Boro Match Thread

403 posts
Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Boro Match Thread

by Barry the bird boggler » 29 Dec 2013 17:03

That's because he only knows one way to play and has failed to be backed by the board since he took over

MeMeMe

by MeMeMe » 29 Dec 2013 17:03

3 shots to their 17.... but still only 1 on target

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 29 Dec 2013 17:03

Ouroboros
Platypuss
leon there was even a thread entitled something like "Are we being overconfident?" and the general consensus was "no"

Link or GTFO

Pretty good reading tbf.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=119725&hilit=overconfident

Indeed. Can't see any evidence on there to support Leon's assertion though.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 29 Dec 2013 17:04

i_kingsley WHAT HAS LE FONDRE DONE TO NOT GET SUBBED ON OVER BLACKMAN ??????

13th of April 2012.

ScottishRoyal

by ScottishRoyal » 29 Dec 2013 17:04

2 world wars, 1 world cup
ScottishRoyal
MmmMonsterMunch More in hope than anything else but I really hope the board back Adkins in Jan & allow him to build a squad that can compete for next season.

Anything can happen but surely we have no hope of play-offs with the current squad?

It makes absolute sense for them to write this season off & give him some cash to see what he can do.

The most frustrating thing for me is that we DO have a squad that is capable of play-offs and promotion this season. Other than QPR how many of the squads above us would you rather have? The problem is with the way we are playing and the form of the players, not the personnel.

NOT the personnel?

When anyone with half a brain cell could see that we have been sorely missing a decent striker and attacking midfielder for over a season.. INCLUDING the club who said they'd be bringing in more players but then mysteriously didn't.

On top of that anyone can see we have NO LEFT BACK COVER

And now NO CB COVER

how on EARTH anyone in their right mind say our personnel/squad is fine?????

Well as a guy with a few brain cells i'll provide more explanation.

We have big gaps, those being a lack of CB and LB cover, and I put this wholely at Adkins door. Quite frankly we should never have found ourselves in this position. But to say we are missing an ACM or Striker is incredibly fussy - consider the level we are playing at, nobody in this league has a Gylfi in ACM and our front three are arguably (on paper) the strongest in the league. A dose of realism wouldn't go amiss to many HNAers I think. If we had every player we wanted then we would be playing at a higher standard.

The players that we do have however should be up to the job in this league but just aren't performing to the levels that they are capable of. 99% of the clubs in this league would give anything for a Guthrie, McCarthy, Drenthe, Pog, Sharp, Alfie and McCleary. And most top sides would like players like Bridge and Gunter (former team of the season), Baird... Again I agree that this is down to Adkins.

Finally the tactics and subs are at times baffling. For example, why is Alfie still not on?!

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 29 Dec 2013 17:04

I agree with some others.

Keep Adkins, nothing will be achieved by sacking him. He needs more than half a season or even one full season to do his thing.

Who else would we get as manager? It's a silly suggestion to think of sacking him anyway.

I feel pretty negative about our chances this season of promotion (obviously), but I'm willing to wait till next season after the summer break for another chance.

rob the royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rob the royal » 29 Dec 2013 17:04

RoyalBlue In which case we are merely continuing in the direction that McDermott had us heading by the time he was sacked. Talking of players looking like they didn't want to play for a manager - have people forgotten the games against our relegation rivals just before McDermott was removed?

I agree. When McDermott was sacked the team was lacking in spirit and application and I wasn't surprised to see him go (although a bit disappointed cos he's a nice bloke and I think he could have stabilised the ship this season). So yes we are continuing in that direction, and surely the whole point of bringing in a new manager and giving him the summer to bring in new players was to start moving in another direction.

Seems to me like we've changed "styles" but remained just as ineffective at applying this style as we were the last one.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 29 Dec 2013 17:05

Excellent. A defender, just what we needed 2-0 down.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 29 Dec 2013 17:05

Losing 2-0

Brings on a defender. A shite one too.

Thats it for me today. CBA with this crap.

ScottishRoyal

by ScottishRoyal » 29 Dec 2013 17:06

leon
ScottishRoyal
MmmMonsterMunch More in hope than anything else but I really hope the board back Adkins in Jan & allow him to build a squad that can compete for next season.

Anything can happen but surely we have no hope of play-offs with the current squad?

It makes absolute sense for them to write this season off & give him some cash to see what he can do.

The most frustrating thing for me is that we DO have a squad that is capable of play-offs and promotion this season. Other than QPR how many of the squads above us would you rather have? The problem is with the way we are playing and the form of the players, not the personnel.

the majority of the Adkins fan club were tipping us for top 2 at the start of the season with exactly this squad. Now it's the squad's fault, apparently.

And most people on here are also incredibly fickle. Good players don't become awful in three months.

The Real Sandhurst Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by The Real Sandhurst Royal » 29 Dec 2013 17:06

Barry the bird boggler wrote: Baird maybe available on Wednesday, been training recently apparently.

Baird won't make the slightest bit of difference to this team at this moment in time. Adkins tactics are pi** poor.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 29 Dec 2013 17:06

If everyone wanted McCleary & Gunter then why were they at a mid table champ side for years? Same with Sharp to a certain extent.

Ouroboros
Hob Nob Regular

by Ouroboros » 29 Dec 2013 17:07

Rofl@ Dellor's ironic obsession with shots on target.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 29 Dec 2013 17:08

Would actually LOL if Pearce gets a 2nd yellow in the next 10 mins.

Shambles.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 29 Dec 2013 17:08

bobby1413 I agree with some others.

Keep Adkins, nothing will be achieved by sacking him. He needs more than half a season or even one full season to do his thing.

Who else would we get as manager? It's a silly suggestion to think of sacking him anyway.

I feel pretty negative about our chances this season of promotion (obviously), but I'm willing to wait till next season after the summer break for another chance.

Exactly this.

rob the royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rob the royal » 29 Dec 2013 17:08

Ouroboros Rofl@ Dellor's ironic obsession with shots on target.

And Rofl at my obssession with winning games...

USA_Loyal_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by USA_Loyal_Royal » 29 Dec 2013 17:08

rob the royal
RoyalBlue In which case we are merely continuing in the direction that McDermott had us heading by the time he was sacked. Talking of players looking like they didn't want to play for a manager - have people forgotten the games against our relegation rivals just before McDermott was removed?

I agree. When McDermott was sacked the team was lacking in spirit and application and I wasn't surprised to see him go (although a bit disappointed cos he's a nice bloke and I think he could have stabilised the ship this season). So yes we are continuing in that direction, and surely the whole point of bringing in a new manager and giving him the summer to bring in new players was to start moving in another direction.

Seems to me like we've changed "styles" but remained just as ineffective at applying this style as we were the last one.

we are ineffective at applying this style cause we lack a proper investor. we were promised 6-8 new players and we brought in 3....im not complaining because it is comforting to be a fan of a side that is financially stable but i would for once like to see a proper investment in a transfer window and not be tossed bullshit the whole window.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 29 Dec 2013 17:09

MmmMonsterMunch
Seriously WTF? Our back 4 for the next game will be Cummings LB, Gunter CB, Pearce CB, Kelly RB. Just dreadful. No wonder that we cannot stop conceding. The CM's do not gel whatsoever. IT's a big steaming pile of sh1t & quite hard to point the finger at Adkins. Even Brian the 'messiah' would struggle to be any higher that we currently sit.

Exactly.

I've been pretty infuriated at all sorts of absolute morons on HNA in the last decade or so, mainly people who live up Madejski's rectum and now the club apologists (who have been thankfully exposed) but I have *never* come across such extreme stupidity as people suggesting we have anywhere near a good squad when we've been playing a bad rightback at left back for most of the season, a bad CB as a main CB with no cover, no decent striker and STILL no AM (and remember these were positions we WERE looking for actively).

OBVIOUSLY the squad has been lacking. To blame this purely on Adkins is quite possibly one of the stupidest things I've ever come across, at any point in my life, in any situation.

OBVIOUSLY the ownership is the problem here and was over the summer which is why we didn't invest. THat's the HUGE problem with RFC and whilst the moderately clever amongst us could see it over the summer (battling against the moronic apologists, who we exposed), now thankfully EVERYONE knows that's a big problem, yet for some reason rather than lay the blame with the ownership situation of the club we're inexplicably so mindnumbing f**king stupid that we are even considering blaming a manager who has had inappropriate backing.

Having said that Adkins could do better I think so he's not off scot free in my eyes. But the problems are much deeper.

FFS I'd best leave this discussion before I start swearing at people outright.

F**K you Anton you Russian tw*t, f**k off back to Russia, you're ruining my club.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 29 Dec 2013 17:09

bobby1413 I agree with some others.

0 progress under Adkins in 9 months. On what basis do you expect to see any improvement if given a few more months.

URZZZZZ

by URZZZZZ » 29 Dec 2013 17:09

I know 1 man who will be happy with our recent run of results.
He's short, a lil tubby and name begins with a B

403 posts