Opposition fans back from the game

4464 posts
Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Opposition fans back from the game

by Nameless » 04 Apr 2021 11:06

Tails
Mr Optimist Trying to create a siege mentality is fine with all the small club bollocks, but following a match with Reading it just sounds so transparent and a bit desperate.

:lol:

I did enjoy the insinuation that we are a big club.....arguably we’re middling in this league. Save that shit for Forest, Sheffield, Norwich etc etc.

Indeed, bizarre from him. Does he realise we’ve spent the last few seasons at the other end of this division ? If anything it is us other teams will have been surprised to see up the top !
Smacked of a bit of a preplanned ‘motivation’ for his lads....

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 04 Apr 2021 11:25

Of the Championship teams we must be on one of the longer runs of top two tier seasons....

I make it 5th, but didn't check everyone.

Derby: 86 - present
M'bro: 87 - present
B'ham: 95 - present
Watford: 98 - present
Reading: 02 - present
Stoke: 02 - present
Cardiff: 03 - present
QPR: 04 - present

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 04 Apr 2021 15:07

Snowflake Royal Of the Championship teams we must be on one of the longer runs of top two tier seasons....

Cardiff 03 ?
Still 5th

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 04 Apr 2021 16:26

Franchise FC
Snowflake Royal Of the Championship teams we must be on one of the longer runs of top two tier seasons....

Cardiff 03 ?
Still 5th

You've lost me on Cardiff, may well have missed something, but if I have I'm not sure what.

skipper
Hob Nob Regular

by skipper » 04 Apr 2021 16:36

Snowflake Royal
Franchise FC

Cardiff 03 ?
Still 5th

You've lost me on Cardiff, may well have missed something, but if I have I'm not sure what.

They got promoted from League 1 into the Championship in 2003. Beating QPR in the playoff final.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 04 Apr 2021 16:49

Would be interesting to see where we'd come out in an average league position table this century...I'd estimate around 25th to 30th, we'd probably be ahead of Leeds, Brighton and Sheff U currently in the prem, but there's a few sides out there that had quite a few years up there such as Bolton, Charlton, Wigan etc

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 04 Apr 2021 17:52

skipper
Snowflake Royal
Franchise FC
Cardiff 03 ?
Still 5th

They got promoted from League 1 into the Championship in 2003. Beating QPR in the playoff final.

Yes, so they've been in the second tier or higher since the 2003/04 season. So since 2003.

Pockets

by Pockets » 04 Apr 2021 18:55

Mid Sussex Royal Would be interesting to see where we'd come out in an average league position table this century...I'd estimate around 25th to 30th, we'd probably be ahead of Leeds, Brighton and Sheff U currently in the prem, but there's a few sides out there that had quite a few years up there such as Bolton, Charlton, Wigan etc

https://twitter.com/stevechu75/status/1 ... 18627?s=19

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 04 Apr 2021 19:36

Pockets
Mid Sussex Royal Would be interesting to see where we'd come out in an average league position table this century...I'd estimate around 25th to 30th, we'd probably be ahead of Leeds, Brighton and Sheff U currently in the prem, but there's a few sides out there that had quite a few years up there such as Bolton, Charlton, Wigan etc

https://twitter.com/stevechu75/status/1 ... 18627?s=19

26th... nice estimate MSR!!

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 06 Apr 2021 01:01

I liked this one

Nothing Reading have put forward shows me any different . We'll probably lose now in all likelihood, but no way they'll be in top 6 end of season. There a mid table side come the final curtain

I mean he might be right about us not finishing top 6 but mid table? :lol:

We could lose the rest of our games and probably allow Derby to play another 5 games on top, and we’d still finish above them.

Shouldn’t be surprised tbf they have a 7 page Rooney out thread that isn’t a wind up.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 09 Apr 2021 23:09

Watford very complimentary of us which, saying best team they’ve played all season, we will be tough to beat if we get to the playoffs etc etc

It’s easy to be complimentary of the opposition after you’ve beaten them ultimately fairly comfortably and are about to be promoted.

Davezk

by Davezk » 10 Apr 2021 02:52

CountryRoyal Watford very complimentary of us which, saying best team they’ve played all season, we will be tough to beat if we get to the playoffs etc etc

It’s easy to be complimentary of the opposition after you’ve beaten them ultimately fairly comfortably and are about to be promoted.

Indeed let's see our metal if we make the playoffs- fingers crossed

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 10 Apr 2021 08:03

CountryRoyal Watford very complimentary of us which, saying best team they’ve played all season, we will be tough to beat if we get to the playoffs etc etc

It is indeed. But you wouldn't see half the teams in the division doing it to us in the same circumstances.

Can you imagine a Forest or Wednesday fan saying that if they were second?

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 10 Apr 2021 08:24

Snowflake Royal

It is indeed. But you wouldn't see half the teams in the division doing it to us in the same circumstances.

Can you imagine a Forest or Wednesday fan saying that if they were second?

Well quite

I'll take the plaudits when they come

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 10 Apr 2021 10:26

No problem with Watford fans generally. See them pretty much like ourselves following a provincial club that’s had a bit but not really all that much success down the years and are fairly used to being put through the mill by the club.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 10 Apr 2021 11:00

Sutekh No problem with Watford fans generally. See them pretty much like ourselves following a provincial club that’s had a bit but not really all that much success down the years and are fairly used to being put through the mill by the club.

Agreed. I've lived within 10 miles of Vicarage Road for many years and therefore have got to know numerous Watford fans pretty well. Generally a far better bunch than the Fake Hoop fans living in the area who, with a few exceptions, tend to be arrogant tossers, desperately trying to live off past glories. Our daughter also played for their Women's team for a few years so we got to know the club pretty well and the nice, family/community-orientated club image that they project is exactly what they are about.

However, I think they are now more a PL than Championship Club, evidenced by the way they were able to keep most of their squad post relegation, including a player worth £40M, and look likely to bounce straight back up. They've also managed to redevelop Vicarage Road over the past few years to make it more suited to top tier football.

St Pauli
Hob Nob Legend

by St Pauli » 11 Apr 2021 01:58

RoyalBlue
Sutekh No problem with Watford fans generally. See them pretty much like ourselves following a provincial club that’s had a bit but not really all that much success down the years and are fairly used to being put through the mill by the club.

Agreed. I've lived within 10 miles of Vicarage Road for many years and therefore have got to know numerous Watford fans pretty well. Generally a far better bunch than the Fake Hoop fans living in the area who, with a few exceptions, tend to be arrogant tossers, desperately trying to live off past glories. Our daughter also played for their Women's team for a few years so we got to know the club pretty well and the nice, family/community-orientated club image that they project is exactly what they are about.

However, I think they are now more a PL than Championship Club, evidenced by the way they were able to keep most of their squad post relegation, including a player worth £40M, and look likely to bounce straight back up. They've also managed to redevelop Vicarage Road over the past few years to make it more suited to top tier football.

Yeah +1.

Have a mate who lives in Brizzle who is a Watford fan. Was magnanimous yesterday and complimentary of Olise and Ejaria. Fair play to Watford as a club and fanbase.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 11 Apr 2021 08:54

RoyalBlue

I'm not sure. Our infrastructure off the pitch is comparable to theirs, and you could say the same for Palace and a couple of others too. These teams have just had some recent success and recruited well, like Stoke, Wigan, Bolton, Swansea and Blackburn did for a while. Realistically, they're only a few years of bad decision making from being at our level, and we're several years of good development behind them.

Most relegated sides can keep some of their best players for a year, but you have to go back up early otherwise you spend paying for it.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 18 Apr 2021 21:45

Has anyone had a look at the mood of the Barnsley fans after today's result - doom and gloom or still content as they are still in the play off places?

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 18 Apr 2021 22:11

morganb Has anyone had a look at the mood of the Barnsley fans after today's result - doom and gloom or still content as they are still in the play off places?

Mostly saying play offs are are still guaranteed

4464 posts