Opposition fans back from the game

4486 posts
Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Opposition fans back from the game

by Jagermesiter1871 » 24 Jan 2021 15:47

What they saying?

Let me guess - not a pen, ref was shit, tin pot, diving.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 24 Jan 2021 15:50

Jagermesiter1871 What they saying?

Let me guess - not a pen, ref was shit, tin pot, diving.

Most thought the draw was a fair outcome. They are split as to whether it was a pen

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 24 Jan 2021 15:53

Yeh tbf Reading their forum they sound a decent bunch with a fair few praises:

Sick to death of these bloody Sky commentators and the so called panellists blowing sunshine up our opponents arses. Can’t understand why Sky don’t advertise our games as Preston v Our boys. Sick of their shite, they all want belting around the head with the poisoned dwarf Stelling !

You have to give credit to Reading. They are a decent team with some exceptional players. Difficult to impose ourselves on them when you have to work so hard to stop them. First half was more fluid with both teams looking to attack. Second half both teams cancelled each other out. Got to be happy with a point given how good Reading looked.

Yeah I've already given credit to Reading in a different post. Said they are a physical, competitive, skillful side.

Just feel that Neil focused on their strengths too much, as he usually does.

He just doesn't get the balance right for me, in terms of stopping the opposition (to a degree), whilst also making sure we have a proper go at them.

Definitely shouldn’t have been a pen.

Their huge lad deliberately went straight at Rafferty pushing and in danger of trampling the smaller man - in order create the contact.

Rafferty’s only option are to lie down and be trampled or get into the grappling match. It is possible that it was an inadvertent foul by their attacker. But probably clever cheating. It happens a lot - no one is innocent - but that was never a pen.

tv said it was the lineman that gave it. Clearly he never played full-back!

We committed a lot to stopping Ejaria. Browne had a good game but had a lot of help from Sinclair, Molumby, Whiteman and Ledson. We set out to make sure we didnt get beat by Ejaria or Swift. We kept both very quiet.

I dont think you can laugh at those who said we'd lose this because of our fullbacks, because both should have conceeded penalties, one did (and should have been sent off.) We're a Lucas Joao penalty miss away from that prophecy coming true

and we were a Browne block and Riis follow up stab away from taking a deserved 1 - 0 lead....

I dont think Brownes pen was a stonewall as some described as nobody saw it until Sky went back with a different camera handle 2 mins later.

I think we play 2 sitting midfielders to allow the FB's to go forward, which Browne could do knowing the cover was planned to be there.

Agree full with the stopping Swift comments, think the other guy was poor - him and Scott were on a par

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 24 Jan 2021 16:11

Have family who support them and thought that they were lucky to get a point, and it was a clear pen

Frustrated with their manager playing negative football

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 24 Jan 2021 16:15

Dunno how anyone can dispute the pen. And they were lucky they got away with one in the first half too.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 25 Jan 2021 00:49

Pepe the Horseman Dunno how anyone can dispute the pen. And they were lucky they got away with one in the first half too.

And it’s all a bit rich coming from Preston anyway - considering they have the second highest number of penalties this season and the most last season - with a considerable amount of them just being their players throwing themselves to the floor with limited contact

10539.4 Miles Away
Hob Nob Regular

by 10539.4 Miles Away » 25 Jan 2021 11:36

Both the handball and the rugby tackle were definite penalties, the tackle could easily have been a red as well, even with the rule changes. Shame Lucas didnt stick it in but at least we don't have to play Preston again this season.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 30 Jan 2021 00:51

Come on Jagers lets be having you :D

TiagoIlori

by TiagoIlori » 30 Jan 2021 01:32

Opposition forum is pretty boring tonight. Not much said about us, other than that they really look forward to whenever they play us and envy that we have a functioning team.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 30 Jan 2021 08:23

Yeah I tried to have a read but they are all wetting the bed about tindall. 99% of posts are about him and how he should be sacked and how shit they are, I don’t think I saw ‘Reading’ mentioned once in about 10 pages.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 30 Jan 2021 08:25

WoodleyRoyal Yeah I tried to have a read but they are all wetting the bed about tindall. 99% of posts are about him and how he should be sacked and how shit they are, I don’t think I saw ‘Reading’ mentioned once in about 10 pages.

And most other posts are about wanting Howe to come back. Missing the point that if they fire his former assistant, he is unlikely to want to be the next boss.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 30 Jan 2021 09:33

Tindall does seem pretty clueless to be fair. Looked like he was about to burst into tears after the match

Pretty good effort to get that team of players to play so badly. And they just seem to randomly hoovering up even more players coming onto the market

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 30 Jan 2021 09:43

This. Had a read and all just bed wetting about their team. Said we were good 1st half. Thats about it.

Proper boring tinpot club really.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 30 Jan 2021 10:00

Stranded
WoodleyRoyal Yeah I tried to have a read but they are all wetting the bed about tindall. 99% of posts are about him and how he should be sacked and how shit they are, I don’t think I saw ‘Reading’ mentioned once in about 10 pages.

And most other posts are about wanting Howe to come back. Missing the point that if they fire his former assistant, he is unlikely to want to be the next boss.

There were a few posts saying the rot set in under Howe. Too many Billy Big Bollox players who don't fancy a scrap in the Championship. Interesting to see how many of their players are tied in to long term contracts. I quick look on Transfermarkt suggests they have 5 or 6 big money players with 2 or 3 years left and on the evidence of last night, they won't be going anywhere soon.

Even a couple of doom mongers predicting the start of a slide back to League 2.
Last edited by From Despair To Where? on 30 Jan 2021 10:07, edited 1 time in total.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 30 Jan 2021 10:02

I saw one comment about us being ‘nothing special’. Which I take as a compliment !

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 30 Jan 2021 10:08

Someone did reply to that asking if they were watching the same game.

I do get the impression that some are trying to rekindle a rivalry, that from our standpoint, never existed in the first place

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 30 Jan 2021 10:47

Pretty decent match report here:
https://bournemouth-forum.vitalfootball.co.uk/threads/match-report-v-reading.13317/

Followed by some comments - no tinpot club ones - but one that said: "BTW - well done Reading ... lively, skilful and committed."

JR

by JR » 30 Jan 2021 11:00

Royalwaster Pretty decent match report here:
https://bournemouth-forum.vitalfootball.co.uk/threads/match-report-v-reading.13317/

Followed by some comments - no tinpot club ones - but one that said: "BTW - well done Reading ... lively, skilful and committed."

Thanks for posting - an entertaining read!

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 30 Jan 2021 11:04

Hound Tindall does seem pretty clueless to be fair. Looked like he was about to burst into tears after the match

Pretty good effort to get that team of players to play so badly. And they just seem to randomly hoovering up even more players coming onto the market

Cannot see how Ben “the Crab” Pearson is going to help them. Always been thoroughly unimpressed with him when seeing him for Preston against us. Does nothing other than play 5 yd passes or foul people

exileinleeds
Hob Nob Addict

by exileinleeds » 30 Jan 2021 11:05

Royalwaster Pretty decent match report here:

Agreed. Some absolutely fabulous lines- Solanke getting a peach of a cross, but doesn't like fruit....

4486 posts