Opposition fans back from the game

4464 posts
paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Opposition fans back from the game

by paultheroyal » 09 Aug 2021 12:50

Reflections on the game having watched from stands. What a game their No.10 had, ran the midfield, made himself available all the time. Allen could keep track of him. He scored their first after shamble defending, took the corner for their second. When he went off ten minutes to go, we scored.

Not heard of him before, but would love to see him in our midfield and he’s only 26. Chelsea reject according to history. Go get him MON!

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 09 Aug 2021 12:51

paultheroyal
Reflections on the game having watched from stands. What a game their No.10 had, ran the midfield, made himself available all the time. Allen could keep track of him. He scored their first after shamble defending, took the corner for their second. When he went off ten minutes to go, we scored.

Not heard of him before, but would love to see him in our midfield and he’s only 26. Chelsea reject according to history. Go get him MON!

I'm not a big John Swift fan but he can do a lot better than Stoke.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 09 Aug 2021 17:32

paultheroyal

£5m please.

Fox Talbot
Hob Nob Regular

by Fox Talbot » 09 Aug 2021 22:43

Snowflake Royal
paultheroyal

£5m please.

They’re the guys who bought a one legged Sonko and a Kitson that didn’t work off us. Must have short memories.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 09 Aug 2021 23:14

NathStPaul
paultheroyal

:lol: How can you not be a big Swift fan? He's probably our only player who could walk into a Prem team. More so than Olise.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 10 Aug 2021 00:16

Jagermesiter1871
NathStPaul
paultheroyal

:lol: How can you not be a big Swift fan? He's probably our only player who could walk into a Prem team. More so than Olise.

Controversial. He’s good for this level but the notion he would walk into a prem team is a bit silly imho.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 10 Aug 2021 06:09

Swift is definitely good enough for the top flight but I don’t think he’d be an automatic starter for many clubs.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 10 Aug 2021 07:42

CountryRoyal
Jagermesiter1871
NathStPaul I'm not a big John Swift fan but he can do a lot better than Stoke.

Controversial. He’s good for this level but the notion he would walk into a prem team is a bit silly imho.

Given that Swift is injured so much it is a miracle he could walk anywhere.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 10 Aug 2021 08:01

Jagermesiter1871
NathStPaul
paultheroyal

:lol:

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 10 Aug 2021 08:33

NathStPaul
CountryRoyal
Jagermesiter1871

Given that Swift is injured so much it is a miracle he could walk anywhere.

Chuckle

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 10 Aug 2021 08:44

paultheroyal

Never heard of him before??

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 10 Aug 2021 08:48

Snowflake Royal
Jagermesiter1871
NathStPaul I'm not a big John Swift fan but he can do a lot better than Stoke.

He probably could walk into Watford's team tbf. And probably Brentford, and maybe a few others.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 10 Aug 2021 08:51

Hound
Snowflake Royal
Jagermesiter1871

He probably could walk into Watford's team tbf. And probably Brentford, and maybe a few others.

His body breaks playing Championship football, he goes missing whilst playing Championship football. What have you seen to suggest he can do it consistently in the Premier League? Genuine question.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 10 Aug 2021 08:52

Hound
Snowflake Royal
Jagermesiter1871

I think he gets into newly promoted sides/sides which have flirted with the bottom for the last few years.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 10 Aug 2021 09:27

Hendo
Hound
Snowflake Royal :lol:

I think he gets into newly promoted sides/sides which have flirted with the bottom for the last few years.

There's a few others too I'd say, Burnley (although unlikely to use him in his preffered role), Palace, Newcastle (unless Willock is signed) and would certainly feature for clubs like Southampton and West Ham who don't have a huge amount of experienced depth in CM beyond their starters.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 10 Aug 2021 09:31

NathStPaul
Hound
Snowflake Royal :lol:

His body breaks playing Championship football, he goes missing whilst playing Championship football. What have you seen to suggest he can do it consistently in the Premier League? Genuine question.

8 less games and the advantage of being a smaller fish in a bigger pond means you are less likely to be targeted with heavy tackles.
Last Sea we were the most fouled team weren't we? Players like Swift, Olise and Ejaria are less common in the Champ so are hit harder. Lots of "flair" players in the Prem I guess.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 10 Aug 2021 09:34

NewCorkSeth
Hendo
Hound

There's a few others too I'd say, Burnley (although unlikely to use him in his preffered role), Palace, Newcastle (unless Willock is signed) and would certainly feature for clubs like Southampton and West Ham who don't have a huge amount of experienced depth in CM beyond their starters.

Yeah Burnley were the team I was mainly thinking of.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 10 Aug 2021 09:36

NewCorkSeth
NathStPaul
Hound

8 less games and the advantage of being a smaller fish in a bigger pond means you are less likely to be targeted with heavy tackles.
Last Sea we were the most fouled team weren't we? Players like Swift, Olise and Ejaria are less common in the Champ so are hit harder. Lots of "flair" players in the Prem I guess.

His recent injuries all relate to the hamstring, nothing to do with being tackled.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/john-sw ... ler/197693

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 10 Aug 2021 09:38

NewCorkSeth
NathStPaul
Hound

Also, because of squad depth in the PL, more likely to rest him if he feels a niggle, as his replacement is less likely to be an untried Academy player. I think the relentless Tuesday Saturday Tuesday nature of the Championship does him no favours.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 10 Aug 2021 09:39

NathStPaul
NewCorkSeth
NathStPaul His body breaks playing Championship football, he goes missing whilst playing Championship football. What have you seen to suggest he can do it consistently in the Premier League? Genuine question.

His recent injuries all relate to the hamstring, nothing to do with being tackled.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/john-sw ... ler/197693

He does get dumped about quite a bit though so you could argue one leads to the other. I am just spitballing tbf.

4464 posts