BFTG - Derby

104 posts
Brum Royal
Hob Nob Regular

BFTG - Derby

by Brum Royal » 21 Sep 2013 18:08

In the car more accurately.

Good performance second half. Rode our luck a little in the first half but I would say McCarthy was only really tested once. Second half got off to the perfect start, two quick goals really boosted the confidence and we played some good stuff. Guthrie really is looking good and everything went through him again. Pog much improved and had his best game for us for a long time. Took his second goal well and looked like the big powerful forward we hoped he would be.

7 points in the week and a run of winnable games coming up. Confidence clearly building in the squad.

blueroyals
Hob Nob Regular

Re: BFTG - Derby

by blueroyals » 21 Sep 2013 18:10

Agreed RE: Guthrie. Been class all season. Safe to say he's our key man. Adkins seems to agree by selecting him today despite injury.

Brum Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Brum Royal » 21 Sep 2013 18:12

I liked the look of Baird too. Hopefully he only went off as he was lacking match fitness. Cummings and Akpan are not a central midfield pairing!

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 21 Sep 2013 18:13

Three wins and a draw, with three clean sheets, since the Posh embarrassment. Pretty good response.

Brum Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Brum Royal » 21 Sep 2013 18:16

Definitely Pepe. Confidence seems to be back as well after that debacle

USA_Loyal_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by USA_Loyal_Royal » 21 Sep 2013 18:16

mccarthy-8 played very well, still needs to get better at distribution though.
gunter- 7-played well overall, a few mistakes that almost cost us.
morro-8-played extremely well
pearce-8-played extremely well
kelly-6-didnt notice him much, a few poor crosses though
guthrie- 7.5- played very well, excellent distribution.
baird-7-solid player, very well placed passes, did well considering he hasnt learned NA's system yet.
mccleary-8-played extremely well, our only goal threat in the first half. good crossing and easily beats his men
HRK-7-played pretty well, held up the ball well, brought players in
obita-6-didnt notice him much but not a bad debut
pog-9-didnt do much wrong, stayed on his feet the whole match when possible. held up well, brought in the other players, got two very well taken goals.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 21 Sep 2013 18:17

First half was okay. We passed the ball nicely, looked solid at the back, but never really threatened up top.

Second half was the complete away performance. Incisive on the break, patient in possession, and calm at the back. Derby never looked like scoring until they did (lol), and even that came from a rare Guthrie error. Definitely deserved the win.

Pog was brilliant, held the ball up fantastically and brought others into play. Baird looks class - especially considering he hasn't played for 5 months - and looks to be building a decent partnership with Guth already. Hrk looks a different player now he's fit, and the two CB's were outstanding. Obita did well in an unfamiliar role too.

Fans were in good voice, and seemed to come in good numbers too.

Fcuk the h8ers.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 21 Sep 2013 18:20

Watched online.

First half we weren't too fluid, but had a few moments where we looked quality. Derby never really threatened too much despite looking the stronger team. Second half we scored almost straight away and started to dictate the game. Derby fell apart looking bereft of ideas until the last 15 or so.

McCarthy - 8 comfortable throughout most of the game. Good punches. Routine saves for the most part, one great down low to his left from Hughes.
Gunter - 6 dropped two or three clangers but did alright otherwise
Kelly - 6.5 ok, less good on the left as you'd expect.
Pearce - 7.5 good and an assist for one of the goals
Morrison - 7.5 good, although he got caught out once or twice, but not punished.
Guthrie - 8 MOTM he's still over and under hitting a few passes, but he's the heartbeat of the side
Baird - 7 good debut, I think he'll get better
Obita - 6 some flashes of quality but largely a bit anonymous although out of position
McCleary - 7 dangerous first half, faded a little second
HRK - 7.5 quiet first half, started looking really good second. great chest and cross for McCleary to volley over and a great chest and pass for Blackman to score
Pog - 8 some very good hold up play, two very well taken goals, still goes down too easily too often, but this is more like what I expected from him this season.

Akpan - 7 better, killed time well in the corners. I like the way he looks to bring the ball down, but he's got a way to go yet.
Cummings n/a I didn't even notice he'd come on.
Blackman - 7 didn't do anything much except score. Despite a poor touch to make it a much harder chance than it needed to be he tucked it away. Kick on please.

Shame Derby scored as we might otherwise have seen Tshibola. Still want to see ALF start, but I understandwhy he isn't and it certainly worked today. Good job from Adkins, great voice from the fans and decent refereeing as well. We could do with a bit more discipline to avoid unnecessary yellows though.

Very happy with that result and performance for what was essentially a weakened team.

Brum Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Brum Royal » 21 Sep 2013 18:26

McCarthy was very solid today. Didn't put a foot wrong and made some good punches and catches under pressure.

Impressed by Obita. Did very well in the middle of the park and unlike some of our other midfielders looked strong on the ball

Caversham Royal

by Caversham Royal » 21 Sep 2013 18:30

Decent away performance (apart from the soft goal conceded putting unnecessary pressure on the team towards the end) & result. Good to see the Russian gentleman reminding us he can still play a bit. And shame on the miserable twat of a Reading 'fan' I heard interviewed on the way to the Leeds match saying that game would be embarrassing & we had no chance against Derby!! :D

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 21 Sep 2013 18:34

Just got in

First half 4231, Baird and Guthrie sitting, had some nice possession football again. Second half switched to 433 and we took them apart. Adkins clearly knows what he is doing. Can really see improvements in the way we are trying to play. Blackman`s reaction to the goal annoyed me, the criticism he has received so far has been justified IMO, scuffed finish aswell.

Ratings

McCarthy-8
Gunter- 7
Kelly- 7
Morrison- 7
Pearce- 7
Baird- 7
Guthrie- 7
McCleary- 8
Robson- Kanu- 8
Obita- 7
Pog- 8

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 21 Sep 2013 18:49

LoyalRoyal22 Just got in

First half 4231, Baird and Guthrie sitting, had some nice possession football again. Second half switched to 433 and we took them apart. Adkins clearly knows what he is doing. Can really see improvements in the way we are trying to play. Blackman`s reaction to the goal annoyed me, the criticism he has received so far has been justified IMO, scuffed finish aswell.

Ratings

McCarthy-8
Gunter- 7
Kelly- 7
Morrison- 7
Pearce- 7
Baird- 7
Guthrie- 7
McCleary- 8
Robson- Kanu- 8
Obita- 7
Pog- 8

BOoing own players never justified

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 21 Sep 2013 18:50

melonhead
LoyalRoyal22 Just got in

Ratings

McCarthy-8
Gunter- 7
Kelly- 7
Morrison- 7
Pearce- 7
Baird- 7
Guthrie- 7
McCleary- 8
Robson- Kanu- 8
Obita- 7
Pog- 8

What if they've raped and murdered your loved ones?

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 21 Sep 2013 18:53

Ian Royal Watched online.

First half we weren't too fluid, but had a few moments where we looked quality. Derby never really threatened too much despite looking the stronger team. Second half we scored almost straight away and started to dictate the game. Derby fell apart looking bereft of ideas until the last 15 or so.

McCarthy - 8 comfortable throughout most of the game. Good punches. Routine saves for the most part, one great down low to his left from Hughes.
Morrison - 7.5 good, although he got caught out once or twice, but not punished.
Guthrie - 8 MOTM he's still over and under hitting a few passes, but he's the heartbeat of the side
Obita - 6 some flashes of quality but largely a bit anonymous although out of position
HRK - 7.5 quiet first half, started looking really good second. great chest and cross for McCleary to volley over and a great chest and pass for Blackman to score
Pog - 8 some very good hold up play, two very well taken goals, still goes down too easily too often, but this is more like what I expected from him this season.

Akpan - 7 better, killed time well in the corners. I like the way he looks to bring the ball down, but he's got a way to go yet.
Blackman - 7 didn't do anything much except score. Despite a poor touch to make it a much harder chance than it needed to be he tucked it away. Kick on please.

Shame Derby scored as we might otherwise have seen Tshibola. Still want to see ALF start, but I understandwhy he isn't and it certainly worked today. Good job from Adkins, great voice from the fans and decent refereeing as well. We could do with a bit more discipline to avoid unnecessary yellows though.

Very happy with that result and performance for what was essentially a weakened team.

Also watched online and pretty much agree with that except that I thought that both McCleary and HRK were really good today and I would have given them both an 8.5 and sharing the MOTM. Apart from that your scores are about spot on for me.

I have to say that McCarthy looked so imperious in goal it was very hard to think he would ever concede again and it took a great strike of the ball for them to beat him. Bodes well for the season if he keeps fit this time.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 21 Sep 2013 18:55

Fair play to Blackman - when will you lot learn, eh?

I remember Jimmy Kebe giving the East Stand a well deserved ear cup as well, and you all went on to worship him.

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 21 Sep 2013 18:56

melonhead
LoyalRoyal22 Just got in

Ratings

McCarthy-8
Gunter- 7
Kelly- 7
Morrison- 7
Pearce- 7
Baird- 7
Guthrie- 7
McCleary- 8
Robson- Kanu- 8
Obita- 7
Pog- 8

Yeh i guess so, i didn't boo him. But slated him on here. But he shouldn't have been so cocky with his celebration, as he has been poor so far this season.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 21 Sep 2013 18:58

Pepe the Horseman
melonhead
LoyalRoyal22 Just got in

Ratings

McCarthy-8
Gunter- 7
Kelly- 7
Morrison- 7
Pearce- 7
Baird- 7
Guthrie- 7
McCleary- 8
Robson- Kanu- 8
Obita- 7
Pog- 8

What if they've raped and murdered your loved ones?

Still clap em off. Have them arrested after the game

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 21 Sep 2013 19:00

LoyalRoyal22
melonhead
LoyalRoyal22 Just got in

Ratings

McCarthy-8
Gunter- 7
Kelly- 7
Morrison- 7
Pearce- 7
Baird- 7
Guthrie- 7
McCleary- 8
Robson- Kanu- 8
Obita- 7
Pog- 8

Yeh i guess so, i didn't boo him. But slated him on here. But he shouldn't have been so cocky with his celebration, as he has been poor so far this season.

Thats just so gay

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 21 Sep 2013 19:02

Maguire Fair play to Blackman - when will you lot learn, eh?

I remember Jimmy Kebe giving the East Stand a well deserved ear cup as well, and you all went on to worship him.

Agreed. Made a massive joke of mill's finger too. Just staring is a notch down from either

WestRoyal

by WestRoyal » 21 Sep 2013 19:05

andrew1957
Ian Royal Watched online.

Also watched online and pretty much agree with that except that I thought that both McCleary and HRK were really good today and I would have given them both an 8.5 and sharing the MOTM. Apart from that your scores are about spot on for me.

I have to say that McCarthy looked so imperious in goal it was very hard to think he would ever concede again and it took a great strike of the ball for them to beat him. Bodes well for the season if he keeps fit this time.

Totally agree with that Andrew particularly McCleary
If he had scored the volley he would surley of got MOM

104 posts