BFTG Swansea

tlcs

Re: BFTG Swansea

by tlcs » 27 Jul 2013 18:53

Get Carter We were poor in defence & shot shy up front - nothing has changed other than the midfield
looks slightly better.
Yes, Swansea are a good team, but we drew 0-0 & 2-2 last season with them & we are
supposed to be improving under Adkins.
If we don't sign at least one quality striker, we are looking at bottom six not top six IMHO.
The Reading Way seems to be back after all.
It must be nearly 10 hours since Kebe scored against Sunderland.

Change your name to GET REAL !!!!! its only a friendly

One8Seven1

by One8Seven1 » 27 Jul 2013 18:58

The acid test is Ipswich. Can people just calm themselves down for 5 minutes?

blueroyals
Hob Nob Regular

by blueroyals » 27 Jul 2013 18:59

Guthrie class
Akpan class
Drenthe ok but decision making poor
ALF isolated

What the f*ck happened at our throw in before their second I don't know?

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 27 Jul 2013 19:01

As it's our last 1st team friendly I would've hoped for a bit better display than that tbh. It's alright going on and on and dismissing it as "only a friendly" but it's about to get very real and we were lacking.

NattMiles

by NattMiles » 27 Jul 2013 19:02

I know Jake Taylor was only on the pitch 7 minutes but based on his enthusiasm for the ball alone I would have liked to have seen him player longer

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 27 Jul 2013 19:17

sandman As it's our last 1st team friendly I would've hoped for a bit better display than that tbh. It's alright going on and on and dismissing it as "only a friendly" but it's about to get very real and we were lacking.

It was disappointing in parts, but for a fair amount of the game we were going punch-for-punch with an excellent Swansea side that have invested wisely and significantly this summer.

It will have been exactly the kind of test Adkins will have wanted when arranging the game...next week will show how well thought out the pre-season arrangements actually were.

blueroyals
Hob Nob Regular

by blueroyals » 27 Jul 2013 19:23

Also, to the absolute c*nt who ejected a man and his young son from a seat in-front of me because his ticket happened said "row XX seat XYZ" please learn what unreserved seating is then kindly f*ck off and die

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 27 Jul 2013 19:34

One8Seven1 The acid test is Ipswich. Can people just calm themselves down for 5 minutes?

While I agree in principle, the real acid test is a 46 game season, not just Ipswich. We lost to Plymouth, at home, on the first day of the record season. It is,as they say, a marathon not a sprint.

Sweet FA

by Sweet FA » 27 Jul 2013 19:49

TBF there were a few moments today when I thought "If they can do that against *Insert C'ship team* then we'll kill them", and that has got me a little excited. Agree that it could have been much better, and at times it was a little disjointed, but this was a game against the current League Cup holders who have strengthened again over summer - we were never going to have long periods on the ball or cut through them with ease.

The main thing has to be that it was 90minutes, together, for pretty much all of what I imagine to start next Sat. Roll on the Tractor Boys!

One Beer is never enough.

by One Beer is never enough. » 27 Jul 2013 19:50

blueroyals Also, to the absolute c*nt who ejected a man and his young son from a seat in-front of me because his ticket happened said "row XX seat XYZ" please learn what unreserved seating is then kindly f*ck off and die

:) If that was near the centre line at the front of the East Stand, I actually decided to move because I couldnt be arsed to have daggers shot at me for the duration of the game. If it wasnt, then there were clearly a few f*ckwits who didnt understand what unreserved seating means.

Anyhoo, to the game. Thought Jem and Guthrie broke the play up well. Alf may well be wondering why he came onto the pitch for the service he got. Think Kelly may well be this seasons target for the Boo-Boys, he didnt seem to be able to look or play the ball forward. Swansea. look good, snappy, quick, and everything else I'd want us to be...

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 27 Jul 2013 20:03

Whats with not making any subs (ok 2 but one was with only 5 mins left cos Karacan took a knock)

Agent Balti
Hob Nob Regular

by Agent Balti » 27 Jul 2013 20:05

At the time the loss seemed quite disappointing as we never really got going, service was poor to ALF and we didn't make use of space very well (unlike Swansea who were streets ahead.) But you learn more from a loss than a win, and we probably needed a kicking like this to ram home that we're in for a tough season if we play like that too often.

Don't get me wrong, there were plus points and we're not going be passed off park like Swansea did to us, but there's plenty to learn from that.

Still, Drenthe's got bags of quality, obviously. Kelly will have to get used to him going AWOL on occasion. Strangely, I noticed him doing a lot of the warm up by himself. Like none of the others really wanted him to join in. I could have been completely wrong on that, but that was my take on it.

Bridge was solid, can't say I noticed him do too much wrong.

Karacan was *sigh* Karacan. The midfielder UNLEASHED...uh...no. (Maybe that was more down to the oppo, mind you.)

Pearce...meh. Struggled with his tank-like turning circle against quick passing forwards.

ALF, anonymous, but equally had zero service.

Akpan looked nice and tidy. Seemed to adjust better to the Attacking Midfielder role than HRK did.

Guthrie looked very up for it, seems to be a changed man. Kudos.

Overall, some nice passing in parts but mostly in our own half. Lots to improve on...

(In other news, spotted Gorkss buying £187 worth of stuff from the Megastore...seemed a bit 'odd' that.)

spinder

by spinder » 27 Jul 2013 20:26

Note for mr atkins - get the team practising throw ins and corners as well as passing!

Agent Balti
Hob Nob Regular

by Agent Balti » 27 Jul 2013 20:28

spinder Note for mr atkins - get the team practising throw ins and corners as well as passing!

You say that like we've been good at them before...

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 27 Jul 2013 20:42

Agent Balti Strangely, I noticed him doing a lot of the warm up by himself. Like none of the others really wanted him to join in. I could have been completely wrong on that, but that was my take on it.

Not really - they warmed up as a team and then he went and did shooting practice against the keepers with ALF, Guthrie, Jem and McAnuff

Agent Balti
Hob Nob Regular

by Agent Balti » 27 Jul 2013 20:43

TBM
Agent Balti Strangely, I noticed him doing a lot of the warm up by himself. Like none of the others really wanted him to join in. I could have been completely wrong on that, but that was my take on it.

Not really - they warmed up as a team and then he went and did shooting practice against the keepers with ALF, Guthrie, Jem and McAnuff

Before that...

One8Seven1

by One8Seven1 » 27 Jul 2013 20:45

TBM Whats with not making any subs (ok 2 but one was with only 5 mins left cos Karacan took a knock)

I assumed Adkins wanted to get 90 mins under as many players belts as possible. That was, in the main, the first team we will see against Ipswich I would have thought. (Maps, Gunter, McCleary to come in?)

One8Seven1

by One8Seven1 » 27 Jul 2013 20:46

Agent Balti
TBM

Before that...

Yep. Was seen stood there looking over at Swansea, then doing some ball juggling on his own. The others subs warmed up as a unit.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 27 Jul 2013 20:53

why do we have 2 centre backs on the bench, is that not a bit of a waste....

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 27 Jul 2013 20:56

TBM Whats with not making any subs (ok 2 but one was with only 5 mins left cos Karacan took a knock)

Presumably he has decided that is going to be his starting line up next week and wanted to give them as much time on the pitch together as possible.