Has Adkins lost the dressing room

royalZILLAAA

Re: Has Adkins lost the dressing room

by royalZILLAAA » 28 Aug 2013 17:21

Ian Royal Way, way way too early and reading way way way too much into one gutless performance.

I feel like this should be stamped on most of the threads that have risen to prominence over the past 24 hours.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 28 Aug 2013 17:24

Please refrain from quoting Ian Royal.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 28 Aug 2013 17:30

:lol: :|

Cureton's Volley
Hob Nob Regular

by Cureton's Volley » 28 Aug 2013 17:30

Colin Cheeselog Only utter retards say "lost the dressing room". It's meaningless drivel.

Agreed. It's a bit like 'own brand of football' :lol:

blueroyals
Hob Nob Regular

by blueroyals » 28 Aug 2013 17:45

:roll: :|

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 28 Aug 2013 17:47

I can confirm I saw Atkins changing into his tracksuit in the club shop this morning. Make of that what you will

Elm Park Pasty

by Elm Park Pasty » 28 Aug 2013 17:58

melonhead I can confirm I saw Atkins changing into his tracksuit in the club shop this morning. Make of that what you will

As an ex-goalkeeper he was probably on his way to introduce Feds to the phenomenon that is the 'near post'.

Andrew, are you afraid of flying? I would seriously not like to be near you when they close the plane doors. Can imagine you now screaming that humans weren't meant to fly, metal tube, all gonna die blah blah. Where is Corporal Jones when you need him?

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 28 Aug 2013 18:01

melonhead I can confirm I saw Atkins changing into his tracksuit in the club shop this morning. Make of that what you will

Bit of an exhibitionist?

Alexander Litvinenko
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Winner - HNA? Music Quiz 2013. The Great Sounds of Polonium 210.

by Alexander Litvinenko » 28 Aug 2013 18:06

It's interesting that he was in his usual place on the touchline for about 65/70 minutes yesterday, then he vanished into the dug-out. I think he'd given up on that utter shower out there by that point.

He came over to applaud the supporters in the face of extreme ( I won't name names .....), although some around me thought his applause was sarcastic.

I'm sure it wasn't, though - having said it's important to show appreciation to supporters if he then didn't do that he'd get hammered even more on here.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 28 Aug 2013 20:44

He must be given more time and am sure he has not lost the dressing room judging by players' comments I've read.

It will take time for his ideas to come to fruition on the pitch and I am happy to sacrifice a season of inconsistent results to change the pub football we played last year.

McGhee's was the last football playing side that had any success and that was nearly 20 years ago - and he had 2 seasons of consolidation and inconsistent results before we came good. The only two managers since that have tried to play through midfield, Burns and Rodgers were both unsuccessful and sacked after short spells in charge although Burns rightfully so based on the players he signed.

You cannot change a playing style over night - as said by someone above Rodgers got lucky at Swansea as Martinez and Sousa had done all the work.

Za Vas

by Za Vas » 28 Aug 2013 21:05

:lol:

HNA is going to be hell until Yeovil.

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 28 Aug 2013 21:31

Mid Sussex Royal McGhee's was the last football playing side that had any success and that was nearly 20 years ago - and he had 2 seasons of consolidation and inconsistent results before we came good. The only two managers since that have tried to play through midfield, Burns and Rodgers were both unsuccessful and sacked after short spells in charge although Burns rightfully so based on the players he signed.

You cannot change a playing style over night - as said by someone above Rodgers got lucky at Swansea as Martinez and Sousa had done all the work.

The difference with McGhee was that he didn't try to change overnight. He didn't just say "this is our style from now on - deal with it". It evolved gradually.

McGhee was also getting stick in his first few games. I remember people shouting out to him that he'd be the first sacking of the season during what looking like being our 5th winless match under him, until two very late goals turned the game.

The other difference is that the expectation was much lower (despite that early impatience). If Adkins came out and said that he was going to change the style of the team, but we probably wouldn't see the fruits of it until next year or the year after, would people be happy with that?

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 28 Aug 2013 21:36

LOLost the dressing room :lol:

FridaysGhost

by FridaysGhost » 28 Aug 2013 21:39

Say better, has Adkins lost the plot? Any Manager has to fit his tactics and way of playing to the Players he has. Rodgers didn't and screwed Reading. Adkins hasn't and we are going down the same path. Either we buy the players that Adkins needs OR he changes his way of playing to make the team work! Simples.

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 28 Aug 2013 22:45

Yet another pathetic, meaningless reactionary thread. Of course he hasn't lost the dressing room you utter f*cking bellend. AAgainst Bolton we absolutely annihilated them second half. Against Watford we annihilated them first half. Against Ipswich we dominated second half, Against Blackpool we dominated the game and lost due to a stupid passage of play. We're playing well in patches, last night will just go down in the annals of history as a bad night but to come out with this sh*t after one game where we fail to perform is just mindless, revisionist b*llocks. Why don't you f*cking c*nts just crawl back under your stones?

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 28 Aug 2013 22:47

handbags_harris Yet another pathetic, meaningless reactionary thread. Of course he hasn't lost the dressing room you utter f*cking bellend. AAgainst Bolton we absolutely annihilated them second half. Against Watford we annihilated them first half. Against Ipswich we dominated second half, Against Blackpool we dominated the game and lost due to a stupid passage of play. We're playing well in patches, last night will just go down in the annals of history as a bad night but to come out with this sh*t after one game where we fail to perform is just mindless, revisionist b*llocks. Why don't you f*cking c*nts just crawl back under your stones?

:D

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 28 Aug 2013 22:48

handbags_harris Yet another pathetic, meaningless reactionary thread. Of course he hasn't lost the dressing room you utter f*cking bellend. AAgainst Bolton we absolutely annihilated them second half. Against Watford we annihilated them first half. Against Ipswich we dominated second half, Against Blackpool we dominated the game and lost due to a stupid passage of play. We're playing well in patches, last night will just go down in the annals of history as a bad night but to come out with this sh*t after one game where we fail to perform is just mindless, revisionist b*llocks. Why don't you f*cking c*nts just crawl back under your stones?

:lol: :D +1

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 28 Aug 2013 23:07

:shock:

The Prisoner
Hob Nob Regular

by The Prisoner » 28 Aug 2013 23:32

I've lost my car keys

Cripple Creek
Hob Nob Regular

by Cripple Creek » 28 Aug 2013 23:53

People who say "lost the dressing room" probably also say "hit the woodwork".