Blackman

Royals1871J

Blackman

by Royals1871J » 27 Aug 2013 15:39

Can't really understand what everyone's problem with him is. Holds up the ball well and plays well as a target man. I think he is our new scapegoat much like Jobi and Ledge were last season.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Blackman

by NewCorkSeth » 27 Aug 2013 15:44

Cock end.

YateleyRoyal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Either screwing or working, so the grind don't stop

by YateleyRoyal » 27 Aug 2013 15:44

Good thread. Good post.

Fcuk off newbie.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 27 Aug 2013 15:55

Royals1871J Can't really understand what everyone's problem with him is. Holds up the ball well and plays well as a target man. I think he is our new scapegoat much like Jobi and Ledge were last season.

Think it's to do with him being a black man.

Paul Cowin

by Paul Cowin » 27 Aug 2013 16:11

Nice try joining Hobnob to big yourself up Mr. Blackman.

Fact is...you are just not good enough at this level.

kwik-silva
Hob Nob Regular

by kwik-silva » 27 Aug 2013 16:38

Against Watford he lost the ball almost every time it was played into him. He's only 23 so I'm hoping he's gonna develop into a better player. He took his penalty against Bolton well, and he's hit a couple of good crosses but I'm still holding out overall judgment at this level. I'll judge him when I have more data available.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 27 Aug 2013 16:45

Royals1871J Can't really understand what everyone's problem with him is. Holds up the ball well and plays well as a target man. I think he is our new scapegoat much like Jobi and Ledge were last season.

I agree. Nick Blackman is by far our most dangerous player on the pitch.
Every time he gets the ball it looks as if he's about to unleash an unstoppable shot at goal.
One can only hope we win another penalty in the next ten or so games so he can once again demonstrate the 'Nick Blackman cool as a cucumber finish' that we have all come to know and love.

moonwalklikebas

by moonwalklikebas » 27 Aug 2013 16:49

The fans like myself who went to Blackpool will agree that he was our stand out player.
Held the ball up very well, good movement in the channels. Showed some trickery to get himself out of tight situations,ran at defenders, linked up well and played well in the fluid front 3 we had out.

HRK on the other hand....Utter shite Saturday!

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 27 Aug 2013 16:51

moonwalklikebas The fans like myself who went to Blackpool will agree that he was our stand out player.
Held the ball up very well, good movement in the channels. Showed some trickery to get himself out of tight situations,ran at defenders, linked up well and played well in the fluid front 3 we had out.

Basically, he was everything Simon Church was last time we played Blackpool away... :mrgreen:

Kebe's apprentice

by Kebe's apprentice » 27 Aug 2013 17:09

kwik-silva Against Watford he lost the ball almost every time it was played into him. He's only 23 so I'm hoping he's gonna develop into a better player. He took his penalty against Bolton well, and he's hit a couple of good crosses but I'm still holding out overall judgment at this level. I'll judge him when I have more data available.

Against Watford a majority of the time he held the ball up well, backed into defenders, definitely stronger than I thought he was. His performance (like the rest of the team) declined after 60 minutes. He was our out ball against Watford and how anyone can say he played badly in that game is beyond me.

The OP is right, people need a scapegoat, and it seems like he has been picked for this season, just as Jobi was last season

Mike Hunt
Hob Nob Regular

by Mike Hunt » 27 Aug 2013 17:19

NewCorkSeth Cock end.

You, I like you.

Good post though R1871J. NCS post was an in forum joke.

Oh and I second the oxf*rd off Newbie.
Last edited by Mike Hunt on 27 Aug 2013 17:20, edited 1 time in total.

Loyal-Royal_1997

by Loyal-Royal_1997 » 27 Aug 2013 17:20

I seem to remember people were giving similar criticism to Shane Long in the first half of the 2009-2010 season. They appear to have similar styles of play too. Second half of the season he was unplayable!

WAZZOCK

by WAZZOCK » 27 Aug 2013 17:24

I agree with the OP.

Fact remains that ALF is the striker who has cost us victories in the last few games with his poor finishing (Watford goal aside).

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 27 Aug 2013 17:32

WAZZOCK I agree with the OP.

An opinion remains that ALF is the striker who has cost us victories in the last few games with his poor finishing (Watford goal aside).

FTFY

Kebe's apprentice

by Kebe's apprentice » 27 Aug 2013 17:36

P!ssed Off

An opinion remains that ALF is the striker who has cost us victories in the last few games with his poor finishing (Watford goal aside).

FTFY

Bolton he missed what was an absolute sitter.
Watford he missed a half volley from 6 yards and a one on one
Blackpool mishit an easy chance from 6 yards, allowing the keeper and defenders to clear it.

HTH

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 27 Aug 2013 17:42

Kebe's apprentice
P!ssed Off

FTFY

Bolton he missed what was an absolute sitter.
Watford he missed a half volley from 6 yards and a one on one
Blackpool mishit an easy chance from 6 yards, allowing the keeper and defenders to clear it.

HTH

oxf*rd off newbie.
Please look up the difference between fact and opinion.

Quick quiz:
Is it an opinion that at "Bolton he missed what was an absolute sitter" or is it a fact?

"A fact states something that:
Happens. (e.g., “A lunar eclipse happens when the moon aligns exactly with the earth and sun.”)
Has happened or is certain to be true. (e.g., “Thomas Jefferson wrote the Declaration of Independence.”)
Is real or exists. (e.g., “The sun is a star.”)

An opinion states something:
Believed to have occurred. (e.g., “The teacher gave us a pop quiz because she got mad at the class.”)
Believed to exist. (e.g., “The bus stop close to my house was built so I wouldn’t miss the bus again.”)
Believed to be true. (e.g., “Grandma and Grandpa love me the most.”)"

For more info look at 'Helping Students Understand and Distinguish Fact vs. Opinion'
http://www.handyhandouts.com/viewHandou ... number=326

HTH

Kebe's apprentice

by Kebe's apprentice » 27 Aug 2013 17:46

Quick quiz:
Is it an opinion that at "Bolton he missed what was an absolute sitter" or is it a fact?

Well, in the very least it was a clear cut chance, unmarked in the box.
The point still remain that all of those were examples of poor finishing, and those poor finishes have cost us points. That is fact.
Last edited by Kebe's apprentice on 27 Aug 2013 17:47, edited 1 time in total.

kwik-silva
Hob Nob Regular

by kwik-silva » 27 Aug 2013 17:47

Kebe's apprentice
kwik-silva Against Watford he lost the ball almost every time it was played into him. He's only 23 so I'm hoping he's gonna develop into a better player. He took his penalty against Bolton well, and he's hit a couple of good crosses but I'm still holding out overall judgment at this level. I'll judge him when I have more data available.

Against Watford a majority of the time he held the ball up well, backed into defenders, definitely stronger than I thought he was. His performance (like the rest of the team) declined after 60 minutes. He was our out ball against Watford and how anyone can say he played badly in that game is beyond me.

The OP is right, people need a scapegoat, and it seems like he has been picked for this season, just as Jobi was last season

I remember him having one run, one cross, a flick that failed, and then every other time he lost the ball. That's all I remember.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 27 Aug 2013 17:49

Kebe's apprentice

Quick quiz:

Well, in the very least it was a clear cut chance, unmarked in the box.
The point still remain that all of those were examples of poor finishing, and those poor finishes have cost us points. That is fact.

No it is not a fact.
Do not say "this is a fact" and then post your opinion.
And the term "clear cut chance" is also subjective, therefore an opinion.

You are entitled to your opinion, but don't bother labelling it as a 'fact'.
Last edited by P!ssed Off on 27 Aug 2013 17:51, edited 1 time in total.

Kebe's apprentice

by Kebe's apprentice » 27 Aug 2013 17:51

kwik-silva
Kebe's apprentice

I remember him having one run, one cross, a flick that failed, and then every other time he lost the ball. That's all I remember.

That is because when Blackman does his job well, it is not noticed. Against Watford, he held it up and did a simple pass or a lay off to a team mate countless times. When he loses the ball, people notice that more, especially when the people on here like to drill into everyone's minds that he is terrible
Last edited by Kebe's apprentice on 27 Aug 2013 17:58, edited 1 time in total.