Jason Roberts nearly back

732 posts
Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Jason Roberts nearly back

by Extended-Phenotype » 02 Apr 2014 16:36

Nah, I get the frustration. I just think its life. We signed a contract, he's taking his contracted pay. Dunno what the fuss is about, especially considering he did a good job while he was playing. I'd sign another Jason Roberts over the shit up front we've had since.

I reckon there is only beef because he's ruffled a few feathers with his stance on racism.

Hampshire Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Hampshire Royal » 02 Apr 2014 16:38

Don't get me wrong, BR, I've a lot of time for Murty (we Middlesbrough-born folk tend to stick together). Surely, while Roberts is on a professional contract, he is still eligible to be a member of the PFA. I don't know how long his course took, or indeed what form it took. I've been a company director since 2000 and have absolutely no qualifications for it!
How is it that other people express an opinion on this forum, but I am 'Lecturing to people'? All I was doing was expressing my opinion in my own particular way, and if that wound up RL - then great! (She seems to take a great delight in winding other people up (E-P, for example).

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 02 Apr 2014 16:41

You didn't wind me up m8 - other people are far better at it than you.

Hampshire Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Hampshire Royal » 02 Apr 2014 16:41

Extended-Phenotype Nah, I get the frustration. I just think its life. We signed a contract, he's taking his contracted pay. Dunno what the fuss is about, especially considering he did a good job while he was playing. I'd sign another Jason Roberts over the shit up front we've had since.

I reckon there is only beef because he's ruffled a few feathers with his stance on racism.

See, there's always someone that can say better what I want to say.

Hampshire Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Hampshire Royal » 02 Apr 2014 16:42

Royal Lady You didn't wind me up m8 - other people are far better at it than you.

I wasn't trying to wind you up, can't actually be bothered.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 02 Apr 2014 16:43

She didn't wind me up, was just daydreaming of a thread that didn't have RL on it arguing about Jason Roberts.

BR2
Hob Nob Regular

by BR2 » 02 Apr 2014 16:50

Hampshire Royal Don't get me wrong, BR, I've a lot of time for Murty (we Middlesbrough-born folk tend to stick together). Surely, while Roberts is on a professional contract, he is still eligible to be a member of the PFA. I don't know how long his course took, or indeed what form it took. I've been a company director since 2000 and have absolutely no qualifications for it!
How is it that other people express an opinion on this forum, but I am 'Lecturing to people'? All I was doing was expressing my opinion in my own particular way, and if that wound up RL - then great! (She seems to take a great delight in winding other people up (E-P, for example).

Nice to have you back. :wink:

Hampshire Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Hampshire Royal » 02 Apr 2014 17:22

Hi BR! I don't actually contribute to this forum very much now. I can't get to as many games as I'd like to, so don't really feel qualified to comment on how the team is playing and what-not. The last game I saw was the Millwall game, and we looked OK, but a bit flawed, in that. I've got Sky, so can catch a few highlights and stuff!
Whatever happened to the days when people like Alf Smith owned football clubs?

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 02 Apr 2014 17:43

Hampshire Royal Hi BR! I don't actually contribute to this forum very much now. I can't get to as many games as I'd like to, so don't really feel qualified to comment on how the team is playing and what-not. The last game I saw was the Millwall game, and we looked OK, but a bit flawed, in that. I've got Sky, so can catch a few highlights and stuff!
Whatever happened to the days when people like Alf Smith owned football clubs?

I think on here you do get a flavour of what is going on ,albeit that people can see no wrong in certain players and fans see games totally different from others.
I still go to all the home games but have lost a bit of interest so away games are now few and far between not only because of the way the team is playing but also the crazy cost of petrol when my starting point is 80 miles or so south-west of Reading.
Bournemouth away is on my doorstep next Tuesday night so I am praying for a good result and performance by us for the sake of personal image and the fortunes of the club of course.

As a general comment I think next year will show us whether Adkins is worth persevering with if and when he gets his own players in.
Apologies to other posters for taking up space to catch up with an old friend who remembers the game from a forgone era when people hardly knew who the owners or even managers were until, in our case, FA Cup captain Harry Johnstone became our manager followed by Roy Bentley , a much capped England player.
Now we get a little bald bloke ex-Slough Town and a physio late of Scunthorpe-we have come down in the world in some respects but majorly up in the world in others.

Mr.Swainey

by Mr.Swainey » 02 Apr 2014 18:42

I just hope we can get rid of the likes of Karacan and Leigertwood because they are NOT seen at every game, and we are paying them a wage when we shouldn't be despite their injuries.

:lol:

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 02 Apr 2014 18:57

Well. When can flames sell herbalife if he's wasting his time at games?

seahawk10
Hob Nob Regular
Location: One kick. A royal kick! There's more in Reading yet!

by seahawk10 » 03 Apr 2014 20:41

This might be interesting to some, Steve Nash is in a similar spot as Jason Roberts but he is honest about why he won't walk away from his fully guaranteed contract. But he is also making a genuine effort to play again:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f60uvx2v_Ys#t=6m10s

732 posts