Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

Re: Opposition fans back from the game

by RoyalBlue » 26 Dec 2020 19:23

Jagermesiter1871
Watching on ifollow

Posted by Gothenburg Hatter on 26/12/2020, 17:30:20
Have always had an irratational hatred for Reading since the Simod cup final day. A nothing club with plastic fans who all support a Premier league team but turn up to the Majeski bowl to show some kind of local loyalty to their town. The hatred is made worse by the fact that they seem to have a hoodoo spell over us. It seems that our players feel the same way at least on the first half showing. We stood off too much, let them dictate the game and offered little in the way of creativity while looking shaky defensively. Not picking up our men gave them a 2-0 lead which despite our poorish performance was still flattering for the home side. Game over. Can't give any team in the championship a 2-0 lead especially your bogey team. We tried more second half, getting the ball forward more urgently and created a few half chances, certainly an improvement. Lua lua scored with a shot well outside the box whic bounced just in front of their keeper and into the net. Too late however and the result I expected pre match became a reality. Have said it before and will say it again we look a championship team and just need a bit more fortune in front of goal. Would like to see Lua Lua given more minutes. He has a goal in him and is a handful for any defence.
We regroup and try again.

Apparently were a nothing club the poster hates because we won the Simod. Makes sense.

The *rsehole must be the exception to the rule. All the Luton fans I met that day after the game were very gracious in defeat and full of praise for our team's performance. I remember some singing 'Can we have the ball back' in recognition of how much possession we got in that game.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 26 Dec 2020 19:25

Jagermesiter1871
Watching on ifollow

Posted by Gothenburg Hatter on 26/12/2020, 17:30:20
Have always had an irratational hatred for Reading since the Simod cup final day. A nothing club with plastic fans who all support a Premier league team but turn up to the Majeski bowl to show some kind of local loyalty to their town. The hatred is made worse by the fact that they seem to have a hoodoo spell over us. It seems that our players feel the same way at least on the first half showing. We stood off too much, let them dictate the game and offered little in the way of creativity while looking shaky defensively. Not picking up our men gave them a 2-0 lead which despite our poorish performance was still flattering for the home side. Game over. Can't give any team in the championship a 2-0 lead especially your bogey team. We tried more second half, getting the ball forward more urgently and created a few half chances, certainly an improvement. Lua lua scored with a shot well outside the box whic bounced just in front of their keeper and into the net. Too late however and the result I expected pre match became a reality. Have said it before and will say it again we look a championship team and just need a bit more fortune in front of goal. Would like to see Lua Lua given more minutes. He has a goal in him and is a handful for any defence.
We regroup and try again.

Apparently were a nothing club the poster hates because we won the Simod. Makes sense.

Look a Championship club!? :shock:

League One must have taken a hell of a dive since we were last there.

Barney
Hob Nob Regular

by Barney » 26 Dec 2020 19:33

A lot of teams have a minority of fans that are total muppets. In most cases, genuine fans are sensible.

Sadly, EVERY club have some fans that are total and utter idiots that write/think/talk total bollox. Welcome to that club Gothenburg Twatter.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 27 Dec 2020 15:02

At least our ground doesn't look like a health hazard and some sort of o level double glazing project down one side.
They shouldn't be allowed in the league with that sh+thole.

skipper
Hob Nob Regular

by skipper » 27 Dec 2020 15:28

Ascotexgunner At least our ground doesn't look like a health hazard and some sort of o level double glazing project down one side.

Gosh darn it, I'm rather fond of the old grounds...

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 27 Dec 2020 16:36

skipper
Ascotexgunner At least our ground doesn't look like a health hazard and some sort of o level double glazing project down one side.

+1 ... much prefer shitty old grounds.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 27 Dec 2020 16:43

skipper

Gosh darn it?!

Are you from the Deep South?

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 27 Dec 2020 17:04

skipper

Yeah, but Kenilworth Rd? The away end is a shambles. Entrance through a house and seating designed by a mono buttocked lower leg amputee.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 27 Dec 2020 17:24

Kenilworth Road is shit, but I don't like the attitude of looking down on clubs because they have a rubbish old stadium crammed into a residential area which they can't renovate and can't afford to move from.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 27 Dec 2020 17:30

From Despair To Where?
skipper

Yeah, but Kenilworth Rd? The away end is a shambles. Entrance through a house and seating designed by a mono buttocked lower leg amputee.

And despite all that they manage to compete at Championship level.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 27 Dec 2020 18:54

To be fair, they've been trying to get a new ground for about 30 years

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 27 Dec 2020 19:02

Franchise FC
From Despair To Where?
skipper

Quite staggering that they’re 15th. Even if Millwall won their game in hand then they’d be 16th. Yesterday must have just been a bad day at the office for them because they looked worse than Wycombe.

Absolutely nothing against Luton. Could make a joke about their airport pretending it is in London but our train station does something similar (and we don’t have an airport at all).

Fox Talbot
Hob Nob Regular

by Fox Talbot » 27 Dec 2020 21:18

Heathrow is our airport.

Lucky Luton will be moving to a town centre ground in the next couple of years, called the PowerDome or some such.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 27 Dec 2020 21:58

Franchise FC
From Despair To Where?
skipper

stands and entrances don't tend to matter much on the pitch

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 28 Dec 2020 08:07

Snowflake Royal
Franchise FC
From Despair To Where?

stands and entrances don't tend to matter much on the pitch

If that’s the case why do clubs go on about how much better they can compete with better facilities ?

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 28 Dec 2020 09:49

Bloody hell, I made that comment in response to someone saying they were fond of old grounds, absolutely no judgement of their team or the club

Kenilworth Rd is shit and part if the problem is that there is no scope for redevelopment because it is completely land locked by housing. As I said in another post, its been why they've spent 30 years trying to get the land and planning approval for a new ground. They're fully aware if the ground's limitations. Unfortunately, unlike some clubs they didn't have a council begging to give them the land for a quid as part if a massive redevelopment scheme.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 28 Dec 2020 10:02

From Despair To Where? Bloody hell, I made that comment in response to someone saying they were fond of old grounds, absolutely no judgement of their team or the club

Kenilworth Rd is shit and part if the problem is that there is no scope for redevelopment because it is completely land locked by housing. As I said in another post, its been why they've spent 30 years trying to get the land and planning approval for a new ground. They're fully aware if the ground's limitations. Unfortunately, unlike some clubs they don't have a council begging to give them the land for a quid as part if a massive redevelopment scheme.

Luton Town have received planning permission (finally) for a new 23,000 capacity stadium called Power Court (currently) to be built about 1-2 miles away from the current location. The stadium will be in the south of Luton, nearer the town centre but also nearer J10 of the M1. The first game there is anticipated for season 2024/25

Chameleon

by Chameleon » 28 Dec 2020 11:38

Luton are basically us 25 years ago, hard to feel any significant negative feelings towards them.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 29 Dec 2020 10:48

That Luton fan has got some front calling us plastics and citing the Simod Cup final.

My recollection of that is that we had about 35,000 fans there and they mustered about 10,000.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 29 Dec 2020 11:12

Norfolk Royal That Luton fan has got some front calling us plastics and citing the Simod Cup final.

My recollection of that is that we had about 35,000 fans there and they mustered about 10,000.

Most of their fans were back in Luton by the time the final whistle went....
Although weren’tthey in more than one Wembley final that year ?

4464 posts