genome
Hob Nob Legend

Re: BFTG - Burnley

by genome » 05 Oct 2013 19:57

Jedi Master Yoda

:lol:

Alexander Litvinenko
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Winner - HNA? Music Quiz 2013. The Great Sounds of Polonium 210.

by Alexander Litvinenko » 05 Oct 2013 20:02

Claretforever The trouble you have when you have come down fm the Premier League, and we had it as well despite only one year in the 'sun', is that you think you should play like Arsenal against every side, and win comfortably as though you have a god given right. You don't, and the best sides who go on to win promotions roll their sleeves up and get stuck in. Your fans are deluded otherwise, as ours were for a year or two upon relegation. You'd have thought we'd been up there for 10 years with the way our fans carried on!

Despite what your blue and white spectacles told you, you actually played quite well today. When I say that I can't help mention that in the final third you were lacking. You had good possession in midfield where Guthrie played extremely well - I would love him in our side! but you didn't cause us enough problems in our box. What I noticed today from a Burnley fans perspective, was that we oined (pron 'oynd' - Lancashire speak for harassed) you whenever you had the ball and didn't give you more than a moment to settle. You know what I mean; when you have a cup tie against a superior opposition fm the league above you don't give them a moments rest. That's what we did today until the final 15 minutes when we looked knackered.

Overall I think we deserved the win today based upon our endeavour and our chances, but most of our fans agreed in the pub that it was a good scalp. You have a very good side, one you should be proud of, and you will definitely be up in the mix towards the end of the season. You have too many good players not to be.

Overall it was a very good game to watch, and well worth the entrance fee.

A very good post that everyone on here should read.

But most won't and even those who do will disregard it if it doesn't support their own preconceptions.

PremAddict
Hob Nob Regular

by PremAddict » 05 Oct 2013 20:10

Claretforever The trouble you have when you have come down fm the Premier League, and we had it as well despite only one year in the 'sun', is that you think you should play like Arsenal against every side, and win comfortably as though you have a god given right. You don't, and the best sides who go on to win promotions roll their sleeves up and get stuck in. Your fans are deluded otherwise, as ours were for a year or two upon relegation. You'd have thought we'd been up there for 10 years with the way our fans carried on!

Despite what your blue and white spectacles told you, you actually played quite well today. When I say that I can't help mention that in the final third you were lacking. You had good possession in midfield where Guthrie played extremely well - I would love him in our side! but you didn't cause us enough problems in our box. What I noticed today from a Burnley fans perspective, was that we oined (pron 'oynd' - Lancashire speak for harassed) you whenever you had the ball and didn't give you more than a moment to settle. You know what I mean; when you have a cup tie against a superior opposition fm the league above you don't give them a moments rest. That's what we did today until the final 15 minutes when we looked knackered.

Overall I think we deserved the win today based upon our endeavour and our chances, but most of our fans agreed in the pub that it was a good scalp. You have a very good side, one you should be proud of, and you will definitely be up in the mix towards the end of the season. You have too many good players not to be.

Overall it was a very good game to watch, and well worth the entrance fee.

Good post CF.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 05 Oct 2013 20:14

I think he's just saying what we all know, our attack is shit.

From the reports of the game McCarthy played a blinder and kept us in it.

MR. CYNICAL

by MR. CYNICAL » 05 Oct 2013 20:40

Let's not beat about the bush, we are a poor side when it comes down to playing passing football, seems to me, when we sign 'big players' like Bridge and Drenthe, they seem to underperform for us.We are paying good wages to these players so can't really understand why they are not performing for us!

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 05 Oct 2013 20:44

MR. CYNICAL Drenthe, they seem to underperform for us.We are paying good wages to these players so can't really understand why they are not performing for us!

A bit harsh to pin blame on him for today's defeat considering he's been injured since Leeds.

International Royal

by International Royal » 05 Oct 2013 20:50

Not great today. Possession aplenty in the wrong areas and no cutting edge in midfield. Very few chances created. No lack of endeavour, just outplayed by Burnley, who who were quite impressive, especially the front 2. Actually to still be in with a shout going into the last 10 minutes was something of a positive. The game should have dead and buried to Burnley long before this. Alex M kept us in the almost game single handed.

A few positives;

Obviously McCarthy - brilliant shot stopper.

Gunter - pretty athletic and half decent in the first half.

Guthrie gave everything and was up for this. Does his best work too deep.

Taylor & Obita - pitch time and could be very good players.

Baird - tidy, but again deep.

Pog - good spirit, gave it 100%. Had the best chances.

Everyone gave it there all.

Negatives;

No creative spark. Very few goal attempts.

HRK - not at the races.

Centerbacks stretched all over the place which led to mistakes. Morro left to do too much distribution, not his game.

Not enough width.

All in all didn't deserve anything today, but could have snatched an unlikely point.

Cripple Creek
Hob Nob Regular

by Cripple Creek » 05 Oct 2013 20:51

Great post from Claretforever and almost reassuring. Although I have to say I never for a moment had an expectation that a year in the Prem meant we would be much higher quality than others in this division. On the contrary last season in the Prem was so bad it actually watered down my expectations. In fact position-wise we are doing rather better than I expected. It was good to see such praise for Guthrie - he is now such a crucial part of this team.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 05 Oct 2013 20:52

Thanks CF.

A bit of level headedness. Yes we have a good side and it's good to know we played ok.

Pog got a goal and it was always going to be tough against the league leaders away.

2-1 isn't a tragedy.

For the first time I'll use the dreaded cliche "we move on".

MR. CYNICAL

by MR. CYNICAL » 05 Oct 2013 20:56

Don't think it's harsh on Drenthe, what has he done since he arrived?
Seems a luxury player to me.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 05 Oct 2013 20:58

MR. CYNICAL Don't think it's harsh on Drenthe, what has he done since he arrived?
Seems a luxury player to me.

But what has it got to do with today?

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 05 Oct 2013 20:59

Good post CF

Very Bob Lord's Sausagesque :wink:

MR. CYNICAL

by MR. CYNICAL » 05 Oct 2013 21:04

Saying that Drenthe is luxury player and would probably not made a difference today.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 05 Oct 2013 21:17

:|

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 05 Oct 2013 21:20

I think it is obvious that the injuries are affecting us badly. Not just in the quality and amount of players missing but also the disruption it is causing to our lineup. We are having to make enforced changes nearly match and this is being shown with no fluidity in our play, no understanding, etc.

Luckily we have big squad and can still put out a decent line up but we aren't going to get consistent flowing attacking football going until we get a more settled lineup.

phil in cornwall

by phil in cornwall » 05 Oct 2013 21:21

Jedi Master Yoda I am a spacecruiser not. Retired earth-dweller now, am I. Built this inter net and it impresses me, you have. Interchangeable the protocols are not. Therfore here on Earth, I am. Yes, hmmm.

Maybe you haven't been given the usual F Off Newbie because you pretend to have some sort of religion?

So F Off Newbie and F Off your religion.

MR. CYNICAL

by MR. CYNICAL » 05 Oct 2013 21:27

Injuries are no excuse,all teams get them.
The fact is, we don't have good enough players to fit in to the Adkins style of play, i.e passing football.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 05 Oct 2013 21:37

Standard dreadful fare. By that I mean yet again no attacking threat of any note was evident, desperately need an attacking midfielder who can pass the ball well and make things happen.

We're obviously not helped by the total lack of depth to the squad which is needed at the moment given the unbelievable amount of injuries we're carrying.

Hopefully NA will have it all sorted out by next season which is much more likely to be the one....

Still keep on trying there's a long way to go yet, hang on in there get the final pieces in January and perhaps we'll do something in the play offs.

Royal91
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal91 » 05 Oct 2013 22:07

Didn't go today

But I've seen enough our in team to say we will get definitely get top 6.

Our team selection/formation has been so inconsistent and that's been our problem. Once we get everyone fit bar Roberts/Karacan and get a settled side we will motor along nicely.

Burnley will fade because they don't have the depth. Ings and Vokes won't keep scoring at this rate for the whole season.

QPR
Reading
Forest
Watford

for me will be 4 of the top 6!

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 05 Oct 2013 22:13

Jedi Master Yoda We did perform today not. Good team, Barnsley are. Win promotion this year, they will. Poor, bridge was. With that is adkins happy, hmm? To acquire talent for success master owner needs. The key and we lack it, creativity is. We need to penetrate in order to score goals and we, rely on set-pieces to win us promotion, cannot. Hmmmmmm.

cunt unfunny, you are.