"they would of seen"
"The subs that came on done ok"
"If we had of taken our chances"
"we would of won"

There's your substance.
People that write like this shouldn't judge others for their comments."

????

Er.....ok.

You seem pissed off, P!ssed off? You should of come today and got a cuddle off Queensly

Will95
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Oh man - Back From The Game

by Will95 » 07 Sep 2013 19:45

bobby1413
Will95
bobby1413 Whats all this tosh about some singing songs about Oxford FC? As in supporting type songs?

'We love you O*ford, we do' to which I shouted back for them to oxf*rd off and die, they were being tosspots all game.

Were they RFC fans being twats or Oxford ones?

Seems really bloody weird either way :roll:

Reading fans being twats, showing their 'anger' at the lack of signings.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 07 Sep 2013 19:45

AirRaidSiren "Kelly done ok"
"if they had of been watching"
"they would of seen"
"we would of won"

There's your substance.

????

Er.....ok.

You seem pissed off, P!ssed off?You should of come today and got a cuddle off Queensly

Some people never learn...
And it's Queensley btw. Not interested in her anyway; she'll given anyone a cuddle, the slag.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 07 Sep 2013 19:49

Will95
bobby1413 Were they RFC fans being twats or Oxford ones?

Weren't you the one that admitted that it was your mates who were the ones being dicks a few games back?
Sure it wasn't them again?

Will95
Hob Nob Regular

by Will95 » 07 Sep 2013 19:51

P!ssed Off
Will95
bobby1413 Were they RFC fans being twats or Oxford ones?

Weren't you the one that admitted that it was your mates who were the ones being dicks a few games back?
Sure it wasn't them again?

Never seen any of these at a Reading game before in my life.

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 07 Sep 2013 19:56

Reading yoof

Elmer Park

by Elmer Park » 07 Sep 2013 20:12

Glad but a bit surprised so many fans are unconcerned about today's performance. A friendly is a friendly so I wouldn't be too bothered myself normally but the same issues that have been present in the last two league games were to the fore again, namely lack of purpose in our passing and general lack of creativity particularly when our near first choice midfield were on the pitch.

I really don't know why but I was hoping to see a new, motivated Pog today but he was ineffective again although it has to be said we have created very few chances for him in his entire Reading career. Drenthe's last couple of performances have been a worry too. I hope he's not the new Pog.

Big plus point was Obita who looked a threat and actually got the ball into the box which our much more experienced wingers don't do enough in my opinion. I thought the other youngsters showed promise but looked a little way off being ready for the Championship yet and would benefit from a loan spell somewhere. They all however showed more energy and commitment than some first team regulars did today but I suppose that is to be expected in a friendly.

I'm probably being a bit unfair on Oman but I thought they were no more than well organised and neat and tidy and I would have expected the team we fielded to have been perfectly capable of beating them. It will be interesting to see how they get on at Crystal Palace on Tuesday and to see if Jimmy lowers himself to play in a friendly.

AirRaidSiren
Hob Nob Regular

by AirRaidSiren » 07 Sep 2013 20:14

P!ssed Off
AirRaidSiren "Kelly done ok"
"they would of seen"
"we would of won"

There's your substance.

????

Er.....ok.

You seem pissed off, P!ssed off?You should of come today and got a cuddle off Queensly

Some people never learn...
And it's Queensley btw. Not interested in her anyway; she'll given anyone a cuddle, the slag.

Poxy 'e'.

:)

Xavier Onassis

by Xavier Onassis » 07 Sep 2013 20:25

P!ssed Off At least our fans are not that thick compared to others.
And then you came along...

"Kelly done ok"
"they would of seen"
"we would of won"

People that write like this shouldn't judge others for their comments.

Language snobbery at its absolute worst. I'd like to thank ARS for a really balanced and insightful account of what he saw at the game.

paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

by paddy20 » 07 Sep 2013 20:31

Taylor - well past his best - poor back up if Feds goes on loan
Drenthe- flatters to perceive - just a few runs, lost the possesion on most of them, dreadful at covering back or at running into space. Poor finisher
Karacan produced nothing apart from passing back to the centre halves
Guthrie good but seemed to get so fed up with the rest of the team he just gave up
Pog's poor first touch let him down again but had little support from midfield
Williams looks very slow

Oman taught us a lesson in how to run off the ball and into space. 90% of the time we had possession there was no-one in space at all so we just passed it backwards. We are too slow when we have the ball- we just look pretty dire all round

One plus was Obita's runs and crossing. Out of that team today we only have about 4 players who are good enough to help us go up. Pearce, Morrison, Le Fondre and Guthrie

Muskrat
Hob Nob Regular

by Muskrat » 07 Sep 2013 20:46

Heard Nigel Platitude-kins being interviewed on BBCRB after the game. Does this man ever stop talking in cliches and say anything of any substance, ever??

It's fair to say....

paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

by paddy20 » 07 Sep 2013 20:58

AirRaidSiren
One8Seven1 Overall a terrible performance from Reading. First half we mostly passed along the back four, occasionally seeing Karacan and Williams pick up possession before deciding nothing was on, then giving the ball back to the back four, who then looked to Karacan and Williams, who the decided nothing was on, and passed it back to the back four, who...

We had a couple of chances, and all seemed to come through Drenthe cutting in from the right. He's only one in our first-team who seems capable of causing sides any problems!

Second half Obita was the star man. He has pace, tricky feet, and a good cross on him. Oman may not exactly be a top international side, but they played some good stuff today and would more than match a top half Championship side on that performance, and Obita beat two and three men on more than a couple of occasions, and caused them plenty of problems. On that performance he deserves a place on the bench, and should certainly be ahead of Jobi, and Blackman also if you were to put him out wide.

Having mentioned Blackman, he was his usual hapless self second half. His first touch is shocking, he doesn't seem to do anything right, nor does he appear to boast any strong traits. He doesn't run into space, nor does he create any, or read the game. In possession he looks confident, rather than panics, but is just awful with it. Pogrebnyak did naff all better it has to be said, but at least he has some strengths - if we play to them; whereas Blackman doesn't, currently. Uqwu when he came on did more than both strikers put together. One decent effort on goal that he was unlucky not to have scored, and held the ball up very well. A few nerves, but solid and a monster of a frame.

Aaron Tshibola also did well second half. He did as well as Karacan had to be fair to him. Always wanting the ball, pushed forward as well and some decent passes.

Bringing Tshiboa, Obita and Ugwu on, suddenly we had movement in the middle of the park, something we clearly lacked in the first-half, and every other week. These kids are raw, but Obita most certainly could come in and would slot in well. Tshibola and Ugwu could also do a job if called upon. They might not take us forward yet, but they wouldn't take us backwards! Aquably, Obita may take us forward on the left. His willingness to take his man on and get that ball in the box is something we are missing.

The first-team should be very disappointed, the youngsters should be very proud of their contributions tonight.

Nah. The first team kept their shape throughout. What game were you at again?

My aspect of the game:- The first half, we had a good shape, there was flowing football but lack of attempts on goal. I can see what Adkins is trying to do. Griffin was told off by Pearce a couple of times for not passing back to him. When we pass back to our two centre halves, Karacan is there to take the ball and dictate play. Guthrie played some great football, good awareness and passing, Karacan passed well too. Le Fondre had lack of chances, Pog worked well and tried a couple of things that didn't work out. Drenthe was quiet, Williams had a good game, Kelly done ok.

Some silly jeers from the crowd when Griffin passed the ball forward, now if they had of been watching properly, they would of seen or heard Pearce constantly telling him to pass back. He was doing what he was told to do by a senior player. He held his position well but failed to win a header which eventually led to their first.

The goal was a silly one to conceed, Oman are very organised but lacked possession.

Second half, we pressed forward more, they sat back more. The subs that came on done ok, I felt Obita had a good spell in the game. We seemed to have lost our shape in this half. There were far more chances at goal from us this half, 10-12 at most.

Overall, I can see what Adkins is trying to do and there was so much positivity about our game, far greater than anything negative. With a few more tweeks here and there, we will get there. Oman were a good organised side. There was nothing to be ashamed of today.The game was competitive and if we had of taken our chances better, we would of won.

Give this team a chance.

Please no more positivity for a while!

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 07 Sep 2013 21:25

Lol

Only Reading fans would take a reserve friendly game so seriously.

And a Wake up call to those who think Asian sides are rubbish. They are, but the gap is closing quickly. This was a full international side who were up for it. Vs our boys who would've been either uninterested or young and raw.

If there's ever a chance to experiment and get things wrong its in a random cup match or a random friendly.

I'd rather we lose these matches 6-0 and 2-0 and do ok in the league.

Well done to the youngsters, their day today.

marlowuk

by marlowuk » 07 Sep 2013 21:35

Taylor - Only had 3 saves to make (I think) but let 2 in! I don't really think he could have been expected to save those two though
Griffin - OK without doing much
Morrison - MOTM without doing much but he looked assured (apart from one stupid error) and won everything in the air. Had one great run through midfield, beating 3 or 4 men but then seemed to not know what to do with the ball!
Pearce - solid without impressing. Missed a free header towards the end which he should have put in the net
Kelly - didn't notice him much
Karacan - ran around a lot and made himself available (which is good) but seldom made any telling passes
Guthrie - had an off-day and didn't boss the mid-field as he likes to
Williams - did well and got involved (yellow card!) and another candidate for MOTM
Drenthe - some lovely skills but missed a one-on-one with the goalie and sent a couple of other shots wide but at least he got some shots off (See Pog!)
ALF - anonymous and missed at least one good chance he should have put away
Pog - did show a bit more desire but seems slow and didn't have a shot on goal

Obita - did really well and cut through the Oman defence like a knife through butter on a couple of occasions but also guilty of missing a few chances
Tshibola - first time I'd seen him but he impressed. Busy player who is always aware of possibilities (very Guthrie-like) and one for the future

The introduction of the youngsters in the second half certainly gave the game (and Reading) more urgency which is a good sign. But - too much meaningless passing around the back four + Jem.

We should have won by a hatfull given the chances we had! But we never looked like scoring despite all those chances. Someone (Obita?) hit the post in added-on time and that was the nearest we came to scoring. That's no goals in open play from our last 4 games. 100 goals a season?? At this rate we'll be lucky to get 10 more!! More frustrating than depressing and still hopeful that NA can sort it out but not expecting promotion this season!

Ginger Ninjas

by Ginger Ninjas » 07 Sep 2013 22:08

One8Seven1 Overall a terrible performance from Reading. First half we mostly passed along the back four, occasionally seeing Karacan and Williams pick up possession before deciding nothing was on, then giving the ball back to the back four, who then looked to Karacan and Williams, who the decided nothing was on, and passed it back to the back four, who...

We had a couple of chances, and all seemed to come through Drenthe cutting in from the right. He's only one in our first-team who seems capable of causing sides any problems!

Second half Obita was the star man. He has pace, tricky feet, and a good cross on him. Oman may not exactly be a top international side, but they played some good stuff today and would more than match a top half Championship side on that performance, and Obita beat two and three men on more than a couple of occasions, and caused them plenty of problems. On that performance he deserves a place on the bench, and should certainly be ahead of Jobi, and Blackman also if you were to put him out wide.

Having mentioned Blackman, he was his usual hapless self second half. His first touch is shocking, he doesn't seem to do anything right, nor does he appear to boast any strong traits. He doesn't run into space, nor does he create any, or read the game. In possession he looks confident, rather than panics, but is just awful with it. Pogrebnyak did naff all better it has to be said, but at least he has some strengths - if we play to them; whereas Blackman doesn't, currently. Uqwu when he came on did more than both strikers put together. One decent effort on goal that he was unlucky not to have scored, and held the ball up very well. A few nerves, but solid and a monster of a frame.

Aaron Tshibola also did well second half. He did as well as Karacan had to be fair to him. Always wanting the ball, pushed forward as well and some decent passes.

Bringing Tshiboa, Obita and Ugwu on, suddenly we had movement in the middle of the park, something we clearly lacked in the first-half, and every other week. These kids are raw, but Obita most certainly could come in and would slot in well. Tshibola and Ugwu could also do a job if called upon. They might not take us forward yet, but they wouldn't take us backwards! Aquably, Obita may take us forward on the left. His willingness to take his man on and get that ball in the box is something we are missing.

The first-team should be very disappointed, the youngsters should be very proud of their contributions tonight.

Really good write up. I went and would pretty much agree with all of this. Obita should definitely warrant a place on the bench based on his display; Tshibola easily bettered the first team centre mids. The lack of a proper striker (or a performing Pog) couldn't be clearer.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 07 Sep 2013 23:38

Xavier Onassis

"Kelly done ok"
"they would of seen"
"we would of won"

Language snobbery at its absolute worst. I'd like to thank ARS for a really balanced and insightful account of what he saw at the game.

Tbh I think you can get worse language snobbery than expecting an adult to be able to use 'have' instead of 'of'.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 07 Sep 2013 23:45

Xavier Onassis

"Kelly done ok"
"they would of seen"
"we would of won"

Heaven forbid the English language should be used properly.

When it's done once as an obvious mistake that's fine when it's done over and over again it's just annoying and actually detracts from the point the person is making.

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 08 Sep 2013 00:37

Shit attendance? Tick
Defeat? Tick

Just need someone to please tell me that we suffered multiple injuries to 1st team players today to complete my LOL @ the bellends who run our club.

Xavier Onassis

by Xavier Onassis » 08 Sep 2013 02:34

sandman
Xavier Onassis

"Kelly done ok"
"they would of seen"
"we would of won"

When it's done once as an obvious mistake that's fine when it's done over and over again it's just annoying and actually detracts from the point the person is making.

Bollocks. The point he was making was absolutely crystal clear and in no way diminished by his use of English unless your priorities are idiotically out of whack. If you were at the bar waiting to be served and the person next to you said "I thought Obita done OK when he come on" would you correct his use of English? Of course you wouldn't. Apart form the fact you'd probably get twatted, this is someone just talking in his perfectly understandable idiom. Why is it any different on the internet, except that you can get away with sneering at people in a way you wouldn't to their face? It's rude and pointless.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 08 Sep 2013 03:45

Xavier Onassis
sandman
Xavier Onassis Language snobbery at its absolute worst. I'd like to thank ARS for a really balanced and insightful account of what he saw at the game.

Bollocks. The point he was making was absolutely crystal clear and in no way diminished by his use of English unless your priorities are idiotically out of whack. If you were at the bar waiting to be served and the person next to you said "I thought Obita done OK when he come on" would you correct his use of English? Of course you wouldn't. Apart form the fact you'd probably get twatted, this is someone just talking in his perfectly understandable idiom. Why is it any different on the internet, except that you can get away with sneering at people in a way you wouldn't to their face? It's rude and pointless.

:lol:
ARS faced a backlash for his bad English after writing:
"I 100% agree. We have the worst fans in the country."

If a guy in a bar is telling me how Reading have the worst fans in the country then I probably would point out his poor grasp of the English language.
But that's besides the point. This is the internet, where you can say what you like without having to worry about getting 'twatted'.
Now fuck off, you cock end! :wink: