Opposition fans back from the game

4486 posts
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Opposition fans back from the game

by Snowflake Royal » 15 Dec 2020 11:56

Jagermesiter1871
genome I've said it before and I'll say it again. The phrase "virtue signalling" is the worst phrase in the English language. Meaningless reductive twaddle used in place of an actual counter-argument.

Completely disagree - it's an unequivocal term used to encapsulate precisely the act of doing a very public act with only the express purpose to show how good a person you are. It's perfect for this scenario.

Of course you disagree. You use it and judge people to be doing that when they're not.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 15 Dec 2020 12:03

oldebiscuit
Snowflake Royal
oldebiscuit
How about you let me make my own mind up? My opinion is my entitlement and none of your business.
And do you have to be abusive on a civilised debate? You lose any argument as soon as you become abusive.

Post your opinion on a public discussion forum where you're saying something should happen and you make your opinion other people's business and fair game. If you don't want it commented on, keep it private.

The hypocrisy of you saying saying people should stop doing something you don't like and then complaining when someone challenges your view is impressive.

I wasn't abusive btw. And many would find your view more offensive than the single use of a swear word that's ce stored and not directed at anyone.

What people like you always fail to realise is that I am just as entitled to express my opinion that your opinion is a pile of casual racist thick as mince bullshit as you are to express it in the first place. That was a bit abusive btw. HTH.

Also, who was it who had a patronising pop at me out of no where for having a decent vocabulary and using it you inoffensively you double hypocrite old pcunt. That was pretty abusive. HTAH.

What a load of waffle with no content and average vocabulary. Less is more.

You need to grow up and accept that not everybody shares your opinion, and learn to try and not abuse those whose opinions differ from yours. Throwing names and insults is the weapon of spoilt brats.

And if you want to discuss hypocrisy, then ask your self how many Reading fans condemn racism but openly target and shout abuse at a red headed player? sing 'where's your caravan' or 'pikey' to a player with long black hair? And how many have sung 'Bobby Zamora the elephant man'? or any of the many disciminatory comments that are banded about

Most of those aren't racist. You post nonsense.

Succinct enough for you?

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 15 Dec 2020 12:11

Jagermesiter1871
genome I've said it before and I'll say it again. The phrase "virtue signalling" is the worst phrase in the English language. Meaningless reductive twaddle used in place of an actual counter-argument.

Completely disagree - it's an unequivocal term used to encapsulate precisely the act of doing a very public act with only the express purpose to show how good a person you are. It's perfect for this scenario.

It's a bollocks term used by people who lack empathy to describe people who, regardless of motive, are doing positive things. As a counter argument it lacks any sort of nuance and is just a get out of jail free card for people who haven't actually bothered to construct a valid point.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 15 Dec 2020 12:15

Anyway, isn't it about time this conversation stopped or moved to a more appropriate section / thread than the TEAM board, opposition fans view of the GAME?

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 15 Dec 2020 12:39

genome
Jagermesiter1871

It's a bollocks term used by people who lack empathy to describe people who, regardless of motive, are doing positive things. As a counter argument it lacks any sort of nuance and is just a get out of jail free card for people who haven't actually bothered to construct a valid point.

I think that itself is a very reductive argument. You don't think any people just follow the trend or do it just to fit in and not be publicly outed? I've been called a racist numerous times in this thread for merely questioning it. I'm sure there are many who don't want the argro, would rather just not publicly display their true feelings and take a knee or applaud or whatever just so they're looked on in a good light despite disagreeing or not even bothering to think about what they're doing, with no change in there opinion even being considered. Tbh if I was at the football I'd probably just clap like everyone else for fear of being ejected, banned from the club or shown on tv to be sat in my seat instead of being in rapturous applaud.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 15 Dec 2020 12:39

Snowflake Royal
Jagermesiter1871

Of course you disagree. You use it and judge people to be doing that when they're not.

Or they are. You don't actually know.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 15 Dec 2020 12:42

anyway.....anyone know what QPR thought of us after the game?

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 15 Dec 2020 13:57

TiagoIlori The FA made it pretty clear any knee gesture doesn’t support the “political” stuff about BLM. Same lot praising people for not taking the knee go nuts when James McClean refuses to wear the poppy.

https://www.thefa.com/news/2020/jun/30/ ... ism-300620

If BLM becomes politicised then by football’s own guidelines players and clubs should not be showing support for it before during or after games. If there needs to be a gesture made by players then why is it not under the banner of football’s own anti-racism charity?

biff

by biff » 15 Dec 2020 14:25

Jagermesiter1871
biff
Jagermesiter1871
And what exactly is the token gesture of taking the knee doing other than meaningless virtue signalling and symbolism? I fail to see how it breaks down or stops any perceived institutional racism or police brutality? If anything its created more partisan behaviour, side picking and marginalisation. I generally consider myself to be fairly liberal and completely pro-equality but I also now fall into a segment that is all that but doesn't support BLM and token pre-match knee taking, fist raising and vague US-led protests. I also found the timing of the protests to be abhorrent, which is probably where the majority of my personal dislike for the BLM movement comes from.

Can you be racist elsewhere? thick as mince.

Odd that when I search your post history this is what the above post apparently says:

I agree 100% that it is an honest and peaceful gesture and certainly not confrontational. What i am saying is that i feel (and others that i've spoken to in conversation), is that it has gone on for too long now. The message has been sent out, and we have all received. But where does it go from her...

Odd.

huh? Not me guv.

Get back to Prison Planet and Spiked. Christ alive.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 15 Dec 2020 14:25

Hound anyway.....anyone know what QPR thought of us after the game?

They thought we were shit, tin pot, soulless, pointless, hooped oxf*rd that every other team does.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 15 Dec 2020 14:27

biff
Jagermesiter1871
biff
Can you be racist elsewhere? thick as mince.

Odd that when I search your post history this is what the above post apparently says:

I agree 100% that it is an honest and peaceful gesture and certainly not confrontational. What i am saying is that i feel (and others that i've spoken to in conversation), is that it has gone on for too long now. The message has been sent out, and we have all received. But where does it go from her...

Odd.

huh? Not me guv.

If I click your name - most recent post that is literally what it says. So make your mind up buddy.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 15 Dec 2020 14:29

Jagermesiter1871
Hound anyway.....anyone know what QPR thought of us after the game?

They thought we were shit, tin pot, soulless, pointless, hooped oxf*rd that every other team does.

excellent, glad to hear it

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 15 Dec 2020 14:29

Sutekh
TiagoIlori The FA made it pretty clear any knee gesture doesn’t support the “political” stuff about BLM. Same lot praising people for not taking the knee go nuts when James McClean refuses to wear the poppy.

https://www.thefa.com/news/2020/jun/30/ ... ism-300620

If BLM becomes politicised then by football’s own guidelines players and clubs should not be showing support for it before during or after games. If there needs to be a gesture made by players then why is it not under the banner of football’s own anti-racism charity?

Well precisely. But apparently we need 3 separate schemes and to question the stupidity of it or what any of those schemes wider meaning or connotations may be, automatically makes you a racist.

biff

by biff » 15 Dec 2020 14:34

Jagermesiter1871
biff
Jagermesiter1871

Odd.

huh? Not me guv.

If I click your name - most recent post that is literally what it says. So make your mind up buddy.

:shock:Ok. Wouldnt mind seeing a screenshot of that, "buddy".

biff

by biff » 15 Dec 2020 14:40

Jagermesiter1871
biff
Jagermesiter1871

Odd.

huh? Not me guv.

ahah it's oldebiscuits utter drivel in a quote thread. Fact checking obviously not your strong suit . Buddy.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 15 Dec 2020 14:40

biff
Jagermesiter1871
biff
huh? Not me guv.

:shock:Ok. Wouldnt mind seeing a screenshot of that, "buddy".

https://imgur.com/a/jWBnjMH

biff

by biff » 15 Dec 2020 14:42

Can you literally not see the other 2 of my "posts" are in fact your paragraphs that I've quoted?

Banged to rights eh :lol: :lol:

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 15 Dec 2020 14:43

biff Can you literally not see the other 2 of my "posts" are in fact your paragraphs that I've quoted?

Banged to rights eh :lol: :lol:

Yeh its clearly a complete mess. Every time you post it links to an incorrect post you've quoted. You're a glitch.

I was hardly trying to bang you m8

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 15 Dec 2020 15:19

This thread has changed a fair bit since I last checked in :shock:

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 15 Dec 2020 16:34

Jager,for the love of sanity give it a rest.

4486 posts