Opposition fans back from the game

4486 posts
Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Opposition fans back from the game

by Top Flight » 22 Aug 2016 16:18

Is it? Did I get off lightly on the Brighton forum then.... Maybe I should have got more stick. I'm getting plenty here though.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 22 Aug 2016 16:25

Least he could have done is wished them all AIDS.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 22 Aug 2016 16:27

leon Least he could have done is wished them all AIDS.

No point, they've already got it.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 22 Aug 2016 16:44

jd82 TF is jay isn't he?
If it is, then he's evolved into proper sentences.

jd82
Hob Nob Addict

by jd82 » 22 Aug 2016 16:53

Forbury Lion
jd82 TF is jay isn't he?

We've all got to grow sometime Forbes, you might even work out the quote function one of these days!

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 22 Aug 2016 16:55

jd82
Forbury Lion
jd82 TF is jay isn't he?

We've all got to grow sometime Forbes, you might even work out the quote function one of these days!
[/quote]
Forbury Lion Unlikely
[/quote]

jd82
Hob Nob Addict

by jd82 » 22 Aug 2016 16:56

chuckle

Winchester Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Winchester Royal » 22 Aug 2016 17:20

Binfield Royal Stand out post for me because of the Irony (as the poster also has a link to his blog about homophobia which implies he is all about tolerance and acceptance etc) and because at the end, he sounds like a spoilt little queen.

0 Not allowed!
This is exactly why Reading are up in my top three despised teams. Every single time I've seen them play they've wasted time from the off, committed snide little fouls and some not so snide and their fans are relentlessly churlish.

That whole thing last season before our game with them "You might be top but that's because you haven't played any decent teams yet". Yes, Reading, because you lot are such a powerhouse in this division.

Hate them, hate them, hate them.

What was odd was that this is the comment that caused such consternation, in the prediction thread for last year's game. Hardly inflammatory.

Winchester Royal We'll be fired up to turn things around after the Fulham collapse, and Brighton havent played anybody really decent yet so their position at the top could be somewhat misleading. I think we'll win this one, not convincingly but with enough to offer some redemption for 10 minutes of madness at Craven Cottage. 3-2.

WAZZOCK

by WAZZOCK » 22 Aug 2016 18:06

That Top Flight post is an embarrassment.

Also, since when has France been in Southern Europe?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 22 Aug 2016 18:06

jd82
Silver Fox TF is jay isn't he?

would explain quite a lot tbh

Ahhh. that would definitely make sense.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 22 Aug 2016 18:09

WAZZOCK Top Flight is an embarrassment.

Also, since when has France been in Southern Europe?

Corrected.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 22 Aug 2016 20:52

Probably the most insecure fans in the league to obsess over a tinpot, nothing club like Reading.

It's almost as if they measure themselves against us.

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 22 Aug 2016 22:17

Given there are only four clubs that we have played more often in the league, familiarity breeds contempt?

FTR, AFC Bournemouth (104), Watford (100), Swindon and Millwall (both 92) are the four, although Swindon and Millwall will be caught by the end of this season.

Huckleberry Hound

by Huckleberry Hound » 22 Aug 2016 23:11

Binfield Royal anyone else remember Bobby Zamora throwing a football in the face of one of our ballboys in temper (ie, he meant it...)?

An ill timed tackle is one thing, but losing it and striking a minor...?

Stones and Glass Houses spring to mind.

Don't know about Zamora, but I do remember a ball boy being hit by a ball thrown from very close range by a Brighton fan a few years back.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 23 Aug 2016 00:08

handbags_harris Given there are only four clubs that we have played more often in the league, familiarity breeds contempt?

FTR, AFC Bournemouth (104), Watford (100), Swindon and Millwall (both 92) are the four, although Swindon and Millwall will be caught by the end of this season.

Interesting stuff handbags

East Grinstead Royal

by East Grinstead Royal » 23 Aug 2016 11:45

Winchester Royal
Binfield Royal Stand out post for me because of the Irony (as the poster also has a link to his blog about homophobia which implies he is all about tolerance and acceptance etc) and because at the end, he sounds like a spoilt little queen.

0 Not allowed!
This is exactly why Reading are up in my top three despised teams. Every single time I've seen them play they've wasted time from the off, committed snide little fouls and some not so snide and their fans are relentlessly churlish.

That whole thing last season before our game with them "You might be top but that's because you haven't played any decent teams yet". Yes, Reading, because you lot are such a powerhouse in this division.

Hate them, hate them, hate them.

What was odd was that this is the comment that caused such consternation, in the prediction thread for last year's game. Hardly inflammatory.

Winchester Royal We'll be fired up to turn things around after the Fulham collapse, and Brighton havent played anybody really decent yet so their position at the top could be somewhat misleading. I think we'll win this one, not convincingly but with enough to offer some redemption for 10 minutes of madness at Craven Cottage. 3-2.

Brighton not having played any of the "decent" sides at that time was a point well made - once they DID play the better sides, they slipped down the table fairly quickly.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 23 Aug 2016 11:59

Honestly I felt their little downturn was probably what stopped them slipping more than they did, it had got to the point where they were so focussed on maintaining their unbeaten start that they were drawing games a more adventurous side would have won. They did a lot better when they had the unbeaten record off their backs.

BR2
Hob Nob Regular

by BR2 » 23 Aug 2016 12:59

tidus_mi2 Honestly I felt their little downturn was probably what stopped them slipping more than they did, it had got to the point where they were so focussed on maintaining their unbeaten start that they were drawing games a more adventurous side would have won. They did a lot better when they had the unbeaten record off their backs.

I think they only missed out last season because Dunk missed 3 big games for them at the end of the season through suspension-such an important player for them.
This time I think (talking through my pocket here having backed them at 12/1) they have a stronger squad than last season and could well be in the shake-up.

BTW a very interesting fact from Handbags about familiarity-I seem to recall watching Gillingham a lot over the years but IIRC they may have only become a league club since just after the war so we may not have played them as much as those mentioned.

George_

by George_ » 24 Aug 2016 12:39

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Just after a chant of "AFC Wimbledon" like the utter Ultras they are we scored with an academy player. Granted we lost but if I were a Reading fan and I witnessed our fans doing that kinda shit I'd have walked out refusing to be seen alongside utter fools.

Sorry but any time I've come across Reading fans they've been total fools. They're even more MK Dons than we are.

angrybill501

by angrybill501 » 24 Aug 2016 18:33

rofl
Last edited by angrybill501 on 25 Aug 2016 07:39, edited 1 time in total.

4486 posts