Opposition fans back from the game

4464 posts
From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Opposition fans back from the game

by From Despair To Where? » 23 Feb 2022 07:55

Maybe having a history of stiffing creditors and not paying players makes people a little less willing to work for Derby on the promise of future payment.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 23 Feb 2022 08:00

Pepe the Horseman Derby fans had become quite humble as the plucky underdogs, but they're now back to their entitled selves. A week ago they thought it was just a matter of time before they caught us, and now they're looking for every excuse under the sun. Very belatedly whinging about us getting Drinkwater and suggesting Pauno didn't get a payout and Ince is working for free.

They should be delighted we got Drinkwater

St Pauli
Hob Nob Legend

by St Pauli » 23 Feb 2022 08:19

Silver Fox
Pepe the Horseman Derby fans had become quite humble as the plucky underdogs, but they're now back to their entitled selves. A week ago they thought it was just a matter of time before they caught us, and now they're looking for every excuse under the sun. Very belatedly whinging about us getting Drinkwater and suggesting Pauno didn't get a payout and Ince is working for free.

They should be delighted we got Drinkwater

Chuckle

BarryWhiteRFC

by BarryWhiteRFC » 23 Feb 2022 09:57

Preston's fans thoughts after our match on Saturday...

https://www.pne-online.net/forum/index.php?threads/match-day-pne-v-reading-19-02-22-ko-15-00-championship.3435533/

Add Andy Rinomhota to the growing list of defensive midfielders who have bullied Browne out of the game in recent weeks

For a team that couldn't buy a win Reading in the first half were very effective going forward only needing 2 or 3 short one touch passes to completely open us up for fun

Credit to Reading, they blocked off Whiteman from playing out from the back and minimised our opportunities to overload the flanks with a decent press. We lacked precision in our passing and adventure in our wingbacks.

Riis miss was horrific. Overall not a great performance from him and rightly hooked. Compare Riis to Lucas Joao, not a contest.

John Swift for them is outstanding.

reading keeper had more to do against Peterboro despite our' pressure'

Bauer was bossed in the first half by Jaoa

When speaking about Pauno going...
Makes perfect sense, he should have gone weeks ago. I suspect the Reading players knew and decided to put some effort in today.

I think we need to give Reading a little bit of credit rather slating the players. We don't have a divine right to win every game. Yes we were off it in first half but second half was encouraging. All of their goals were well crafted.

Well crafted ??

The first came from one of our players trying to pass the ball back into his own crowded penalty area instead of booting the ball clear, the second Johnson gave the ball straight to one of their players, the third read what happened for the second. Mistakes from our players contributed to all 3 of their goals.

PNE 2 - 3 John Swift ( no 10 ) Masterclass
nuff said .

How is John Swift still at Reading? Consistently one of the best midfielders in the league yet stays there

I put this in because it made me smile :)
I hate playing Reading btw

We couldn’t even get basics right - Reading were no big deal but we made them look like premier league outfit - I bet they couldn’t believe their luck.

I hate Reading and Gillingham. Two shitty cheeks of a fat hairy arse.

Can't be bothered to get anymore. If you want to read on, I got to page 47.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 23 Feb 2022 10:34

Slightly unrelated but saw on the Brum forum a thread about another stoppage at last nights Sunderland game due to a fan having a heart attack. They all seem to be slightly bemused and I've seen similar after player heart issues and other fan incidents. The primary blame (of course by the thickos) seems to be the vaccine. There doesn't seem to be many (if any) commenting the obvious that this is likely a result of the wide spread virus that affects organs that has been ripping through the country the last 2 years. Am I the only one who finds it weird that no one seems to be discussing the obvious?

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 23 Feb 2022 10:38

Nameless

I can see the latter 2 things being true. If Ince is on a ‘keep us up’ bonus it would be payable in the next financial year so much less significant for FFP.

Yeah, but that’s not how preparing a set of accounts works.
If there is a known commitment (a debt) it must be accounted for at the time it becomes a debt, not when it’s paid.
Given that the season will be over before the accounting year end (30th June), any ‘bonus’ would have to be shown in the accounts.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 23 Feb 2022 10:41

Jagermesiter1871 Slightly unrelated but saw on the Brum forum a thread about another stoppage at last nights Sunderland game due to a fan having a heart attack. They all seem to be slightly bemused and I've seen similar after player heart issues and other fan incidents. The primary blame (of course by the thickos) seems to be the vaccine. There doesn't seem to be many (if any) commenting the obvious that this is likely a result of the wide spread virus that affects organs that has been ripping through the country the last 2 years. Am I the only one who finds it weird that no one seems to be discussing the obvious?

I think most realise it's most likely due to covid but without finding out if everyone who had an event had previously contracted covid, they're sensible enough not to rush to any conclusions.

Meanwhile the most vocal ones are usually the anti-vaxxers who usually don't even have the balls to outright make their claim, usually making really obvious suggestions to blaming the vaccine without outright saying it.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 23 Feb 2022 11:02

Saw one Birmingham City opinion piece suggest they should go for Swift in the summer. How delusional are they?

TiagoIlori

by TiagoIlori » 23 Feb 2022 12:37

Which is funny as they were all boasting about how a betting company were covering most of Rooney’s 80 grand a week wages. I felt sorry for them, but those acting like babies over every little thing deserve to be stuck watching Derby in League One for a very long time.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 23 Feb 2022 13:02

WestYorksRoyal Saw one Birmingham City opinion piece suggest they should go for Swift in the summer. How delusional are they?

Gonna tough fighting it out with Bristol City for his signature.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 23 Feb 2022 13:16

Royal Ginger I don’t really see it as us against Derby. They’re going to catch us and pass us. I think our season hinges on chasing down Hull or not.

Why are people so convinced that Derby will go past us? Have you seen their away form. On current (and season long) form, they are likely to get 6 more points on the road - puts massive pressure on their home form - and 5 of their next 6, including tonight are away.

Of those away games they have to visit Luton, Bournemouth and Blackburn.

If they are in touch with us after this run, then they will have done very well.

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 23 Feb 2022 13:48

tidus_mi2
Jagermesiter1871 Slightly unrelated but saw on the Brum forum a thread about another stoppage at last nights Sunderland game due to a fan having a heart attack. They all seem to be slightly bemused and I've seen similar after player heart issues and other fan incidents. The primary blame (of course by the thickos) seems to be the vaccine. There doesn't seem to be many (if any) commenting the obvious that this is likely a result of the wide spread virus that affects organs that has been ripping through the country the last 2 years. Am I the only one who finds it weird that no one seems to be discussing the obvious?

I think most realise it's most likely due to covid but without finding out if everyone who had an event had previously contracted covid, they're sensible enough not to rush to any conclusions.

Meanwhile the most vocal ones are usually the anti-vaxxers who usually don't even have the balls to outright make their claim, usually making really obvious suggestions to blaming the vaccine without outright saying it.

Personally I suspect that there have always been these incidents, but in the past, they were rarely - if ever - commented on, whereas now, every incident is commented on.

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 23 Feb 2022 14:00

CountryRoyal
WestYorksRoyal Saw one Birmingham City opinion piece suggest they should go for Swift in the summer. How delusional are they?

Gonna tough fighting it out with Bristol City for his signature.

Like two dwarfs fighting in a pub car park.

6ft Kerplunk
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by 6ft Kerplunk » 23 Feb 2022 14:31

Mr Angry
tidus_mi2

Personally I suspect that there have always been these incidents, but in the past, they were rarely - if ever - commented on, whereas now, every incident is commented on.

Isn't it a new protocol that matches get stopped when there's a medical emergency in the crowd which is why its noticed these days?

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 23 Feb 2022 16:30

Surely if the latter points are true they should be admiring our good business practices!

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 23 Feb 2022 16:35

Franchise FC
Nameless

I can see the latter 2 things being true. If Ince is on a ‘keep us up’ bonus it would be payable in the next financial year so much less significant for FFP.

Yeah, but that’s not how preparing a set of accounts works.
If there is a known commitment (a debt) it must be accounted for at the time it becomes a debt, not when it’s paid.
Given that the season will be over before the accounting year end (30th June), any ‘bonus’ would have to be shown in the accounts.

Exactly. Any special payments would need to be far more subtle/underhand/disguised than that. Although I'm sure there's some politicians who would be able to suggest ways and means!

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 23 Feb 2022 17:20

6ft Kerplunk
Mr Angry
tidus_mi2 I think most realise it's most likely due to covid but without finding out if everyone who had an event had previously contracted covid, they're sensible enough not to rush to any conclusions.

Isn't it a new protocol that matches get stopped when there's a medical emergency in the crowd which is why its noticed these days?

Shame that being an idiot doesn't count as a medical emergency ... otherwise that goal would have been disallowed yesterday. :D

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 23 Feb 2022 18:08

6ft Kerplunk
Mr Angry
tidus_mi2 I think most realise it's most likely due to covid but without finding out if everyone who had an event had previously contracted covid, they're sensible enough not to rush to any conclusions.

That's what I thought. There used to be these things happen in the stands and play would carry-on regardless.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 23 Feb 2022 18:42

Stranded
Royal Ginger I don’t really see it as us against Derby. They’re going to catch us and pass us. I think our season hinges on chasing down Hull or not.

Why are people so convinced that Derby will go past us? Have you seen their away form. On current (and season long) form, they are likely to get 6 more points on the road - puts massive pressure on their home form - and 5 of their next 6, including tonight are away.

Of those away games they have to visit Luton, Bournemouth and Blackburn.

If they are in touch with us after this run, then they will have done very well.

Take away the points deductions and they are not close to fighting relegation. Also worth remembering that in early December they were 20 points behind us so the gap has been closing at a rapid pace.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 01 Apr 2022 10:23

New defender to go with the new goalie signed the other week, a player on loan from Chelsea, Tom Ince and Andy Carroll for 5 months . Embargo my arse. Can we have our centre half back who we had to give to Stoke please- the ones who've just been allowed a 180 million FFP get out of jail free card. bankers

4464 posts