Oh man - Back From The Game

AirRaidSiren
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Oh man - Back From The Game

by AirRaidSiren » 07 Sep 2013 18:50

One8Seven1 Overall a terrible performance from Reading. First half we mostly passed along the back four, occasionally seeing Karacan and Williams pick up possession before deciding nothing was on, then giving the ball back to the back four, who then looked to Karacan and Williams, who the decided nothing was on, and passed it back to the back four, who...

We had a couple of chances, and all seemed to come through Drenthe cutting in from the right. He's only one in our first-team who seems capable of causing sides any problems!

Second half Obita was the star man. He has pace, tricky feet, and a good cross on him. Oman may not exactly be a top international side, but they played some good stuff today and would more than match a top half Championship side on that performance, and Obita beat two and three men on more than a couple of occasions, and caused them plenty of problems. On that performance he deserves a place on the bench, and should certainly be ahead of Jobi, and Blackman also if you were to put him out wide.

Having mentioned Blackman, he was his usual hapless self second half. His first touch is shocking, he doesn't seem to do anything right, nor does he appear to boast any strong traits. He doesn't run into space, nor does he create any, or read the game. In possession he looks confident, rather than panics, but is just awful with it. Pogrebnyak did naff all better it has to be said, but at least he has some strengths - if we play to them; whereas Blackman doesn't, currently. Uqwu when he came on did more than both strikers put together. One decent effort on goal that he was unlucky not to have scored, and held the ball up very well. A few nerves, but solid and a monster of a frame.

Aaron Tshibola also did well second half. He did as well as Karacan had to be fair to him. Always wanting the ball, pushed forward as well and some decent passes.

Bringing Tshiboa, Obita and Ugwu on, suddenly we had movement in the middle of the park, something we clearly lacked in the first-half, and every other week. These kids are raw, but Obita most certainly could come in and would slot in well. Tshibola and Ugwu could also do a job if called upon. They might not take us forward yet, but they wouldn't take us backwards! Aquably, Obita may take us forward on the left. His willingness to take his man on and get that ball in the box is something we are missing.

The first-team should be very disappointed, the youngsters should be very proud of their contributions tonight.

Nah. The first team kept their shape throughout. What game were you at again?

My aspect of the game:- The first half, we had a good shape, there was flowing football but lack of attempts on goal. I can see what Adkins is trying to do. Griffin was told off by Pearce a couple of times for not passing back to him. When we pass back to our two centre halves, Karacan is there to take the ball and dictate play. Guthrie played some great football, good awareness and passing, Karacan passed well too. Le Fondre had lack of chances, Pog worked well and tried a couple of things that didn't work out. Drenthe was quiet, Williams had a good game, Kelly done ok.

Some silly jeers from the crowd when Griffin passed the ball forward, now if they had of been watching properly, they would of seen or heard Pearce constantly telling him to pass back. He was doing what he was told to do by a senior player. He held his position well but failed to win a header which eventually led to their first.

The goal was a silly one to conceed, Oman are very organised but lacked possession.

Second half, we pressed forward more, they sat back more. The subs that came on done ok, I felt Obita had a good spell in the game. We seemed to have lost our shape in this half. There were far more chances at goal from us this half, 10-12 at most.

Overall, I can see what Adkins is trying to do and there was so much positivity about our game, far greater than anything negative. With a few more tweeks here and there, we will get there. Oman were a good organised side. There was nothing to be ashamed of today.The game was competitive and if we had of taken our chances better, we would of won.

Give this team a chance.
Last edited by AirRaidSiren on 07 Sep 2013 19:03, edited 1 time in total.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 07 Sep 2013 18:56

Exactly. The only thing terrible or embarrassing about this club atm is the fans.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 07 Sep 2013 18:58

The vast majority of the fans there today were in good spirits and quite sporting. Made a fair amount of noise for the numbers too.

AkpansBFF

by AkpansBFF » 07 Sep 2013 18:59

Wasnt the worst performance, passing was good, althought I did think we passed back to much and I would have preferred a few risky attacking passes into the middle instead of the passing to the wing then back. But we obviously lacked in the final third

Taylor - 4

Kelly - 5
Morrison - 7.5
Pearce - 7
Griffin - 6.5

Williams - 6.5
Karacan - 6
Guthrie - 6
Drenthe - 6

Pogrebnyak - 5.5
Alf - 6

Akpan - 7
Tshibola - 6
Obita - 8
Ugwu - 6
Blackman - 5

AirRaidSiren
Hob Nob Regular

by AirRaidSiren » 07 Sep 2013 18:59

winchester_royal Exactly. The only thing terrible or embarrassing about this club atm is the fans.

I 100% agree. We have the worst fans in the country.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 07 Sep 2013 19:00

Good to see no one was sat in my seat.

How was the soup and baguettes?

AirRaidSiren
Hob Nob Regular

by AirRaidSiren » 07 Sep 2013 19:01

Royal Ginger The vast majority of the fans there today were in good spirits and quite sporting. Made a fair amount of noise for the numbers too.

It was a great atmosphere and my kids thoroughly enjoyed the entire match.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 07 Sep 2013 19:06

AirRaidSiren
winchester_royal Exactly. The only thing terrible or embarrassing about this club atm is the fans.

Some are as evidenced by a dumb comment like that.
Last edited by sandman on 07 Sep 2013 19:14, edited 1 time in total.

AirRaidSiren
Hob Nob Regular

by AirRaidSiren » 07 Sep 2013 19:10

sandman
AirRaidSiren

As evidenced by a dumb comment like that.

Put some substance behind your little remark, there's a good lad.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 07 Sep 2013 19:12

P!ssed Off
winchester_royal What a load of reactionary crap. It was a dcent game bewteen two decent sides with decent players.

Just out of interest, have you ever been disappointed by a Reading performance?
Didn't go today, but you do seem easily pleased by just about anything.

Why would you really care about a meaningless friendly against Oman that's as much about maintaining match fitness and giving U21s time with the First Team as anything?

It's like getting upset about the result in a pre-season friendly. No one sane cares.

Will95
Hob Nob Regular

by Will95 » 07 Sep 2013 19:15

Crap performance again, Williams and Obita shone out for me, pretty dull game, limited atmosphere, loads of mongs near me, singing for Hammond out, 'we love you O*ford' chant and boos at the end.

Nothing to get worked up over today, Oman looked good.

Nice to see 20-30 Oman fans turned up as well.
Last edited by Will95 on 07 Sep 2013 19:16, edited 1 time in total.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 07 Sep 2013 19:16

Royal Ginger The vast majority of the fans there today were in good spirits and quite sporting. Made a fair amount of noise for the numbers too.

Agreed, I'm talking more in reference to the social media spastics that are out in force again tonight.

Oh, and the ones that jeered a young lad making his first appearance.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 07 Sep 2013 19:25

Ian Royal
P!ssed Off
winchester_royal What a load of reactionary crap. It was a dcent game bewteen two decent sides with decent players.

Just out of interest, have you ever been disappointed by a Reading performance?
Didn't go today, but you do seem easily pleased by just about anything.

Why would you really care about a meaningless friendly against Oman that's as much about maintaining match fitness and giving U21s time with the First Team as anything?

It's like getting upset about the result in a pre-season friendly. No one sane cares.

I don't care. I was referring to his happiness in general.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 07 Sep 2013 19:27

Whats all this tosh about some singing songs about Oxford FC? As in supporting type songs?

Will95
Hob Nob Regular

by Will95 » 07 Sep 2013 19:29

bobby1413 Whats all this tosh about some singing songs about Oxford FC? As in supporting type songs?

'We love you O*ford, we do' to which I shouted back for them to oxf*rd off and die, they were being tosspots all game.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 07 Sep 2013 19:34

AirRaidSiren
sandman
AirRaidSiren I 100% agree. We have the worst fans in the country.

As evidenced by a dumb comment like that.

Put some substance behind your little remark, there's a good lad.

At least our fans are not that thick compared to others.
And then you came along...

"Kelly done ok"
"if they had of been watching"
"they would of seen"
"The subs that came on done ok"
"If we had of taken our chances"
"we would of won"

People that write like this shouldn't judge others for their comments.
Last edited by P!ssed Off on 07 Sep 2013 19:39, edited 1 time in total.

M Brook
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by M Brook » 07 Sep 2013 19:38

Oman are no mugs - they drew home and away with the Aussies during the current World Cup qualifying campaign.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 07 Sep 2013 19:41

M Brook Oman are no mugs - they drew home and away with the Aussies during the current World Cup qualifying campaign.

tbf the Aussies will distribute Home and Away to just about anybody.
Check out Channel 5 every once in a while.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 07 Sep 2013 19:42

Will95
bobby1413 Whats all this tosh about some singing songs about Oxford FC? As in supporting type songs?

'We love you O*ford, we do' to which I shouted back for them to oxf*rd off and die, they were being tosspots all game.

Were they RFC fans being twats or Oxford ones?

Seems really bloody weird either way :roll:

M Brook
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by M Brook » 07 Sep 2013 19:43

P!ssed Off "Kelly done ok"
"if they had of been watching"
"they would of seen"
"The subs that came on done ok"
"If we had of taken our chances"
"we would of won"

People that write like this shouldn't judge others for their comments.

Quite. 0/6