1 Swallow

276 posts
loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

Re: 1 Swallow

by loyalroyal4life » 23 Sep 2013 10:18

blueroyals He didn't even need a goal as an excuse to hit back at the fans who have treated him like shit for the last 8 months. Don't blame him.

This. Whilst i don't rate him at all, have never booed the guy, unjust and fair play to his goal celebration (if you can call it that)

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 23 Sep 2013 10:29

Hoop Blah
Maguire
Hoop Blah Having now seen Blackmans goal I think it's hilarious if he's used that as an opportunity to stick the proverbial finger up at the boo boys.

A decent supporting run, a poor touch and a bit of fortune that a scuffed shot made it past the keeper and he thinks he's proved a point?

Wow, how graceless.

It's not enough that he's scored, you're now complaining about the way he scored the goal? Took the ball whilst sprinting up in support, one touch at pace, stuck it in the back of the net. Well done Nick.

Graceless? Oh please!

It's great he's scored, it sealed the win and a very good 3 points. The way he took it though wasn't convincing and doesn't shove it up the boo-boys and show them his real quality, it shows that, under pressure, his touch and technique is a little suspect but his physical attributes have the potential to make up for his inconsistency on the ball.

Just to reiterate, I thought the childish chanting of Le Fondre's name when Blackman had fluffed his lines a couple of times against Leeds was out of order, as was the ironic cheering as he was subbed.

I'd say his celebration, and the apparent motivation behind it, is a lot more graceless than pointing out the nature of his finish on Saturday.

Graceless?

oh please etc :roll:

l0y4l R0y4l
Location: Be Proud, Be Loud, Back The Boys and Make Some Noise.

by l0y4l R0y4l » 23 Sep 2013 10:36

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 23 Sep 2013 11:38

melonhead oh please etc :roll:

More graceless I said, and it wasn't my phrase anyway.

However, when 700 odd people who effectively pay your wages (and give you a well paid job most would love to do) invest the time, effort and money to travel up to watch and support you I'd say there is certainly element of gracelessness to celebrate in front of them the way he did (and with it's apparent motivation).

HoneyRoastHoax
Hob Nob Regular

by HoneyRoastHoax » 23 Sep 2013 11:47

Hoop Blah

However, when 700 odd people who effectively pay your wages (and give you a well paid job most would love to do) invest the time, effort and money to travel up to watch and support you I'd say there is certainly element of gracelessness to celebrate in front of them the way he did (and with it's apparent motivation).

Stop being a spaz, it's a celebration he does and has done before at other clubs.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 23 Sep 2013 11:48

Matt Mills after the 1-0 win against QPR.............................

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 23 Sep 2013 12:42

Hoop Blah

such a shit argument - if my boss abused me and bood me by way of motivation either id be off to another job, or he not be managing me for very long

& if the least i did in reply was not do a little dance, and give him a bit of a stare when i did something good i think he'd have got off lightly

Magic Hat

by Magic Hat » 23 Sep 2013 13:37

Stevie G He was brought into the team in unrealistic circumstances and showed pretty good resilience to even appear for a Premeiership side in the situation at the time. The fact that he has remained in the squad and has been given a very good run of appearances must mean that he is rated, and rated by a significantly more qualified football professional that 99% of the fans, while competing against the likes of McAnuff, McCleary and KRK. Clearly he has something, something that perhaps shows better in training and what tactics NA wants out of the squad. I suggest his commitment and effort outweigh any desire to boo, so the net effect should just be to say nothing. His ability no doubt will grow with the confidence.

Good post. I know this won't be popular, but I think that Blackman offers more then Hunt, who many wish we had retained.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 23 Sep 2013 13:45

HoneyRoastHoax Stop being a spaz, it's a celebration he does and has done before at other clubs.

I don't really buy that. I've only watched it the once, but his expression doesn't look like someone trying to pull off the old Cantona stare, it looks more someone saying, f**K you, look how good I am, you lot can do one!

I've never really seen him celebrate his collection of penalties for other clubs so I might be wrong, but I'd be surprised.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 23 Sep 2013 13:45

Player gets booed for not playing well, scores goal and tells fans to shove it.

Meltdown on forum as if any part of this is extraordinary.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 23 Sep 2013 13:47

Extended-Phenotype Player gets booed for not playing well, scores goal and tells fans to shove it.

Meltdown on forum as if any part of this is extraordinary.

Hardly a meltdown is it? It's a few people saying he was a bit of a tw*t for giving it the big'un.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 23 Sep 2013 13:48

people were twats for booing and jeering and not giving him half a chance
hes a twat for reacting, if thats what he did

what we can learn from that is that many people are often twats

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 23 Sep 2013 13:53

Poor millionaire footballer getting booed for not playing well.
Poor fans for seeing a man look at them a bit sternly for a few seconds.

Oh what is the world coming too with all this pain and suffering and lack of boo-hoo grace.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 23 Sep 2013 13:57

:lol:

disagree with use of millionaire as justification.
& imo as a motivational tool its always poor management to boo someone in public

but yeah, lol, and agreed

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 23 Sep 2013 14:00

Blackman being booed off vs Leeds was utterly pathetic, he wasn't entirely abysmal on the night.

His reaction on Saturday was even more pathetic. You're not gonna score many at this level, m8, may as well celebr8 it :!: If he'd come over pointing at himself as if to say "see that? up yours" I might have had one iota of respect for him.

And no surprise to see the hand-wringing self-loathing usuals on this thread berating the fans and sticking up for some chav mercenary footballer of negligible talent. That is also as pathetic as it is predictable.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 23 Sep 2013 14:16

floyd__streete Blackman being booed off vs Leeds was utterly pathetic, he wasn't entirely abysmal on the night.

His reaction on Saturday was even more pathetic. You're not gonna score many at this level, m8, may as well celebr8 it :!: If he'd come over pointing at himself as if to say "see that? up yours" I might have had one iota of respect for him.

And no surprise to see the hand-wringing self-loathing usuals on this thread berating the fans and sticking up for some chav mercenary footballer of negligible talent. That is also as pathetic as it is predictable.

+ 1

Suck my dong because I say booing is bad! Ring my brown doorbell because I call booers twats!

Your DNA please, the world needs more of you heroes.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 23 Sep 2013 14:48

I genuinely am comvinced he is reading everything we say on this judging by his reaction (could have been the boos too) and I'm not sure his up yours to the fans was particularly warranted.. Fans are always fickle I was less than a year ago people were hating on Pearce and nobody is going to question his passion for the club (loving his celebrations btw) I think Blackman took himself a step further down the line in not being given many chances by the fans. Before anyone says it I am not condoning booing your own players. Unless its Mills. Boo him.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 23 Sep 2013 14:53

NewCorkSeth I genuinely am comvinced he is reading everything we say on this judging by his reaction (could have been the boos too) and I'm not sure his up yours to the fans was particularly warranted.. Fans are always fickle I was less than a year ago people were hating on Pearce and nobody is going to question his passion for the club (loving his celebrations btw) I think Blackman took himself a step further down the line in not being given many chances by the fans. Before anyone says it I am not condoning booing your own players. Unless its Mills. Boo him.

:?
Pearce still hasn't redeemed himself in my eyes.
It's highly unlikely he'll ever 100% regain the love from the fans.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 23 Sep 2013 14:57

P!ssed Off
NewCorkSeth I genuinely am comvinced he is reading everything we say on this judging by his reaction (could have been the boos too) and I'm not sure his up yours to the fans was particularly warranted.. Fans are always fickle I was less than a year ago people were hating on Pearce and nobody is going to question his passion for the club (loving his celebrations btw) I think Blackman took himself a step further down the line in not being given many chances by the fans. Before anyone says it I am not condoning booing your own players. Unless its Mills. Boo him.

:?
Pearce still hasn't redeemed himself in my eyes.
It's highly unlikely he'll ever 100% regain the love from the fans.

Well.. then ignore everything I said! I might not have grasped the finer points of what was going on with him but I understood it to be that he was on a (in the region of) 5,000£ a week contract and, after the cracker of a season he had just had, wanted a much larger contract as a reward for his form and dedication? If this is correct do we not like him because he went about getting a new contract in the wrong way? Because Theo Walcott did that and I doubt many Gooners have not forgiven him.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 23 Sep 2013 15:07

melonhead
Hoop Blah

such a shit argument - if my boss abused me and bood me by way of motivation either id be off to another job, or he not be managing me for very long

& if the least i did in reply was not do a little dance, and give him a bit of a stare when i did something good i think he'd have got off lightly

:lol: At least you labelled your argument "such a shit argument" in advance.
What gave you the impression the fans are Blackman's boss? Nige Ladkins is Blackman's boss, McDermott before him. Both have given Blackman numerous opportunities and haven't criticised him (in public at least) for his mediocre performances.

The fans are the CUSTOMER, not the BOSS.
If you've not been paying attention, here's what you've missed so far:
A man is on ridiculously high wages for a part-time job, that is the envy of all his peers. His boss has given him encouragement and plenty of opportunities to impress at work.
He's been in his current job for 8 months. During this time he's had two months of paid holiday, whilst performing mediocre at best for the 6 months he's actually been working.
Consequently a minority of customers have decided to criticise his poor performances at work.

Melonhead: If you're the type of gimp that would quit the dream job over such trivial, and perhaps justified, criticism then you're truly a fucking loser of the highest order, destined for absolute, and perpetual, failure in life.

276 posts