Jason Roberts nearly back

732 posts
Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Jason Roberts nearly back

by Hoop Blah » 01 Nov 2013 19:43

Extended-Phenotype Yeah, what a git for abiding by the contract which was offered and agreed by his employer.

I don't blame him for doing it, but it does seem from afar that he's taking money under false pretences as I don't believe he's going to come back from this and so we're paying out for a player who should be retired on medical grounds.

He's within his rights to keep trying though.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 01 Nov 2013 19:53

Hoop Blah
Extended-Phenotype Yeah, what a git for abiding by the contract which was offered and agreed by his employer.

I don't blame him for doing it, but it does seem from afar that he's taking money under false pretences as I don't believe he's going to come back from this and so we're paying out for a player who should be retired on medical grounds.

He's within his rights to keep trying though.

And when he took the extension both he and the club would have probably thought there was a chance of his returning

It's amazing how many on here can make a definitive clinical diagnosis of his hip condition

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 01 Nov 2013 22:06

Who's making a diagnosis? I'm giving my opinion on a mid 30's professional being able to get back to fitness after quite a serious injury having already been out for some time. I've held that view for months, and I'd hazard a guess that the club share a similar viewpoint but can't do anything about it until the player is written off by either the player himself or the doctors concerned.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 04 Nov 2013 15:02

Currently doing #AskJason on twitter. Can't see that ending badly.

Haag Royal

by Haag Royal » 06 Nov 2013 16:54

I assume it's me but the squad I have just seen a picture of on Twitter from 1974-75 was 19 strong and if I recall, when they got injured it was proper injuries like broken legs etc..otherwise they seemed to play on.

Why are we now seeing these ridiculously named injuries such as "impact bruising" and "soft tissue displacement" etc....

I think they should all toughen up a bit.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 06 Nov 2013 17:08

A bit like racism you can't really say whether or not there is an issue unless you experience it yourself so if we get a some football boots and stamp on your foot then you can tell us whether it hurts or not and whether players should just "toughen up a bit".

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 22 Nov 2013 12:08

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 29 Dec 2013 12:12

Jason Roberts ‏@JasonRoberts30 2h
I have had a tough few days after another injury setback which has seen me back in the gym..but..we fight on!!!

Another set back for Jason Roberts

AirRaidSiren
Hob Nob Regular

by AirRaidSiren » 29 Dec 2013 12:18

Royal Ginger Jason Roberts ‏@JasonRoberts30 2h
I have had a tough few days after another injury setback which has seen me back in the gym..but..we fight on!!!

:roll:

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 29 Dec 2013 12:31

AirRaidSiren

I posted this on the 23rd December. Jason's right on que as predicted.
Oilroyal Jason Roberts has been dining out on a decent half a season with this club and credit where credit's due he was excellent for us way back in the day but he's been swinging the lead ever since. He hardly kicked a ball for us in the promotion season, the season he took up his extension option and then there's this season where's he's been 100% media-side. The truth is that it's too political to confront Roberts and out him. The club could do without the negative media attention that Roberts could and would create. Jason will no doubt tweet or announce that he's making good progress on his fitness as soon as he knows people are questioning the situation just as he did the last time his Reading FC pension was a hot topic. The man is a skilful politician and due to his media voice on all topics with the exception of him putting in a shift for Reading FC he will continue to mug off this club. Come on Jason do the decent thing!

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 29 Dec 2013 13:56

Oilroyal
AirRaidSiren

I posted this on the 23rd December. Jason's right on que as predicted.
Oilroyal Jason Roberts has been dining out on a decent half a season with this club and credit where credit's due he was excellent for us way back in the day but he's been swinging the lead ever since. He hardly kicked a ball for us in the promotion season, the season he took up his extension option and then there's this season where's he's been 100% media-side. The truth is that it's too political to confront Roberts and out him. The club could do without the negative media attention that Roberts could and would create. Jason will no doubt tweet or announce that he's making good progress on his fitness as soon as he knows people are questioning the situation just as he did the last time his Reading FC pension was a hot topic. The man is a skilful politician and due to his media voice on all topics with the exception of him putting in a shift for Reading FC he will continue to mug off this club. Come on Jason do the decent thing!

Pay his contract off and get shot of him. Apppears to be offering us precious little now and when he does open his mouth it's usually in relation to his media work or to spout off about monkeys and astronauts rather than to help his main employer i.e. RFC.

super darren caskey
Hob Nob Regular

by super darren caskey » 29 Dec 2013 14:30

[/quote]Apppears to be offering us precious little now and when he does open his mouth it's usually in relation to his media work or to spout off about monkeys[/quote]

Racist

I need to learn how to use the quoting thingy better

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 29 Dec 2013 14:38

Roberts will squeeze every penny he can out of this club before he oxfords off.

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 29 Dec 2013 14:43

Royal Ginger Jason Roberts has given a rough time frame on his return to fitness on twitter:

@smudgerfc: @JasonRoberts30 When will you be fit?”//3-6 Weeks away now...I can see the finish line... http://wp.me/p3ALe5-2L

That puts him back in full training around Brighton, Leeds, Derby, Birmingham time (September), and possibly selectable Doncaster/Millwall-ish in October?

I'm personally of the view that i'd like to see him get a chance as soon as he's ready, but he's a self confessed 4-4-2 man.

Maybe Roberts is targeting September 2014 to help renegotiate a further contract extension!

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 29 Dec 2013 14:47

Oilroyal
Royal Ginger Jason Roberts has given a rough time frame on his return to fitness on twitter:

@smudgerfc: @JasonRoberts30 When will you be fit?”//3-6 Weeks away now...I can see the finish line... http://wp.me/p3ALe5-2L

That puts him back in full training around Brighton, Leeds, Derby, Birmingham time (September), and possibly selectable Doncaster/Millwall-ish in October?

I'm personally of the view that i'd like to see him get a chance as soon as he's ready, but he's a self confessed 4-4-2 man.

Maybe Roberts is targeting September 2014 to help renegotiate a further contract extension!

He'll announce his retirement before then.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 29 Dec 2013 14:53

super darren caskey
Apppears to be offering us precious little now and when he does open his mouth it's usually in relation to his media work or to spout off about monkeys[/quote]

Racist

I need to learn how to use the quoting thingy better[/quote]

I presume the racist thing was a piss-take. However, if it wasn't, only someone with an ego as large and a brain so small as Roberts could have read anything racist into that joke. If he'd bothered to do his research before spouting off, he'd have found out what the origins of the joke were i.e. NASA taking the piss out of their astronauts and the fact that they couldn't be trusted to do things on the space flights!

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 29 Dec 2013 14:56

Good to hear that he's persevering despite these set backs. If only some of the other players who are lucky enough to be playing atm would show such a determined attitude to try to play for RFC.

howser
Hob Nob Regular

by howser » 29 Dec 2013 15:00

Albeit he was one of the hero's of the promotion season time must have come to draw a line under this on going injury saga and negotiate his release, this can't keep going on.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 03 Jan 2014 19:34

sandman Good to hear that he's persevering despite these set backs. If only some of the other players who are lucky enough to be playing atm would show such a determined attitude to try to play for RFC.

You are kidding?!

Whilst us everyday folk have to pay for gym membership, Jason Roberts gets paid a high sum to use the facilities at Reading fc thanks to you, the fans.

Don't you feel mugged off?

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 03 Jan 2014 19:41

No Fixed Abode
sandman Good to hear that he's persevering despite these set backs. If only some of the other players who are lucky enough to be playing atm would show such a determined attitude to try to play for RFC.

You are kidding?!

Whilst us everyday folk have to pay for gym membership, Jason Roberts gets paid a high sum to use the facilities at Reading fc thanks to you, the fans.

Don't you feel mugged off?

:|

No.

732 posts