4464 posts
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Opposition fans back from the game

by Snowflake Royal » 20 Sep 2021 17:33

paultheroyal
Snowflake Royal
paultheroyal
Tell you what, you are really beginning to p!55 me right off.

You probably need to just get over it.

Not really when you hijack every post of mine or literally bring nothing to the table. Full of soundbites and full of shit.

Didn’t even quote you or mention you, you massive man baby.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 20 Sep 2021 18:42

Snowflake Royal
paultheroyal
Snowflake Royal You probably need to just get over it.

Not really when you hijack every post of mine or literally bring nothing to the table. Full of soundbites and full of shit.

You two need to bang or fight.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 20 Sep 2021 19:20

LUX no problem with Fulham, but was delighted we beat them. I also like Brentford. Less keen on QPR, but that has faded recently.

I think Leon's hatred of Fulham is a local issue.

And well documented. Suffice to say I had a very happy weekend.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 20 Sep 2021 19:22

Pepe the Horseman
Snowflake Royal
paultheroyal

You two need to bang or fight.

Involving a couple of SGGW

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 20 Sep 2021 22:41

LUX we are a bigger club than them, they would be horrified to read that, but it's true. We'd be getting more than them in the Premiership. And more if they were struggling with results in this league (ok there is a Premiership dividend vibe still going on for them).

And so we should , with their very small catchment area

Not sure I buy that. OK, they’ve got Chelsea on their doorstep, but Everton have Liverpool on theirs and still draw much bigger crowds than us. Easy to underestimate just how bloody big London is - it’s twenty times the size of Liverpool and something like forty-five times the size of Reading. SW London isn’t exactly Manhattan but it’s way denser than Berkshire.

Reading will draw from the surrounding counties but Fulham also draws a lot of people from Surrey and even a fair share from Berks and Bucks.

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 21 Sep 2021 04:09

SCIAG
LUX we are a bigger club than them, they would be horrified to read that, but it's true. We'd be getting more than them in the Premiership. And more if they were struggling with results in this league (ok there is a Premiership dividend vibe still going on for them).

Not sure I buy that. OK, they’ve got Chelsea on their doorstep, but Everton have Liverpool on theirs and still draw much bigger crowds than us. Easy to underestimate just how bloody big London is - it’s twenty times the size of Liverpool and something like forty-five times the size of Reading. SW London isn’t exactly Manhattan but it’s way denser than Berkshire.

Reading will draw from the surrounding counties but Fulham also draws a lot of people from Surrey and even a fair share from Berks and Bucks.

Trust me it never used to be like that. I remember going there in the old div 3 days in the early 80s and it was about 3-4 thousand they went down to the 4th division. And were there for a while until Micky Adams got them up. Then Al Fayed came in with his millions and the rest is history. I wonder if Richard Osman and Hugh Grant were fans in the 4th division days.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 21 Sep 2021 08:11

Jackson Corner
SCIAG

Trust me it never used to be like that. I remember going there in the old div 3 days in the early 80s and it was about 3-4 thousand they went down to the 4th division. And were there for a while until Micky Adams got them up. Then Al Fayed came in with his millions and the rest is history. I wonder if Richard Osman and Hugh Grant were fans in the 4th division days.

Plus they have QPR and Brentford to compete with. The latter very much resurgent over the last 5 years.

Middle class premier league arm chair fan Dads in SW London take their kids to Fulham as they think they are Liverpool, Arsenal or Chelsea and aren’t as scary as Brentford. ( :roll: )

The family stand at CC is like the Harrods crèche.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 21 Sep 2021 09:10

The 'family stand' doesn't exist any more, fwiw.

And I don't know about Grant, but Osman is a legit Fulham fan, had a chat with him at a game once about the pre Al-Fayed days (although not as far back as referenced above).
Last edited by Sanguine on 21 Sep 2021 09:13, edited 1 time in total.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 21 Sep 2021 09:12

Snowflake Royal
paultheroyal
Snowflake Royal You probably need to just get over it.

What is wrong with Paul these days? I swear he never used to be this aggressive and fighty? Sad to see.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 21 Sep 2021 09:26

Sanguine The 'family stand' doesn't exist any more, fwiw.

And I don't know about Grant, but Osman is a legit Fulham fan, had a chat with him at a game once about the pre Al-Fayed days (although not as far back as referenced above).

Closet Fulham fan? :shock:

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 21 Sep 2021 09:30

leon

No, but I sat in the press box for a game at Fulham game once and had a chat with Osman, who was in the row in front.

The family/mixed section was binned off when Fulham knocked down their old main stand.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 21 Sep 2021 09:40

NathStPaul
Snowflake Royal
paultheroyal

What is wrong with Paul these days? I swear he never used to be this aggressive and fighty? Sad to see.

Ian also had a point, not specifically Paul's post, but you can go on any BFTG thread and find quotes that drive whatever narrative you're pushing. Paul is definitely becoming more touchy and belligerent.
Last edited by From Despair To Where? on 21 Sep 2021 09:43, edited 1 time in total.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 21 Sep 2021 09:42

What is Fulham anyway? I thought it was a small place in Chelsea.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 21 Sep 2021 09:43

Sanguine
leon

No, but I sat in the press box for a game at Fulham game once and had a chat with Osman, who was in the row in front.

The family/mixed section was binned off when Fulham knocked down their old main stand.

Phew. That’s a shame about the family stand - such a vfm view.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 21 Sep 2021 10:37

Yes, Osman strikes me as that type of guy/fan.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 21 Sep 2021 11:54

RoyalBlue

Yes, Osman strikes me as that type of guy/fan.

His brother is the bassist from Suede.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 21 Sep 2021 12:13

From Despair To Where?
NathStPaul
Snowflake Royal Didn’t even quote you or mention you, you massive man baby.

Ian also had a point, not specifically Paul's post, but you can go on any BFTG thread and find quotes that drive whatever narrative you're pushing. Paul is definitely becoming more touchy and belligerent.

You can, but i am pushing no narrative because what i posted was a fair balance of all views i.e. we were crap, we were good, give reading credit, referee rubbish, shouldnt be losing to that club etc.... so the replies since have been utterly pointless and a typical Ian rant at my posts..... which continue.

I am not touchy, nor belligerent, just the bumbling fool managed to press my buttons. All is good but thanks for asking along with others x

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 21 Sep 2021 12:14

....says Paul being touchy, and it's not just been with Ian.....
Last edited by From Despair To Where? on 21 Sep 2021 12:15, edited 1 time in total.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 21 Sep 2021 12:15

From Despair To Where? ....says Paul being touchy....

Apologies for replying to your post.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 21 Sep 2021 12:16

Why? Have I touched a nerve?

4464 posts