John Madejski-Legend

Lacoste

John Madejski-Legend

by Lacoste » 23 Dec 2013 19:38

Think he deserves his own thread.

This guy wanted out of here by now and who would blame him, but unlike other owners, he is still knocking around not because he wants to be but because he feels he needs to be.

Most owners would have just sold out to the highest bidder to get their money back, but even in these uncertain times he's still there guaranteeing funds in the Jan transfer window. He has no reason to do this bur he clearly still wants the club to succeed and progress.

I just feel so safe with him in the boardroom! He's like an older brother that will look over you, repelling bullies and ensuring your safety.

Sir John, you are a legend, we would have been fcuked without you.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

Re: John Madejski-Legend

by SPARTA » 23 Dec 2013 19:43

Will most definitely be a sad day when he leaves the club. It wont feel the same without him.

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 23 Dec 2013 19:51

one way or another the day he leaves is not so far away, before that we need to be on a sound financial footing, a legend that should never be forgotten by future generations

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular

by SPARTA » 23 Dec 2013 19:53

windermere_royal one way or another the day he leaves is not so far away, before that we need to be on a sound financial footing, a legend that should never be forgotten by future generations

I think it takes a lot to justify a statue of any player or manager, even an owner, but SJM most definitely deserves one. Maybe STAR could do something to get fans raising money to have one made?

dizzynewheights
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Waitin at a red light, Kentucky Fried Chicken in, Low End Theory tape in, bass crazy kicking in

by dizzynewheights » 23 Dec 2013 20:55

When he does go we should maybe name a stand after him or something

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 23 Dec 2013 21:05

dizzynewheights When he does go we should maybe name a stand after him or something

is this a wind up?

Lacoste

by Lacoste » 23 Dec 2013 21:16

windermere_royal
dizzynewheights When he does go we should maybe name a stand after him or something

is this a wind up?

:lol:

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 23 Dec 2013 21:17

He may not have always made the right decisions but I genuinely believe that, whatever decisions he's made, he always had the best interests of the club at heart. A paternal figurehead.

A statue of the man would not be an inappropriate

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular

by SPARTA » 23 Dec 2013 21:20

windermere_royal

is this a wind up?

It's a great idea. Perhaps even name the stadium after him, add a few white seats with his name emblazoned on them.

howser
Hob Nob Regular

by howser » 23 Dec 2013 22:00

Simply where would we be if he hadn't come and saved us ? self admitted not a football man originally, he has been outstanding in his commitment to the club, not always popular with some of the decisions he took, I think if we had a statue of him outside the Stadium, his name plate should read "I cut the cloth accordingly". We have a great stadium, all of what we have achieved over the past 10 years or so he can take the major credit for.

Winchester Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Winchester Royal » 23 Dec 2013 22:24

howser Simply where would we be if he hadn't come and saved us ? self admitted not a football man originally, he has been outstanding in his commitment to the club, not always popular with some of the decisions he took, I think if we had a statue of him outside the Stadium, his name plate should read "I cut the cloth accordingly". We have a great stadium, all of what we have achieved over the past 10 years or so he can take the major credit for.

Knowing the club, they would rule against the statue and instead decide to put up a commemorative piece of cloth, which had been cut accordingly...

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 23 Dec 2013 22:25

From Despair To Where? He may not have always made the right decisions but I genuinely believe that, whatever decisions he's made, he always had the best interests of the club at heart. A paternal figurehead.

But an inappropriate statue would be even better!

I can just see it now, a triumphant SIr John bending Cilla over the bonnet of his Bentley - immortalised in bronze with a stern finger pointed towards a sheepish Pardew pushing a lawn mower.

RepressedRoyal

by RepressedRoyal » 23 Dec 2013 23:20

Winchester Royal
howser Simply where would we be if he hadn't come and saved us ? self admitted not a football man originally, he has been outstanding in his commitment to the club, not always popular with some of the decisions he took, I think if we had a statue of him outside the Stadium, his name plate should read "I cut the cloth accordingly". We have a great stadium, all of what we have achieved over the past 10 years or so he can take the major credit for.

Knowing the club, they would rule against the statue and instead decide to put up a commemorative piece of cloth, which had been cut accordingly...

Perfect idea, a well cut piece of cloth, encased in a cheap box, possibly from Lakeland Plastics.

Cureton's Volley
Hob Nob Regular

by Cureton's Volley » 23 Dec 2013 23:36

Avon Royal
From Despair To Where? He may not have always made the right decisions but I genuinely believe that, whatever decisions he's made, he always had the best interests of the club at heart. A paternal figurehead.

I can just see it now, a triumphant SIr John bending Cilla over the bonnet of his Bentley - immortalised in bronze with a stern finger pointed towards a sheepish Pardew pushing a lawn mower.

RepressedRoyal

by RepressedRoyal » 23 Dec 2013 23:37

This is a major love in for SJM and as with politics, history is in danger of being re-written.

It is beyond doubt that SJM has done a lot of good for Reading but it has often been for self-serving purposes; being a Chairman of a football club is great for self promotion.

There have been many public embarrassments as well, my favourite being the demand to the FA to have a minutes silence for the death of a woman (Thatcher) who was widely despised by working class football fans from Plymouth to Newcastle.

Like many on here, I really don't understand the complexities of the TSI deal, however, again, like many on here, I was highly suspicious of a group that flirted with Everton but had their advances rejected by the suspicions of Bill Kenwright and his board.

I can't help but feel that the TSI deal was naively misguided and put the club in a position where, arguably, it could get financially raped. SJM was either conned or desperate for liquid cash.

For all SJM's good work, I'm not entirely sure if the TSI farce deserves a statue or even a well cut piece of cloth.

scumbag

by scumbag » 24 Dec 2013 02:19

Cureton's Volley
Avon Royal

ALOL :lol:

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 24 Dec 2013 02:53

Sir John Madejski was at Skint Mondays in Sakura tonight. Leg-end.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 24 Dec 2013 09:29

lol

soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

by soggy biscuit » 24 Dec 2013 09:44

genuine lol

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular

by SPARTA » 24 Dec 2013 09:56

Big Foot Sir John Madejski was at Skint Mondays in Sakura tonight. Leg-end.