Opposition fans back from the game

4486 posts
Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Opposition fans back from the game

by Ian Royal » 18 Sep 2016 00:17

What refreshing perspective. Barnsley just went up in my expectations considerably. Hope they have a great season and maybe a PO adventure... I fear autos would be a bit beyond them.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 18 Sep 2016 00:20

I think I love Barnsley fans.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 18 Sep 2016 00:24

They're very fair and balanced in their views. Complete opposite to Brighton.

I like Barnsley

Ark Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Ark Royal » 18 Sep 2016 05:16

Always enjoyed my trips to Barnsley, although like Oldham it always seemed to be fuc king freezing. Still have fond memories of Simon Osborn's goal there in 94 and Swift's goal today was equally special. Great result and fair play to the Tykes on their forum in rational-fans-speak-honestly shock.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 18 Sep 2016 09:46

Would it be the same if we were Sheffield Wednesday though.... :?

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

by Kitsondinho » 18 Sep 2016 11:26

Sutekh Would it be the same if we were Sheffield Wednesday though.... :?

Work with a Wednesday fan and a Barnsley fan. Guess which one I enjoy talking to more...... :wink:

moo
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by moo » 18 Sep 2016 12:58

I did a Barnsley fan once. She kept wanting to be called a Tyke!

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 18 Sep 2016 13:25

moo I did a Barnsley fan once. She kept wanting to be called a Tyke!

You're going to hell.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 19 Sep 2016 12:34

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 19 Sep 2016 12:59

They seem like football fans to me. Obviously the two aren't mutually exclusive.

Have to chuckle at their opinions of us, as if they're some sort of sleeping footballing giant finally waking up to destroy the Championship.

And Hemsworth Tyke is getting a pasting for basically being a miserable cnut. :lol:

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 19 Sep 2016 19:30

Mike Lowry's post seems to have it just about nailed:

More mindless ramblings from football fans...

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 19 Sep 2016 21:46

Revising my opinion

http://bbs.barnsleyfc.org.uk/showthread ... -s-support

Plastic fans like Brighton

:lol:

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 19 Sep 2016 22:14

Have to say they are right for the most part although the criticism of Al Habsi is a bit harsh and if they watched Gunter every week they'd know that he always takes an age to take a throw in even when we have 11 men. All teams waste time like that and I'm sure they would do the same if they were in that situation.

Agree with them on the McCleary red and the clapping him off the pitch. Correct on Williams idiotic stamp as well.

Forbushman

by Forbushman » 19 Sep 2016 22:25

They're probably being nice for a reason. Their Captain, after grossly fouling a Reading player, then hurled abuse at the prone player to make it look like he was pretending to be injured. When team-mates tried to intervene, our winger ended up being sent off. Other than that, it was 5-0 to us. I'm not surprised that they're being nice on the internet.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 19 Sep 2016 23:19

sandman Agree with them on the McCleary red and the clapping him off the pitch. Correct on Williams idiotic stamp as well.

So first people complain when fans boo our players, and now complain when we actually SUPPORT them.

'Kin ell.

It's not like he oxf*rd killed him. We were applauding a terrific performance and what a lot felt was an unjust red for sticking up for another of our players. It's what we need, some unity... Between the players and the players and the fans.

Did you go to the game sandmong?

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 19 Sep 2016 23:27

genome Revising my opinion

http://bbs.barnsleyfc.org.uk/showthread ... -s-support

Plastic fans like Brighton

I actually thought we were fairly loud in relation to a lot of our games up north.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 20 Sep 2016 06:52

Whilst it might have seemed nice to clap McLeary for his 30 minute cameo and token 'defence' of one of his mates being shouted at, the bigger picture was he was ineffective for 2/3 of the game, put 10 of his mates under intense pressure for an hour, could have thrown away a certain win and will be ineffective for 3 more games.
He did not deserve the applause.
At least when Joey was sent of he got his card doing something that probably saved the game, did it right at the end and when he would serve his suspension for a game he would have missed anyway. An interesting contrast !

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 20 Sep 2016 11:45

Nameless Whilst it might have seemed nice to clap McLeary for his 30 minute cameo and token 'defence' of one of his mates being shouted at, the bigger picture was he was ineffective for 2/3 of the game, put 10 of his mates under intense pressure for an hour, could have thrown away a certain win and will be ineffective for 3 more games.
At least when Joey was sent of he got his card doing something that probably saved the game, did it right at the end and when he would serve his suspension for a game he would have missed anyway. An interesting contrast !

Football isn't about "what you deserve". And what good would not showing your support for him do? He knows he oxf*rd up hence him hanging around the fans afterwards and his apology.

We need to actually support our players ffs.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 20 Sep 2016 11:49

Nameless Whilst it might have seemed nice to clap McLeary for his 30 minute cameo and token 'defence' of one of his mates being shouted at, the bigger picture was he was ineffective for 2/3 of the game, put 10 of his mates under intense pressure for an hour, could have thrown away a certain win and will be ineffective for 3 more games.

He's a winger. He is therefore likely to have been very ineffective for the next three games anyway.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 20 Sep 2016 12:03

Sutekh

He's a winger. He is therefore likely to have been very ineffective for the next three games anyway.

You're on fire today mate.

4486 posts