Blackpool (A) - Match Thread sponsored by a day at the sea

364 posts
sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Blackpool (A) - Match Thread sponsored by a day at the s

by sandman » 24 Aug 2013 20:07

Royal91 Sandman spies on McDermott from a tree at night. His obsession has become uncontrollable!!

Kind of like your obsession with me then.

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

by Westwood52 » 24 Aug 2013 20:28

Am I missing the bleeding obvious here or something-why aren't Marriapa and Williams(to start) playing ? TBF though even Adkins knows we need a striker of proven quality-where are they though -certainly not some Ghanaian reject. Roberts may be the answer-but exactly what shape is he in ? The selection for the Posh game maybe critical-if the players Adkins doesn't rate play against Yeovil and turn it on ; Jimmy, Mapps, Kelly etc maybe we will be off and running.

AirRaidSiren
Hob Nob Regular

by AirRaidSiren » 24 Aug 2013 20:46

Woodcote Royal
Royal91 Sandman spies on McDermott from a tree at night. His obsession has become uncontrollable!!

That tree or the place where Adkin's brown nosers reside..................tough one, not.

You really do act like a spoilt 12yr old. Waaaaaaa!!

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 24 Aug 2013 21:30

FAO Floyd

These are your Team Board posters, these are.

King van der Kwaak

by King van der Kwaak » 24 Aug 2013 21:40

If one early-season defeat against a team expected not to challenge for promotion - good start notwithstanding - is the catalyst for the manager to learn where we need to improve in our play, and to work out the best formation and the players to fit that formation effectively AND for the players who are not performing as well to take stock on how they can improve their game............ then I'll quite happily accept a defeat.

It will be more galling if nothing is learnt from today's loss.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 24 Aug 2013 21:56

Westwood52 Am I missing the bleeding obvious here or something-why aren't Marriapa and Williams(to start) playing ? TBF though even Adkins knows we need a striker of proven quality-where are they though -certainly not some Ghanaian reject. Roberts may be the answer-but exactly what shape is he in ? The selection for the Posh game maybe critical-if the players Adkins doesn't rate play against Yeovil and turn it on ; Jimmy, Mapps, Kelly etc maybe we will be off and running.

Agree with a lot of this. Mariappa has to come in for Morrisson and Willams has to start, either for Karacan or as that attacking midfielder we are desperately missing.

Robson-Kanu is not the answer nor is Blackman.

Spend the money on a special number 10, has to be out there somewhere. Need a real box to box attacking flair midfielder.

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 24 Aug 2013 22:08

Pandoras Box "BBtBB says"
Worst mistake today was not playing the same 11 that started last week.....

Exactly. Last week, first half, played great and took apart a team expecting to be in automatic play offs.
This week playing a team with nowhere near the same ability - so why not put the same team out?

While agree that Blackpool are unlikely to finish ahead of Watford, they are currently top of the league. I'm disappointed, but I've no idea why people seem to think Blackpool is a place where anything other than victory is a poor result.

We're learning to play a new style, and sadly that's going to include a number of games like today where it's still a work in progress. The gap between our best and worst is going to be pretty wide.

kwik-silva
Hob Nob Regular

by kwik-silva » 24 Aug 2013 22:21

tmesis

Exactly. Last week, first half, played great and took apart a team expecting to be in automatic play offs.
This week playing a team with nowhere near the same ability - so why not put the same team out?

While agree that Blackpool are unlikely to finish ahead of Watford, they are currently top of the league. I'm disappointed, but I've no idea why people seem to think Blackpool is a place where anything other than victory is a poor result.

True, but they have only beaten Doncaster and Barnsley, lost to Preston and drawn with 'boro. It's really a game we should be winning if you think we should be promotion contenders.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 24 Aug 2013 22:49

We need a couple of good proven strikers and someone in midfield who can spot an opportunity to split defences open

We do not need players who are not good enough for where we want to be or a manager fiddling about with formations every week trying to stop the opposition rather than trying to get us playing to our strengths.

Not sure about our defence either, something seems to be missing in that area, perhaps it's experience perhaps it's speed of thought, I don't know exactly but it's costing us too many ****** stupid goals.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 24 Aug 2013 23:22

All summer to sign a striker.....and then we start Blackman on his own up front ahead of ALF and Pog? LOL, f*ck off.

2 wins from 12 under Adkins. The quietest revolution I've ever known.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 24 Aug 2013 23:27

floyd__streete All summer to sign a striker.....and then we start Blackman on his own up front ahead of ALF and Pog? LOL, f*ck off.

+100000000

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

by Big Ern » 25 Aug 2013 00:15

If I remember correctly, we lost 1-0 to Blackpool last time we got promoted. Still a long way to go so not too worried. We should all know it is about a strong finish to he season more Han anything in the Chump.

I am sure we will get a striker in before the window thunderously slams shut with the wrath of the gods.

kwik-silva
Hob Nob Regular

by kwik-silva » 25 Aug 2013 00:25

Big Ern If I remember correctly, we lost 1-0 to Blackpool last time we got promoted. Still a long way to go so not too worried. We should all know it is about a strong finish to he season more Han anything in the Chump.

I am sure we will get a striker in before the window thunderously slams shut with the wrath of the gods.

We did. We also started a lot worse than this. I'm excited for when everything finally clicks. Six goals in four games isn't terrible but we just need to be more consistent.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 25 Aug 2013 00:46

Big Ern If I remember correctly, we lost 1-0 to Blackpool last time we got promoted. Still a long way to go so not too worried. We should all know it is about a strong finish to he season more Han anything in the Chump.

David Mooney is 4 goals in 4 games...

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

by Big Ern » 25 Aug 2013 01:06

Royal Ginger

David Mooney is 4 goals in 4 games...

I hope we are scouting him at the very least, if not then maybe Gary Alexander is available.

PerthPom2013

by PerthPom2013 » 25 Aug 2013 05:34

tmesis

We're learning to play a new style, and sadly that's going to include a number of games like today where it's still a work in progress. The gap between our best and worst is going to be pretty wide.

I know the team is going to take time to get used to our new style of football and it's still early days but what I can't help but be disappointed about is that we were playing a team who were struggling to put a squad together in the summer. Who also were playing without their best player and a number of other key players in their team yesterday and we still managed to lose. This quote from Ince sums up why I can't help but be disappointed.

"It wasn't the greatest game but when you've got 20 minutes to go and you've got a midfielder at right-back, a left-back on the wing, a striker in midfield, we didn't let it bother us.

"Ideally, if I had a full strength squad Tom Barkhuizen might not have been on the bench. I told him to enjoy the moment and don't think about it too much.

QPR also played in a pretty rubbish game of football yesterday and were no way near their best and they still came away with three points against a team that we struggled to get a draw against.

Pandoras Box

by Pandoras Box » 25 Aug 2013 09:01

Yeh, we know its a hiccough and early days -All I'm saying is last week we had a fantastic first half - but then made changes (as did Watford) which ended in a draw from a good position. This week, more changes and a loss. What are we after ? The best team - but we spend all season changing, and might never find it, or stick out the team that proved we could get a result?
Now someone will say - find the best team so we will survive in the Prem., but without the results we'll never get there anyway. I mean how many combinations of the squad can we try, and when will we know which is the best? We see someone play poorly and he's on again next week - someone plays a blinder and he sits on the bench again.
Remember 14 points separated play offs and relegation last year - if Anton wants promotion you can't have too many days like these.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 25 Aug 2013 10:01

PerthPom2013 QPR also played in a pretty rubbish game of football yesterday and were no way near their best and they still came away with three points against a team that we struggled to get a draw against.

Struggled to get a draw against? In that game we dominated and should have one? Yeh, good one.

westongeezer

by westongeezer » 25 Aug 2013 10:08

The hardest thing for me, the fact I spent 12 hours fking travelling to what is a shit hole of a ground, we had arguably the strongest squad and bench in the Championship and some would say some of the best players around at this time too, and we play like that dross we showed Sat, lacked passion and desire, we lacked shape and Blackpool pulled us to bits at times and they where crap, HRK was on the pitch far to long, we had Williams sat on the bench why ffs! and also an absence of Mariappa which defies logic.....And Blackman! fking useless he's clearly Adkins love child why else would be on the pitch ...rant over I don't want to see another train for atleast a year...

PerthPom2013

by PerthPom2013 » 25 Aug 2013 10:39

Pepe the Horseman
PerthPom2013 QPR also played in a pretty rubbish game of football yesterday and were no way near their best and they still came away with three points against a team that we struggled to get a draw against.

Struggled to get a draw against? In that game we dominated and should have one? Yeh, good one.

Ok, struggled is probably not the best way of describing it! But we were 1-0 down, only equalised via a penalty and they had a penalty decision turned down (very similar to ours) and hit the inside of the post! I'm not denying we dominated the play but that means nothing if you don't put the ball in the net! All I'm saying is I'm pretty disappointed we lost against a team I think we should be doing better against considering their situation that's all.

364 posts