Opposition fans back from the game

4486 posts
Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Opposition fans back from the game

by Pepe the Horseman » 02 Jan 2021 18:58

Zip Very fair comments on their messageboard tonight. They are not happy with the ref though.

What did he do wrong?

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 02 Jan 2021 18:59

Didn't really notice the ref, for once. Was he bad?

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 02 Jan 2021 19:02

Pepe the Horseman
Zip Very fair comments on their messageboard tonight. They are not happy with the ref though.

What did he do wrong?

Yeah lots on twitter saying that too. I dont recall anything controversial.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 02 Jan 2021 19:03

Pepe the Horseman

What did he do wrong?

I thought he was absolutely fine. They think they should have had a pen and he got in the way for our second goal. Can’t see it myself.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 02 Jan 2021 19:05

Zip
Pepe the Horseman

What did he do wrong?

I thought he was absolutely fine. They think they should have had a pen and he got in the way for our second goal. Can’t see it myself.

Don't recall anything remotely close to a pen for them. We could've had one for a foul in the first half, can't remember who it was on, and one for a pull on Richards in the second half.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 02 Jan 2021 19:07

Pepe the Horseman
Zip
Pepe the Horseman What did he do wrong?

Don't recall anything remotely close to a pen for them. We could've had one for a foul in the first half, can't remember who it was on, and one for a pull on Richards in the second half.

The only pen call I can think of was McIntyre being all over their player in the box in the build up to Rafael’s crucial save.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 02 Jan 2021 19:20

Pepe the Horseman

What did he do wrong?

I thought from the off he was picky, giving free kicks for the slightest touch

Always said we would do better with refs like this and this is the first one we've had for ages.

The refs that let everything go don't help us as we tend to shy away from the physical side of things

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 02 Jan 2021 19:21

THere was Morrison block which perhaps came off his arm but it was a fierce shot and his arm was in a natural position.
He gave a few really soft free kicks but overall thought any criticism pretty minor and not game changing.
How him ‘being in the way’ for our goal is even a thing I have no idea - he has to be somewhere !

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 02 Jan 2021 19:23

Didn’t notice the ref at all really. He was fine

That Hogg character for them is a horrible little git but otherwise they are definitely one of the better teams about

Needle

by Needle » 02 Jan 2021 20:14

The ref definitely blocked one of their player's run, shielding the ball for us to collect from an undercut pass in midfield but I can't remember if that was in the the move we scored from. I said "cheers ref". If it was then, lolz.

A pen? The handball with the arm tucked in to the side? Not for me.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 02 Jan 2021 20:30

Hound Didn’t notice the ref at all really. He was fine

That Hogg character for them is a horrible little git but otherwise they are definitely one of the better teams about

Gave lots of soft free kicks, the majority in our favour. I guess if the ref is mainly in your teams favour you don't tend to notice him. I look out for the ref whatever

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 02 Jan 2021 20:53

bcubed
Hound Didn’t notice the ref at all really. He was fine

Gave lots of soft free kicks, the majority in our favour. I guess if the ref is mainly in your teams favour you don't tend to notice him. I look out for the ref whatever

Soft free kicks help us a lot. We are the most fouled team in the league. Richards, Ejaria and Rinomhota (apparently) are great at drawing fouls.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 02 Jan 2021 21:12

I see yet another thread on Mr João on Owlstalk. Their claiming a 20% sell on clause....as well as cursing that they sold him....

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 02 Jan 2021 21:17

Ascotexgunner I see yet another thread on Mr João on Owlstalk. Their claiming a 20% sell on clause....as well as cursing that they sold him....

oxf*rd me.. the numbers change every time they bring them up. Apparently now we paid 5 million up front, 3 million in installments and a 20% sell on clause! :roll:

Next month there will be a goal bonus or some shit. Every 5 goals he scores for us we have to pay them a million.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 02 Jan 2021 21:43

Apparently, all his goals are down to individual brilliance and we're still shit with or without him.

If only we'd bought Jordan Rhodes, eh?

I used to like Wednesday. The more I read Owlstalk, the more I realise they're a bunch of clueless fcukwits. I think my liking of them probably stemmed from Warnock's days across the city.
Last edited by From Despair To Where? on 02 Jan 2021 21:48, edited 2 times in total.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 02 Jan 2021 21:44

Pathetic by Stoke. No fight at all. They were useless.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 02 Jan 2021 21:47

Ascotexgunner Pathetic by Stoke. No fight at all. They were useless.

Don't we kinda want the teams just below us to start dropping points?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 02 Jan 2021 21:54

NewCorkSeth
Ascotexgunner I see yet another thread on Mr João on Owlstalk. Their claiming a 20% sell on clause....as well as cursing that they sold him....

oxf*rd me.. the numbers change every time they bring them up. Apparently now we paid 5 million up front, 3 million in installments and a 20% sell on clause! :roll:

Next month there will be a goal bonus or some shit. Every 5 goals he scores for us we have to pay them a million.

Actually read back through his rumoured/confimred thread earlier which is quite funny and there is talk in there of it being only 800k up front and the rest in instalments

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 02 Jan 2021 21:56

Ascotexgunner Pathetic by Stoke. No fight at all. They were useless.

No surprise they’ve been crap since Campbell got injured

But yeah happy to see them lose

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 02 Jan 2021 22:05

Hound
NewCorkSeth

Actually read back through his rumoured/confimred thread earlier which is quite funny and there is talk in there of it being only 800k up front and the rest in instalments

I get that they are trying to make themselves feel better about it but if it keeps going up every time he scores he'll be a championship record transfer fee.

4486 posts