Team for Newcastle U21s (home)

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Team for Newcastle U21s (home)

by maffff » 13 Aug 2013 11:06

P!ssed Off I would imagine Obita will get a lot of game time this season. Taylor, Samuel and Ugwu should also get a few chances in the league.
Tshibola and Cooper are both younger, I could see them breaking through next season though.
Probably time for Cummings and D'Ath to move on in fairness.

Good write up. On this bit I'd maybe add Tanner to the next season too.

Aaron Kuhl I'd imagine being a couple of seasons off, but when I've seen him he's normally been one of the classiest players on the pitch and covered anchoring the 'Ledge role' someone was talking about. Being just 17 he could have a good 2/3 years to continue developing before we'd expect to see an impact.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 13 Aug 2013 13:07

High time we sold Cummings to be fair.. He just will never make it in our team! Who do we have defensively thats good? apart from Hector?

Sport Economist

by Sport Economist » 13 Aug 2013 13:22

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 13 Aug 2013 13:29

Who is master T?

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 13 Aug 2013 14:09

NewCorkSeth Who is master T?

Bigirimana

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 13 Aug 2013 17:31

P!ssed Off
ZacNaloen I thought griffin was the one who got caught with the ball to hand for the pen.

It was Cooper according to the official match report. :?
http://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/article ... 82024.aspx

Yeah, I was fairly certain it was Cooper. I also didn't think it was remotely handball.

NewCorkSeth High time we sold Cummings to be fair.. He just will never make it in our team! Who do we have defensively thats good? apart from Hector?

Cummings is fourth choice full back right now. If we get an injury then we'll need him on the bench, unless we want to risk playing someone out of position.

Our young defenders who played lots of U18 football in their first year:
Hector- centre back who can play right back, older and more experienced than the others. Strong and quick.
Arnold- attacking right back, very quick (think Shane Long). Currently on loan at Wycombe. Spent a year out with serious injury.
Partridge- centre back, reads the game well and takes some set pieces, not the strongest, and has been played in midfield and at full back. IMO our best young centre back since Pearce.
Sweeney- centre back signed from Bray, stronger than Partridge but not as technical. I haven't seen very much of him tbf.
Cooper- giant centre back, a good passer, but a bit suspect when attackers run at him.
Keown- right back who can play centre back. Solid at right back, if a bit defensive, but not a potential first teamer at centre back.
Griffin- left back. Good going forward, fits in well with the style our youth sides use, but some issues defensively.
Hyam- big centre back, not quite as big as Cooper but still a threat at set pieces
Stacey- versatile player who IMO is best as an attacking right back, like Arnold.

IMO about half of those will have professional careers, though not necessarily with us.

There are a few others with U18 experience like Dickie, Long and McClennan who will probably get senior contracts, and there's a new crop of U18s that most people haven't seen at all

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 13 Aug 2013 19:03

SCIAG Cummings is fourth choice full back right now. If we get an injury then we'll need him on the bench, unless we want to risk playing someone out of position.

Hector- centre back who can play right back, older and more experienced than the others. Strong and quick.
Arnold- attacking right back, very quick (think Shane Long). Currently on loan at Wycombe. Spent a year out with serious injury.
Partridge- centre back, reads the game well and takes some set pieces, not the strongest, and has been played in midfield and at full back. IMO our best young centre back since Pearce.
Sweeney- centre back signed from Bray, stronger than Partridge but not as technical. I haven't seen very much of him tbf.
Cooper- giant centre back, a good passer, but a bit suspect when attackers run at him.
Keown- right back who can play centre back. Solid at right back, if a bit defensive, but not a potential first teamer at centre back.
Griffin- left back. Good going forward, fits in well with the style our youth sides use, but some issues defensively.
Hyam- big centre back, not quite as big as Cooper but still a threat at set pieces
Stacey- versatile player who IMO is best as an attacking right back, like Arnold.

IMO about half of those will have professional careers, though not necessarily with us.

There are a few others with U18 experience like Dickie, Long and McClennan who will probably get senior contracts, and there's a new crop of U18s that most people haven't seen at all

Thanks! great write up! I just meant Cummings is never gonna get a place in the team! we would need to sign a new full back before letting him go but letting him go is something we should be considering.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 13 Aug 2013 19:44

NewCorkSeth
SCIAG Cummings is fourth choice full back right now. If we get an injury then we'll need him on the bench, unless we want to risk playing someone out of position.

Thanks! great write up! I just meant Cummings is never gonna get a place in the team! we would need to sign a new full back before letting him go but letting him go is something we should be considering.

Disagree. Why would we get rid only to take someone else? Name a better 3rd choice RB in the league. There is no way we could replace at the same standard. We should hold on as long as he's willing to stay.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 13 Aug 2013 19:58

Royal Ginger
Disagree. Why would we get rid only to take someone else? Name a better 3rd choice RB in the league. There is no way we could replace at the same standard. We should hold on as long as he's willing to stay.

Umm well i would like him replaced with a new left back as our only left back in 31.. as for naming a better 3rd choice right back do you mean another teams 3rd choice or do you mean one who would be our 3rd choice?

Cypry

by Cypry » 13 Aug 2013 20:07

NewCorkSeth
Royal Ginger

Umm well i would like him replaced with a new left back as our only left back in 31.. as for naming a better 3rd choice right back do you mean another teams 3rd choice or do you mean one who would be our 3rd choice?

Bridge is a shoe in to start most games this year, but in the event of injury, Kelly has already shown he can play at LB, and Cummings played there as well during pre-season. Cummings was fine last time round in the Championship, don't really see why he needs to be hipped out now...

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 13 Aug 2013 20:11

Cypry
Bridge is a shoe in to start most games this year, but in the event of injury, Kelly has already shown he can play at LB, and Cummings played there as well during pre-season. Cummings was fine last time round in the Championship, don't really see why he needs to be hipped out now...

Ahh but I like many others believe Kelly was half as effective as a left back! Our second choice right back is the same person as our second choice left back...
Our third choice right back is also our third choice left back...
So to sacrifice our third choice right back for a second choice left back makes perfect sense! That way we would have 2 for both positions without interchanging and they would be naturally suited to their own positions.

mambo3

by mambo3 » 13 Aug 2013 22:19

Cause they think he's not good enough?

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 14 Aug 2013 00:31

NewCorkSeth
Royal Ginger

Any other team in our league or below that has a 3rd choice RB willing to fight for a place on the bench only who is as good as Cummings. I'm pretty sure there isn't one. Anyone we replaced him with would be of a poorer quality, top notch back-up.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 14 Aug 2013 11:28

Royal Ginger
Any other team in our league or below that has a 3rd choice RB willing to fight for a place on the bench only who is as good as Cummings. I'm pretty sure there isn't one. Anyone we replaced him with would be of a poorer quality, top notch back-up.

Yes but replacing our third choice right back with a second choice left back makes perfect sense! We could prob get close to a million for Cummings as many other teams would recognise those qualities you mentioned! but Gunter and Kelly are just of a better quality than him

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 14 Aug 2013 11:45

cummings has more potential imo

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 14 Aug 2013 13:56

Just watched the !0 minutes of highlights from the game that Reading uploaded onto Youtube! Great stuff!
We have a fantastic U21 side! That was really exciting football was anyone at the game? I know very little about Ugwu but he looked a class act! I am continually impressed by our academy! I thought Henly looked pretty decent too! I can see what someone was saying about Dom possibly being a bit selfish But I think he along with many others in that squad should be looking for a few first team games this season. Obita in particular.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 14 Aug 2013 15:43

http://www.youtube.com/embed/mgwpqEYfCk4?list=UU2q3yt0x2irVXrLfeGPv-IA

must say - alot of the play there is very impressive indeed

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 14 Aug 2013 16:16

NewCorkSeth Just watched the !0 minutes of highlights from the game that Reading uploaded onto Youtube! Great stuff!
We have a fantastic U21 side! That was really exciting football was anyone at the game? I know very little about Ugwu but he looked a class act! I am continually impressed by our academy! I thought Henly looked pretty decent too! I can see what someone was saying about Dom possibly being a bit selfish But I think he along with many others in that squad should be looking for a few first team games this season. Obita in particular.

Please see first 3 pages of this thread.

Also: Haven't watched the 10 minute highlights, but during the 90 mins Henly was our least involved player (no fault of his own, Newcastle just didn't have many clear cut chances). Impossible to judge his keeping abilities from this one particular game, his kicking wasn't very good though.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 14 Aug 2013 16:20

Apologies.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 14 Aug 2013 16:28

This NewCorkSeth oxf*rd uses too many exclamation marks for my liking. Is he one of those constantly happy oxf*rd for no reason? Or hes gay.