Leon salutes Berkshire's Baltic Baresi

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Happy Xmas Gorkss fans

by floyd__streete » 30 Dec 2013 12:59

leon Yeah Gorkss really is the problem with this team.

For a team who are supposedly trying to play a passing game (LOL) then I'd suggest that building from the back with Gorkss is a real problem, yes.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 30 Dec 2013 13:08

leon
Yeah Gorkss really is the problem with this team.

The issues are:

- McCarthy's distribution needs to improve

- Bridge is injured which leaves the team completely unbalanced and weakens the midfield you speak about - when Guthrie or Williams look for support they've only got one flank which is easy for the opposition to defend. Cummings (as well as being crap defensively whether at right or left back) doesn't overlap and is, for want of a better word, stupid - he ALWAYS chooses the wrong option to pass to, is always out of position and doesn't overlap which renders the winger in front of him totally ineffective. This is why I would rather have literally ANYONE with half a brain in there instead of him, even Obita (who has been poor playing in his preferred position) or McAnuff out of position.

- Gorkss is terrible - slow and sluggish defensively, poor and slow when distributing the ball. He'll always cost us goals too which doesn't help as we've seen

- Both our best defensive-minded midfielders are injured in Karacan and Baird, which is the reason we're being totally overrun at times

All this nonsense about striker selection makes no difference if the above isn't addressed asap, which means January. You then throw in other injuries in amongst the team to other guys like Morrison, Drenthe and so on which I've not even touched on.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 30 Dec 2013 13:18

Didn't mention striker selection at all. Irrelevant.

Midfield is the issue. The manager needs to address this lack of cover with a formation change.

As for Cummings that is an issue entirely of the managers making in not having adequate cover.

Notice you haven't mentioned lack of service or creativity. Can't blame Cummings and Gorkss the defence needs options in midfield to play out to. Too static in possession and too lazy out of.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 30 Dec 2013 13:41

leon Didn't mention striker selection at all. Irrelevant.

Midfield is the issue. The manager needs to address this lack of cover with a formation change.

As for Cummings that is an issue entirely of the managers making in not having adequate cover.

Notice you haven't mentioned lack of service or creativity. Can't blame Cummings and Gorkss the defence needs options in midfield to play out to. Too static in possession and too lazy out of.

I know you didn't, but a lot of fans are banging on about Le Fondre.

Adkins blasted McDermott the other week for having 3 right backs who aren't any good - you would have thought one of them would be ok cover at left back, but they aren't. He brought in one left back in the summer and will probably bring in another - can't really blame him for that.

The lack of service and creativity is down to the lack of a left flank as I mentioned, which screws the entire balance of the team and is a reason we're so static as teams don't have to mark an overlapping left back. Also, our centre backs and keeper are too slow at moving the ball which slows us up and allows the opposition to fill holes.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 30 Dec 2013 18:18

Royalee Examples?
Leigertwood a wee while after we signed him (by your own admission)...for one.

and

You were once Stryker...right?

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 31 Dec 2013 09:16

Was skeptical when we first signed Leigwertwood although he quickly won me over in the Championship - not Premiership quality though so I wanted him dropped last year. Didn't used to be Stryker, always been Royalee for more than 10 years.

soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

by soggy biscuit » 31 Dec 2013 09:22

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 01 Jan 2014 16:51

Saw the Gorkss sending off yesterday. Trying to bring the ball over halfway, caught hopelessly in possession and brings the man down. Adkins reign in microcosm :lol:

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 01 Jan 2014 22:16

Is Gorkss the plural of Gork or Gorks?

More to the point, what is a Gork or Gorks?

My guess is it's a type of Latvian tea cup.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 01 Jan 2014 22:28

Royalee Was skeptical when we first signed Leigwertwood although he quickly won me over in the Championship - not Premiership quality though so I wanted him dropped last year. Didn't used to be Stryker, always been Royalee for more than 10 years.
Skeptical?? lol

F11ck back to QPR off you useless c11nt seems to ring a bell when we signed him.

Stryker stopped posting over 10 years ago :wink:

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 02 Jan 2014 14:28

AthleticoSpizz
Royalee Was skeptical when we first signed Leigwertwood although he quickly won me over in the Championship - not Premiership quality though so I wanted him dropped last year. Didn't used to be Stryker, always been Royalee for more than 10 years.
Skeptical?? lol

F11ck back to QPR off you useless c11nt seems to ring a bell when we signed him.

Stryker stopped posting over 10 years ago :wink:

Neither of those were me :? Unless you've quoted me referring to Gorkss in the last 12 months and not Leigertwood?

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 02 Jan 2014 20:51

Sorry Lee...I misquoted you :)

Re: The 2010/11 HNA GOOF AWARD Nominations
by Royalee » 10 Apr 2011 00:12

AthleticoSpizz wrote:
Not so Long ago it was all about Ian Harte but as Royalee once pronounced of Leigertwood...

" I hope we send him back to QPR permanently, he's utter shit."

tbf to Royalee, he retracted his biased opinion a few months later.......however

I nominate

Royalee as #1 face

Him and Long (who I also slagged off a lot at the start of the season) have been our best two players since the turn of the year, fair play to them...I guess that's why McDermott was a top scout and has done well as of late. I'm certainly not complaining - I still wish we'd play better football, but given the constraints Madejski enforces upon us, he's done a brilliant job.Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

Private messageWebsite

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 02 Jan 2014 21:09

Fair enough, although that quote's probably from 2010 and the very start of his loan spell! Also shows that I'm able to change my opinions - points out that I thought him and Long improved massively and McDermott did a good job in the short term although I had doubts about the style of football which was warranted when we went up. Gorkss has been here for more than long enough to properly suss him out, as has Cummings.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 11 Jan 2014 15:21

:wink:

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 11 Jan 2014 17:04

Royalee He's still a useless pcunt.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 11 Jan 2014 17:07

Fair play, scored the early winner and seems to have played a blinder according to the stat websites. Not the defender to have in to play short and through the team, but glad he's put last season's total shambles behind him.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 12 Jan 2014 03:55

Contender for MOTM today, but one game doesn't make a player. I hope if he plays next week he's as good as he was today, which hasn't been the case for the last 2 years unfortunately.

glass half full
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you see someone without a smile..... give him one of yours!

by glass half full » 12 Jan 2014 11:19

Ian Royal Fair play, scored the early winner and seems to have played a blinder according to the stat websites. Not the defender to have in to play short and through the team, but glad he's put last season's total shambles behind him.

Play him as a striker?

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 13 Jan 2014 18:33

glass half full
Ian Royal Fair play, scored the early winner and seems to have played a blinder according to the stat websites. Not the defender to have in to play short and through the team, but glad he's put last season's total shambles behind him.

Play him as a striker?

As obviously a joke as that is, I don't recon he'd be that bad. He's not got a bad goal-scoring record for a center back, always throws himself at a ball and seems to get away from his marker fairly easily.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 18 Jan 2014 18:46

He does it again. Another game, another goal. Defensive bravery and gr8 distribution. (for the 3rd goal - what a flick) He is TEARING up the Championship.

Is our Latvian Lionheart the complete Footballer???