BFTG Swansea

scumbag

Re: BFTG Swansea

by scumbag » 27 Jul 2013 21:08

One8Seven1
TBM Whats with not making any subs (ok 2 but one was with only 5 mins left cos Karacan took a knock)

I assumed Adkins wanted to get 90 mins under as many players belts as possible. That was, in the main, the first team we will see against Ipswich I would have thought. (Maps, Gunter, McCleary to come in?)

It's also because the substitutes will be playing Bristol Rovers away tomorrow.

blueroyals
Hob Nob Regular

by blueroyals » 27 Jul 2013 21:10

I thought Pearce looked good tbh. Very composed on the ball and happy to bring it forward.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 27 Jul 2013 21:22

Why did Swansea start chanting at Shelvey "you fat bastard" when he scored?!

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by TBM » 27 Jul 2013 21:34

One8Seven1
TBM
Agent Balti Strangely, I noticed him doing a lot of the warm up by himself. Like none of the others really wanted him to join in. I could have been completely wrong on that, but that was my take on it.

Not really - they warmed up as a team and then he went and did shooting practice against the keepers with ALF, Guthrie, Jem and McAnuff

Yep. Was seen stood there looking over at Swansea, then doing some ball juggling on his own. The others subs warmed up as a unit.

He wasn't a sub tho

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 27 Jul 2013 21:37

One8Seven1
TBM
Agent Balti Strangely, I noticed him doing a lot of the warm up by himself. Like none of the others really wanted him to join in. I could have been completely wrong on that, but that was my take on it.

Not really - they warmed up as a team and then he went and did shooting practice against the keepers with ALF, Guthrie, Jem and McAnuff

Yep. Was seen stood there looking over at Swansea, then doing some ball juggling on his own. The others subs warmed up as a unit.

LOL at getting Pog and Royston mixed up.

joeroyal

by joeroyal » 27 Jul 2013 21:39

sandman
TBM Whats with not making any subs (ok 2 but one was with only 5 mins left cos Karacan took a knock)

Presumably he has decided that is going to be his starting line up next week and wanted to give them as much time on the pitch together as possible.

Sandman may I give you a bit of advise shut the xxxxx up the starting 11 wont be anything like today

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 27 Jul 2013 21:40

joeroyal
sandman

Presumably he has decided that is going to be his starting line up next week and wanted to give them as much time on the pitch together as possible.

Sandman may I give you a bit of advise shut the xxxxx up the starting 11 wont be anything like today

Sorry Nigel.

joeroyal

by joeroyal » 27 Jul 2013 21:42

Tilehurst End 2nd February ,last goal scored at home by a reading player, worrying.

Yes but some say that some players were and are class Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

joeroyal

by joeroyal » 27 Jul 2013 21:45

sandman As it's our last 1st team friendly I would've hoped for a bit better display than that tbh. It's alright going on and on and dismissing it as "only a friendly" but it's about to get very real and we were lacking.

Well that's how much you know as it is not our last pre season game so if I were you I would pay more attention and keep your mouth shut till you know what you are rambling on about (Fool)

joeroyal

by joeroyal » 27 Jul 2013 21:46

TBM Why did Swansea start chanting at Shelvey "you fat bastard" when he scored?!

Ummmmm coz he is Fat

lardydah

by lardydah » 27 Jul 2013 21:53

My first post, been a lurker for a while..

Bit concerned about their second goal, the throw in was a joke, I'm sure in competitive play that would be time wasting?! Equally a bit concerned about our distribution from the back, to me it looked like McCarthy was told to always look for the short pass but Swansea always had any opportunity covered and there was no plan B (to be fair, this will unlikely be the case in the champ). Didn't he throw it straight to a Swansea player in the first half too?!

From my POV in the North Stand, Akpan looked a lot more in the mix than HRK (who granted, was playing in his first 45 minutes this pre-season). Though that header from Akpan should've been a goal.

On the whole this game didn't mean much, we're very unlikely to face such a clinical/skillful/fluid side as this in the Championship so probably a good reality check for next week.

Best thing about today was being able to park 15ft from turnstile 5, leaving 10 minutes early and be in the Bracknell Waitrose wine aisle by about 5.10

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 27 Jul 2013 22:04

joeroyal
sandman As it's our last 1st team friendly I would've hoped for a bit better display than that tbh. It's alright going on and on and dismissing it as "only a friendly" but it's about to get very real and we were lacking.

Well that's how much you know as it is not our last pre season game so if I were you I would pay more attention and keep your mouth shut till you know what you are rambling on about (Fool)

1st team! Tomorrow is a Reading XI line up which indicates that it will not consist of too many members of the first team squad (except maybe a returning Kebe).

This was the squad for the Reading XI vs Newport game this week:

Henly ; Long, Hector, Cooper, Griffin; Tshibola, D'Ath, trialist; Taylor; Tanner, Ugwu.

Lincoln; Hyam, trialist, Sweeney, Stacey; Partridge, Kuhl, Fosu, Murombedzi; Kelly, trialist

How many of them do you estimate are likely to start next week?

Now I really hope for the sake of the Human race you are trolling.

Edit: you are trolling. You don't happen to live in America by any chance Galivey?

joeroyal

by joeroyal » 27 Jul 2013 22:06

sandman
joeroyal

1st team! Tomorrow is a Reading XI line up which indicates that it will not consist of too many members of the first team squad (except maybe a returning Kebe).

Henly ; Long, Hector, Cooper, Griffin; Tshibola, D'Ath, trialist; Taylor; Tanner, Ugwu.

Lincoln; Hyam, trialist, Sweeney, Stacey; Partridge, Kuhl, Fosu, Murombedzi; Kelly, trialist

How many of them do you estimate are likely to start next week oh wise one?

Sad dog bag not a xxxxxx clue have you

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by TBM » 27 Jul 2013 22:10

joeroyal
TBM Why did Swansea start chanting at Shelvey "you fat bastard" when he scored?!

Ummmmm coz he is Fat

:|

marlowuk

by marlowuk » 27 Jul 2013 22:13

lardydah Bit concerned about their second goal, the throw in was a joke, I'm sure in competitive play that would be time wasting?!

The problem was that none of our players were interested in receiving the ball from the throw. There was no-one to throw to!! No-one was supporting the thrower. The eventual throw was easily cut out - hence the goal! Very bad!

lardydah Equally a bit concerned about our distribution from the back, to me it looked like McCarthy was told to always look for the short pass but Swansea always had any opportunity covered and there was no plan B (to be fair, this will unlikely be the case in the champ). Didn't he throw it straight to a Swansea player in the first half too?!

Yes - he did! Although he made a few good saves I didn't feel confident in McCarthy on this showing. He seemed anxious when the ball was passed back to him (unlike Vorm in the Swansea goal) and the subsequent long kicks invariably found a Swansea player.

lardydah On the whole this game didn't mean much, we're very unlikely to face such a clinical/skillful/fluid side as this in the Championship so probably a good reality check for next week.

I agree. Swansea were very good and looked a threat whenever they came forward. Fast, fluent, one-touch football - they looked good. But to get thrashed 3-0 does our confidence no good before next Saturday. Let's hope we see a different story next Saturday!

rfc58

by rfc58 » 27 Jul 2013 22:14

How many did Swansea bring up ?

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 27 Jul 2013 22:15

sandman
joeroyal

How many of them do you estimate are likely to start next week?

Edit: you are trolling. You don't happen to live in America by any chance Galivey?

This isn't true Sandy, Nigel said in his interview this evening that the idea was to split the first team squad across the two games so that everyone gets 90 minutes.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 27 Jul 2013 22:23

Nigel says a lot of things Winchy most of it in soundbites.

If you play one team against a Premier League side and another against a league 2 side which one do you think he is more likely to pick from? They might be part of the first team squad per se but they are very unlikely to dislodge the players in the starting 11 today.

Jem, having picked up a knock might go out of it but that is most likely the team.

Now if you'll excuse me even though Nicolas Cage is a terrible actor and no haircuts suit him it's Con Air time.
Last edited by sandman on 27 Jul 2013 22:41, edited 1 time in total.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 27 Jul 2013 22:34

I agree that the 11 who played today are likely to make up most of the stating XI against Ipswich, but tomorrow is a first team game, rather than a Reading XI, hence why the OS has it included in the first team pre-season fixture list

http://www.readingfc.co.uk/fixtures-results/preseason/

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 27 Jul 2013 22:35

sandman Nigel says a lot of things Winchy most of it in soundbites.

If you play one team against a Premier League side and another against a league 2 side which one do you think he is more likely to pick from? They might be part of the first team squad per se but they are very unlikely to dislodge the players in the starting 11 today.

Jem, having picked up a knock might go out of it but that is most likely the team.

Now if you'll excuse me it's Con Air time.

Seeing as tomorrow's team could be:

Federici, Gunter, Cummings, Marriappa, Gorkss, Williams, Taylor, Kebe, McLeary, Obita, Pogrebnyak

That's absolutely a first team side with a number of players with a very good chance of ousting today's starters for the Ipswich game next weekend.