Only if a freebie or bargain presents itself
12%

Total votes: 228
LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Speculation - Comparisons

by LoyalRoyal22 » 02 Aug 2013 23:10

FridaysGhost
Arnie_Pie Just be honest, say we should sign Rhodes, and own up to being The Seige (who is also a twat).

We should sign Rhodes - He would fire us to Promotion. Which bit of 'having a top Striker' don't you understand? On your other points, I was a watcher on this site before joining, I watched The Siege being honest and talking sense whilst a lot of you did neither - and a complete set of wasters simply used the site as another Facebook page. The fact that I also speak sense and am honest and do no use the site as a Facebook page does not make me someone else - although your replies do pin you down as a total ars*hole.

I support RFC, have done since childhood and was brought up to be well-educated and honest, A very few people on this site have looked sensibly at our team and have understood over the past couple of years, what our deficiencies are. Strangely, a lot of those people have now been deleted or have given up on the site. The Dross such as yourself, Melonhead, Mafff, etc. ad infinitum know sod-all but talk out of their bottoms in Facebook mode.

This should be a site for Reading fans - NOT for fans of their own verbal cr*p, a situation which currently persists!

Their will always be a few true fans, like myself, who speak on this site despite the 90% cr*p that the dimbleby's fill it up with. It will always be the same - If you do not like truth or reality, talk to the Facebook fans!

FridaysGhost

Re: Speculation - Comparisons

by FridaysGhost » 02 Aug 2013 23:34

LoyalRoyal22
FridaysGhost
Arnie_Pie Just be honest, say we should sign Rhodes, and own up to being The Seige (who is also a twat).

We should sign Rhodes - He would fire us to Promotion. Which bit of 'having a top Striker' don't you understand? On your other points, I was a watcher on this site before joining, I watched The Siege being honest and talking sense whilst a lot of you did neither - and a complete set of wasters simply used the site as another Facebook page. The fact that I also speak sense and am honest and do no use the site as a Facebook page does not make me someone else - although your replies do pin you down as a total ars*hole.

I support RFC, have done since childhood and was brought up to be well-educated and honest, A very few people on this site have looked sensibly at our team and have understood over the past couple of years, what our deficiencies are. Strangely, a lot of those people have now been deleted or have given up on the site. The Dross such as yourself, Melonhead, Mafff, etc. ad infinitum know sod-all but talk out of their bottoms in Facebook mode.

This should be a site for Reading fans - NOT for fans of their own verbal cr*p, a situation which currently persists!

Their will always be a few true fans, like myself, who speak on this site despite the 90% cr*p that the dimbleby's fill it up with. It will always be the same - If you do not like truth or reality, talk to the Facebook fans!

My thanks! If a few of the real supporters spoke up, this site might really take off. It's sad that the majority of immediate contributors are chums who talk rubbish and all back each other up. FREE HNA!

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Do we really need another striker?

by Avon Royal » 03 Aug 2013 08:29

NewCorkSeth Well.. the doomsayers on this certainly found their strangle hold and are refusing to let go.. Who other than (dare i say it) Rhodes and Austin and better goalscorers than ours? keep in mind our excellent conversion rate statistics last season and Le Fondre scoring 12 past mucho better defenses then the likes of Yeovil or Huddersfield We are one of the top teams in terms of striker prowess. TOP.

If our strikers are so shit hot then why haven't we been fending off bids all summer?

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 04 Aug 2013 01:16

Avon Royal
If our strikers are so shit hot then why haven't we been fending off bids all summer?

that wasnt my point.. and you skirted gracefully around my question "what other championship teams have better strikers than us?" the answer is very few! we among the top teams in the champ for every position.

If you split up the league into 3 groups -
*The top 8
*The middle 8
*The bottom 8
then we are in the top 8 for every position.
Our keepers, defenders, midfield and strikers are all in the top 8 teams in the Championship! If you can name 8 teams at our level with a better strike force than us then I will salute you sir however I am certain you can not. So not splashing out the big bucks for someone is not the end of the world. Wait till January and see :)

Delboy

Who will we sign

by Delboy » 04 Aug 2013 08:59

We all know and club admit we need another striker , but who will it be?
Crouch, Sharp, Kenwyne Jones, Vazquez Te or a foreigner what do you think.

Cureton's Volley
Hob Nob Regular

by Cureton's Volley » 04 Aug 2013 09:21

If we are to persist with this formation then Le Fondre is not the answer. If Adkins doesn't believe Pog is a better lone striker than Alf, then we might as well let him go now and give a youngster the bench time...

Personally, until we have a player who can play that role, why put square pegs in round holes? We'll play better with both Alf & Pog on the field.

Away from home, fine, give it the cautious approach, but at home who cares about fashionable formations? 4-4-2 has twice won us promotion from this league, once with 106 points. Until we have the right man up top it would still be the most effective shape. Note that 4-4-2 doesn't automatically equal shit hoofball, only if they play it that way.

Basingstoke Royal

by Basingstoke Royal » 04 Aug 2013 09:30

We should have signed Grant Holt. He is the type of player we need - someone who can hold the ball up . ALF is a good player but cannot play the lone striker role.

Kenwyne jones and crouch are good suggestions.

Roberts could also do a good job if he gets fit.

Any other ideas?

Cureton's Volley
Hob Nob Regular

by Cureton's Volley » 04 Aug 2013 09:45

Now that Austin has gone to QPR will they really be on the case of Crouch as was previously reported?

He certainly has the aerial ability, close control, and touches required to lay in the three charging up around him. He is then mobile and clinical enough to move in to finish if required. Would be the lynch pin we require in that important role...

Right now a fit Roberts is our best hope :|

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 04 Aug 2013 09:49

Basingstoke Royal

Huge IF

glass half full
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you see someone without a smile..... give him one of yours!

by glass half full » 04 Aug 2013 18:59

How is this for a suggestion?

Try Morrison up front for something different. It was as a result of his causing mayhem in the Ipswich defence that ALF was able to capitalise. I am fairly sure that he would be able to hold the ball up well.

Tommio

by Tommio » 04 Aug 2013 19:26

glass half full How is this for a suggestion?

Try Morrison up front for something different. It was as a result of his causing mayhem in the Ipswich defence that ALF was able to capitalise. I am fairly sure that he would be able to hold the ball up well.

I think that's a good shout.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 04 Aug 2013 19:27

Tommio
glass half full How is this for a suggestion?

I think that's a good shout.

I suggested this several times last season 8)

Hatty9

by Hatty9 » 04 Aug 2013 21:54

Just a thought around the loan system and that if im correct championship teams can still loan from a premiership team for a week after the transfer deadline? if thats the case perhaps we are waiting to see what the top teams do.

Southampton may be looking to sign someone else before they let Sharpe go.
Newcastle about to sign Remi and Gombis plus Cisse where will that leave Ameobi?
Stoke have been linked with several strikers and if that happens what about Crouch,Walters,Jones,Jerome?
and possibly Cardiff who already have 7 strikers in their squad including Nicky Maynard who although he has been out for nearly a season had a good record in the championship.

Royal91
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal91 » 04 Aug 2013 21:56

We need a hungry Pog.

Need a big striker that can link play and get on the end of crosses. But also maybe dip into the loan market for a fast striker who can play off the last man.

Royal91
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal91 » 04 Aug 2013 21:58

Basingstoke Royal We should have signed Grant Holt. He is the type of player we need - someone who can hold the ball up . ALF is a good player but cannot play the lone striker role.

Kenwyne jones and crouch are good suggestions.

Any other ideas?

Kenwyne Jones would be perfect. Probably out of our reach though!!

Royal Biscuitman
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal Biscuitman » 05 Aug 2013 17:43

We need to adapt our attacking play to the strikers we have - long/high balls to a short goal poacher like Le Fondre up front on his own are not going to get the best out of him.

Elm Park

by Elm Park » 05 Aug 2013 18:10

Basingstoke Royal We should have signed Grant Holt. He is the type of player we need - someone who can hold the ball up . ALF is a good player but cannot play the lone striker role.

He would never have signed for us. It is well documented that he wanted to move north to be back near family.

To quote:

The 32-year-old Cumbrian striker will be closer to his Carlisle-based family following the move north – and Holt admitted geography played a part in his Norfolk departure.

“It’s been emotional in two ways,” he said. “It’s a great move for me personally, a three-year deal at a club that wants to progress and get back into the Premier League.

“And obviously I think a lot of people know I have been hopefully trying to get further up north as I’ve got older and I’ve finally done that.

Yellowcoat

by Yellowcoat » 05 Aug 2013 18:32

Surely you do not expect all the usual moaners to believe that? Much easier to blame Anton or Nick for not signing him after all it is so simple on their computer games. A lot of people on here need to get real.

FridaysGhost

by FridaysGhost » 05 Aug 2013 20:39

Yellowcoat Surely you do not expect all the usual moaners to believe that? Much easier to blame Anton or Nick for not signing him after all it is so simple on their computer games. A lot of people on here need to get real.

For the Season that Anton says he wants and the Points total and Goals conceded targets that the Manager has detailed, let alone the simple sum of seven signings when we currently have three, we are currently four class signings short of the team that we need. Who do you want to blame?

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 05 Aug 2013 20:47

Yellowcoat Surely you do not expect all the usual moaners to believe that? Much easier to blame Anton or Nick for not signing him after all it is so simple on their computer games. A lot of people on here need to get real.

More interested to know who Anton and Nick will blame if they don't invest in further players now their scapegoat has gone tbh.

313 posts