Boro Match Thread

403 posts
Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

Re: Boro Match Thread

by Platypuss » 29 Dec 2013 16:50

leon the majority of the Adkins fan club were tipping us for top 2 at the start of the season with exactly this squad. Now it's the squad's fault, apparently.

Bollocks.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 29 Dec 2013 16:50

ScottishRoyal
MmmMonsterMunch More in hope than anything else but I really hope the board back Adkins in Jan & allow him to build a squad that can compete for next season.

Anything can happen but surely we have no hope of play-offs with the current squad?

It makes absolute sense for them to write this season off & give him some cash to see what he can do.

The most frustrating thing for me is that we DO have a squad that is capable of play-offs and promotion this season. Other than QPR how many of the squads above us would you rather have? The problem is with the way we are playing and the form of the players, not the personnel.

Not sure I agree there. We did well with those players because they had minimal time on the ball. We were quite direct at times, and often relied on pace, fitness & good counter attacking football to get results.

Million dollar question:

Change the manager or the players? Those players cannot play a passing game. The board now need to decide do they persevere with the changes required to keep Adkins in a job, or revert back to the old ways?

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 29 Dec 2013 16:50

SHORT AND CURLY
ScottishRoyal
MmmMonsterMunch More in hope than anything else but I really hope the board back Adkins in Jan & allow him to build a squad that can compete for next season.

Anything can happen but surely we have no hope of play-offs with the current squad?

It makes absolute sense for them to write this season off & give him some cash to see what he can do.

The most frustrating thing for me is that we DO have a squad that is capable of play-offs and promotion this season. Other than QPR how many of the squads above us would you rather have? The problem is with the way we are playing and the form of the players, not the personnel.

And whose fault is that............ :roll:

They don't want to play for Adkins .. Those who still think Adkins is the future please tell me which game you enjoyed watching the most under Adkins? Time to wake up, this man did well at Southampton with the team Pards left him and now he's been found out. This is crap

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 29 Dec 2013 16:50

Lets give Taylor a run out. Try something new. Nothing to lose at this point.

AbovetheI
Hob Nob Regular

by AbovetheI » 29 Dec 2013 16:50

SHORT AND CURLY
ScottishRoyal

The stewards

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 29 Dec 2013 16:51

Oilroyal They don't want to play for Adkins

Get them out then.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 29 Dec 2013 16:51

At the risk of sounding like floyd_streete, just feeling a bit indifferent to today's result.

Not pissed off, not calling for Adkins' head, but not overly positive we will turn it all round either.

I still think we should stick with Nigel, though. Our last kneejerk decision got us nowhere and when we hired him it sounded like the board were prepared for a transitional period. Although why they would do that when Madejski made it clear than promotion is pretty important this season, I don't really know.

Ouroboros
Hob Nob Regular

by Ouroboros » 29 Dec 2013 16:51

Rofl@ Dellor's obsession with Le Fondre.

"It's going to be too late for him to change the game, isn't it?"

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 29 Dec 2013 16:52

Players
Are
Not
Trying
Sufficiently

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 29 Dec 2013 16:52

rob the royal
URZZZZZ BBC showing us as having 60% possession still

#winning

Excellent, Sadkins will be pleased with the performance then.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 29 Dec 2013 16:53

Oilroyal
They don't want to play for Adkins .. Those who still think Adkins is the future please tell me which game you enjoyed watching the most under Adkins? Time to wake up, this man did well at Southampton with the team Pards left him and now he's been found out. This is crap

THEY don't want to play for Adkins eh?

THEY being, our decent striker, our attacking midfielder, our left back, our central defender, all who exist and who just don't want to play for Adkins?

Oh hang on. They DON'T EXIST

Much like the grey matter of some of our f**king moronic total idiots of fans who think we have a perfectly healthy squad.

F**king hell.

ScottishRoyal

by ScottishRoyal » 29 Dec 2013 16:53

SHORT AND CURLY
ScottishRoyal

No need for the rolly eyes, I don't dispute that Adkins is culpable for these poor performances.

SHORT AND CURLY

by SHORT AND CURLY » 29 Dec 2013 16:54

genome At the risk of sounding like floyd_streete, just feeling a bit indifferent to today's result.

Not pissed off, not calling for Adkins' head, but not overly positive we will turn it all round either.

I still think we should stick with Nigel, though. Our last kneejerk decision got us nowhere and when we hired him it sounded like the board were prepared for a transitional period. Although why they would do that when Madejski made it clear than promotion is pretty important this season, I don't really know.

WTF does Adkins offer
We have gone backwards since he arrived.

I have seen sod all that makes me think he knows what he is doing!

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 29 Dec 2013 16:54

Idiots on Twitter want Hector in against Forest.

They don't seem to realise he's not back until after Forest.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 29 Dec 2013 16:55

Platypuss
leon the majority of the Adkins fan club were tipping us for top 2 at the start of the season with exactly this squad. Now it's the squad's fault, apparently.

Bollocks.

there was even a thread entitled something like "Are we being overconfident?" and the general consensus was "no"

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 29 Dec 2013 16:56

SHORT AND CURLY
genome At the risk of sounding like floyd_streete, just feeling a bit indifferent to today's result.

WTF does Adkins offer
We have gone backwards since he arrived.

I have seen sod all that makes me think he knows what he is doing!

Agreed. His managerial CV could just as easily read nothing and i wouldn't bat an eyelid.

The bloke just doesn't seem to have a clue.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 29 Dec 2013 16:56

We are saved, Blackman is on

howser
Hob Nob Regular

by howser » 29 Dec 2013 16:57

The poor form on the pitch gets worse as the uncertainty of what is happening with the ownership grows, for all the garbled crap that Antot and TSI came out with last January we are collapsing, the present squad of players are nowhere near good enough to play the way Adkins wants us to, but it would seem his hands our tied until the situation with with Russia's own Lord Lucan is resolved. Doesn't matter who is in charge as long as we are unable to improve the quality of this very average playing squad we are buggered.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 29 Dec 2013 16:57

Blackman on...

literally fml.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 29 Dec 2013 16:57

Oilroyal
SHORT AND CURLY
ScottishRoyal

They don't want to play for Adkins .. Those who still think Adkins is the future please tell me which game you enjoyed watching the most under Adkins? Time to wake up, this man did well at Southampton with the team Pards left him and now he's been found out. This is crap[/quote]

And your reasons why Adkins can't take any credit for the other promotions that he has achieved? :roll:

You might as well say that McDermott (and have people really forgotten how shyte the team were performing under him by the time he was sacked?!) did well with the team that Rodgers left for him.

403 posts