'GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAALLLLLL Pog'

Z175
Hob Nob Regular

by Z175 » 12 May 2014 16:32

Knowing Capello he probably thinks he scored 13 in the premierleague.

That said the South Korean and Algerian back 4 are similar to what he has faced this season.

I presume he will make the 23, Russia are playing 2 friendlies at home in build up, would be a bit odd to call their only overseas based player back to Russia for these if he doesn't make the cut, especially given his age means he hardly needs the experience.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 12 May 2014 16:44

Let's hope he has a fantastic world cup and sets off a bidding war amongst the top European clubs so that we can sell him for a huge fee.

But on the other hand............

SHORT AND CURLY

by SHORT AND CURLY » 12 May 2014 19:37

Kinell
I wont be putting any dosh on Russia if he's the best they've got.

Can only be good for us so we can get rid and get a proper striker in as a replacement

Handsome Man
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Practically Rock Paper Scissors Champion of the World

by Handsome Man » 12 May 2014 20:12

Congratufuckinglations Pav!

RG7Fan

by RG7Fan » 12 May 2014 21:40

andrew1957 Let's hope he has a fantastic world cup and sets off a bidding war amongst the top European clubs so that we can sell him for a huge fee.

But on the other hand............

As much as I like Pav he's too expensive for us, especially given the return.

Here's hoping he has a good WC and there is a bidding war. Knowing our luck he'll be sent off in the first game for diving and wont feature again leaving him worthless (although that might be a blessing if someone is happy to pick up his wages after a free transfer).

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 12 May 2014 21:41

Even if he is part of the squad he's not going to get much pitch time.

Cape Town Royal

by Cape Town Royal » 12 May 2014 22:47

I'm looking forward to hearing the Russian fans singing - "Big F**king Russian, we've got a big F**king Russian........."

billybraggsbeard

by billybraggsbeard » 13 May 2014 10:52

SHORT AND CURLY Kinell
I wont be putting any dosh on Russia if he's the best they've got.

Can only be good for us so we can get rid and get a proper striker in as a replacement

+ 1

Optimist

by Optimist » 13 May 2014 15:14

Forwards: Vladimir Bystrov (Anzhi Makhachkala), Alexander Kerzhakov (Zenit St Petersburg), Artem Dzyuba (Rostov), Alexei Ionov, Alexander Kokorin (both Dynamo Moscow), Maxim Kanunnikov (Amkar Perm), Pavel Pogrebnyak (Reading/ENG), Alexander Samedov (Lokomotiv Moscow)

Even for a provisional squad that's a lot of strikers! So unfortunately that's probably going to be the main area where numbers are cut. He does have more caps than Ionov, Kokorin, Kanunnikov and Samedov though so he should fancy his chances.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 13 May 2014 16:12

Optimist Forwards: Vladimir Bystrov (Anzhi Makhachkala), Alexander Kerzhakov (Zenit St Petersburg), Artem Dzyuba (Rostov), Alexei Ionov, Alexander Kokorin (both Dynamo Moscow), Maxim Kanunnikov (Amkar Perm), Pavel Pogrebnyak (Reading/ENG), Alexander Samedov (Lokomotiv Moscow)

Even for a provisional squad that's a lot of strikers! So unfortunately that's probably going to be the main area where numbers are cut. He does have more caps than Ionov, Kokorin, Kanunnikov and Samedov though so he should fancy his chances.

Which ones does Putin have a man-crush on the most? (in a non-gay, non-paedo way of course...)

under the tin

by under the tin » 13 May 2014 16:29

Uke
Optimist Forwards: Vladimir Bystrov (Anzhi Makhachkala), Alexander Kerzhakov (Zenit St Petersburg), Artem Dzyuba (Rostov), Alexei Ionov, Alexander Kokorin (both Dynamo Moscow), Maxim Kanunnikov (Amkar Perm), Pavel Pogrebnyak (Reading/ENG), Alexander Samedov (Lokomotiv Moscow)

Which ones does Putin have a man-crush on the most? (in a non-gay, non-paedo way of course...)

I heard it was Uke Crain

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 13 May 2014 16:56

I've never heard of any of those apart from Pog and several of those teams sound like they only exist on the internet. On that basis Inreckon Pog can start shopping for sun cream and flip flops....

akranes
Hob Nob Regular

by akranes » 13 May 2014 17:37

Nameless I've never heard of any of those apart from Pog and several of those teams sound like they only exist on the internet. On that basis Inreckon Pog can start shopping for sun cream and flip flops....

He has a decent chance. Kokorin and Kerzhakov will surely be ahead of him though.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 13 May 2014 20:32

It's a list of 'forwards' (open to interpretation) not 'strikers'.
Some of them are wingers: Bystrov, Samedov and Ionov

964 posts