by Hound » 17 Sep 2022 15:48

Good point on the season tickets

Know I went to some games where there was about 7k there

bakerlou

Re: Opposition fans back from the game

by bakerlou » 17 Sep 2022 18:02

Wigan

https://forums.vitalfootball.co.uk/thre ... 00.126815/

One or two Latics fans predicting a home win pre-match but tbf a small island of reason in a sea of Champo stupidity

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 17 Sep 2022 20:59

They go home with 3 points but they really are awful

Reading were almost as bad and both teams were utterly woeful in front of goal, albeit they missed more sitters than us.

Today was absolutely shite and neither side deserved a point but fair play to Reading and Paul Ince, his tactical change to give Tom Ince a free role in the second half ultimately won them the game.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 18 Sep 2022 08:02

Reading were almost as bad and both teams were utterly woeful in front of goal, albeit they missed more sitters than us.

This. Is this something that you can actually coach to improve on or is it just down to luck at the time? I look on it that the players are getting themselves into the right positions at the right time so eventually things should improve.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 18 Sep 2022 09:20

Sutekh

This. Is this something that you can actually coach to improve on or is it just down to luck at the time? I look on it that the players are getting themselves into the right positions at the right time so eventually things should improve.

By improve I assume you mean making an away win more relaxing

That’s not The Reading Way
:wink:

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 18 Sep 2022 10:21

Sutekh

Meite would score his effort fairly often imo. He's just back from injury so being a little rusty is forgiveable.

Hendrick has never been a goal scorer so unsurpised he missed his, and Ince isn't known for headers and came on to it fast, so a little forgiveable.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 18 Sep 2022 10:49

I think Hendricks was conscious of the defender in front of him so not as easy a chance as it looked. You'd expect a fully fit Meite to buy his chance but I thought the Ince chance was as near to a free header as you're likely to see and he had half the goal to aim at. Bad miss in my book but not going to dwell on it as he won the game for us.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 18 Sep 2022 11:08

Ince is being a bit harsh in all of this. The greatest players miss good chances so hardly surprising Championship standard players mess up. He was apparently screaming at Yaks after his miss. Can’t see how that helps Yak’s confidence in front of goal.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 18 Sep 2022 11:16

Tom was actually a bit unlucky, he headed it down like most players do but it bounced over the bar.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 18 Sep 2022 11:17

CountryRoyal
They go home with 3 points but they really are awful

Today was absolutely shite and neither side deserved a point but fair play to Reading and Paul Ince, his tactical change to give Tom Ince a free role in the second half ultimately won them the game.

Sour grapes from Latics fans. We deserved to win that, and probably more comfortably than 1-0.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 18 Sep 2022 11:19

And yet another team that put in their worse performance of the season against us and we were shit, we could win the league at this rate.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 18 Sep 2022 12:58

windermereROYAL And yet another team that put in their worse performance of the season against us and we were shit, we could win the league at this rate.

WIn the league on a negative GD

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 18 Sep 2022 14:47

tidus_mi2
windermereROYAL And yet another team that put in their worse performance of the season against us and we were shit, we could win the league at this rate.

WIn the league on a negative GD

Now that would be really impressive

Royality creeps In
Hob Nob Regular

by Royality creeps In » 18 Sep 2022 16:51

Bit like us last Wednesday :roll:

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 18 Sep 2022 17:16

I think all other clubs see us a home banker for 3 points, even Wigan, the equivalent of a qualifying group game against San Marino, so when we don’t roll over and have our tummies tickled it makes it worse for them to accept. Guaranteed that if Burnley or Norwich had turned up and scrapped their way to a 1-0 win their fans would be saying they had played well and were edged out by a team that’s just been relegated from the Prem but they matched them etc….

You’d think of all clubs Wigan fans would be used to being on the end of the same patronising shit we get. You are used to seeing the billy big balls clubs with their….need to be beating clubs like….insert “Reading” “Wigan” “Rotherham” “ Bristol City” “Huddersfield” “Preston”

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 19 Sep 2022 09:37

From Despair To Where? I think Hendricks was conscious of the defender in front of him so not as easy a chance as it looked. You'd expect a fully fit Meite to buy his chance but I thought the Ince chance was as near to a free header as you're likely to see and he had half the goal to aim at. Bad miss in my book but not going to dwell on it as he won the game for us.

Missed Hendricks chance live but saw the social media feedback etc and thought he's blazed over centrally with goal at his mercy - having seen it, that's not an easy chance - slightly wide of the goal with a defender flinging himself at you and keeper covering that side of the goal. The only way he scores there is by hitting the ball across himself, whilst it's moving at pace. A lot of strikers would struggle with that skill.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 19 Sep 2022 09:46

windermereROYAL Tom was actually a bit unlucky, he headed it down like most players do but it bounced over the bar.

Kind of bounced wide and high didn't it. Not convinced the direction he set it off on would have seen it go in with a slightly more favourable bounce. Was as close to an open goal/free header as you can ask for but hey ho, doesn't matter.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 19 Sep 2022 10:53

Sutekh

Confidence/sharpness can come down to it sometimes. Meite has only just returned from injury and is probably still lacking shaprness, particularly in front of goal and hasn't played much fooball in the last 12-16 months now really. Hendrick has never been known for his finishing anyway and they had a defender in close proximity, which probably made hin lift his effort higher. Ince's isn't great really, does the right things by looking to head it down but probably tried to direct it into the far corner too much. Having watched it back again, if he sticks to heading it down and the ball goes 6 inches either side of the goalkeeper and it probably goes in, easy to say in hindsight.

Ultimately, we had a little more quality than what they did.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 19 Sep 2022 11:49

Stranded
From Despair To Where? I think Hendricks was conscious of the defender in front of him so not as easy a chance as it looked. You'd expect a fully fit Meite to buy his chance but I thought the Ince chance was as near to a free header as you're likely to see and he had half the goal to aim at. Bad miss in my book but not going to dwell on it as he won the game for us.

Missed Hendricks chance live but saw the social media feedback etc and thought he's blazed over centrally with goal at his mercy - having seen it, that's not an easy chance - slightly wide of the goal with a defender flinging himself at you and keeper covering that side of the goal. The only way he scores there is by hitting the ball across himself, whilst it's moving at pace. A lot of strikers would struggle with that skill.

I don’t think he scores regardless, keeper well placed, and yes he's under pressure. But you really should force a save there.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 19 Sep 2022 11:58

Snowflake Royal
Stranded

I don’t think he scores regardless, keeper well placed, and yes he's under pressure. But you really should force a save there.

Yep, have to hit the target. Play percentages, far more likely to get a subsequent chance either falling to one of our players or being put out for a corner.

4464 posts