Boro Match Thread

403 posts
MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Boro Match Thread

by MmmMonsterMunch » 29 Dec 2013 17:15

SPARTA More chance of a relegation battle this season than a play-off push. Feels pretty shit to see us going backwards like this. Been a long time since things have been this bad here though tbf.

At this point I think I'd be happy with 55 points.

At least Leeds are losing otherwise it would be even more unbearable :wink:

Ouroboros
Hob Nob Regular

by Ouroboros » 29 Dec 2013 17:15

URZZZZZ
AirRaidSiren
URZZZZZ I know 1 man who will be happy with our recent run of results.
He's short, a lil tubby and name begins with a B

I disagree. I don't think he is that type of person who will be content with us doing badly.

The club sacked him with lil reason, I guarantee he has had a lil snigger to himself

Can you stop saying "lil" please?

marcusopp

by marcusopp » 29 Dec 2013 17:16

Barry the bird boggler Was that Pearce's 4th booking or his 5th...?

Adkins out, Mackay in, oh no there's no point in that is there, even if we could afford it, as we wouldn't back any manager at this level...

Good shout mate

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 29 Dec 2013 17:16

Adkins has 90 more minutes as far as I'm concerned.
If we lose against Forest then he's done as far as I'm concerned.
I think the majority of fans (regardless of what a few on HNA say) feel the same way.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 29 Dec 2013 17:17

URZZZZZ
AirRaidSiren

I disagree. I don't think he is that type of person who will be content with us doing badly.

The club sacked him with lil reason, I guarantee he has had a lil snigger to himself

So those dreadful performances, valuable points gift-wrapped to our relegation rivals and the table itself were all figments of my imagination?

Agree though, he isn't the type to take satisfaction from what is happening now. I suspect that, having had to put up with god knows how many disappointing transfer windows under Madejski and Hammond, he will be feeling a lot of sympathy towards Adkins.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 29 Dec 2013 17:17

Another point though - these players are paid professionals with a decent amount of experience & many of them are internationals.

Regardless of your thoughts on the management, their performances are completely oxf*rd unacceptable. They should have enough about them to not capitulate like this.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 29 Dec 2013 17:17

leon http://hobnob.royals.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=119725

the thread was in response to everyone's views on our upcoming season.

Indeed. And I can't see anything on there to back up what you claimed.

AirRaidSiren
Hob Nob Regular

by AirRaidSiren » 29 Dec 2013 17:17

URZZZZZ
AirRaidSiren

He may have a little snigger to himself with regards to the missing Anton, but not the current manager, who he had a good relationship with him last time in the Championship, and he certainly wouldn't be having a snigger at the players he coached, who are currently doing not so great.

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

by Big Ern » 29 Dec 2013 17:18

Another crap result but still a long way to go and still think we will get into the playoffs.

People suggesting the manager should be sacked are just morons. With the current ownership situation, nobody in their right mind would take over, and even once these situations are resolved Adkins needs to be backed in the transfer market to at least give him a chance.

The Real Sandhurst Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by The Real Sandhurst Royal » 29 Dec 2013 17:18

SPARTA wrote: More chance of a relegation battle this season than a play-off push. Feels pretty shit to see us going backwards like this. Been a long time since things have been this bad here though tbf.

Very worrying indeed as there is always one team that slides down the league.... this season it looks to be Readings turn!!
Last edited by The Real Sandhurst Royal on 29 Dec 2013 17:19, edited 1 time in total.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 29 Dec 2013 17:18

P!ssed Off Adkins has 90 more minutes as far as I'm concerned.
I think the majority of fans (regardless of what a few on HNA say) feel the same way.

:lol:

Some fans had the same lack of patience with Pardew (PANTS)
Some fans had the same lack of patience under Coppell (3 x 3-0)

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 29 Dec 2013 17:19

Platypuss
leon http://hobnob.royals.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=119725

the thread was in response to everyone's views on our upcoming season.

Indeed. And I can't see anything on there to back up what you claimed.

Why was there even a thread then? Because everyone was being overly pessimistic?

facaldaqui
Hob Nob Regular

by facaldaqui » 29 Dec 2013 17:21

Setting aside the bigger picture (investment, Anton, etc.), Adkins cannot be exempted of blame here. First of all, he has stated that he believes he has enough cover at left back and centre back, so the lack of like-for-like back up is his responsibility. Secondly, he should provide effective tactics, substitutions, and man management.

Nor can he be excused on the grounds that these players cannot apply his style of play, because the first requirement is the basics of football: tackling, passing, centering, making chances. When a team fails at those, the manager has to take much of the blame.
Last edited by facaldaqui on 29 Dec 2013 17:23, edited 2 times in total.

AirRaidSiren
Hob Nob Regular

by AirRaidSiren » 29 Dec 2013 17:22

P!ssed Off Adkins has 90 more minutes as far as I'm concerned.

I just don't get this attitude(not you directly, but the fans you are talking about), I will say this again and again until I'm blue in the face. Leicester City under Pearson. His first season was a season where he changed this to do things his way, it's taken him nearly TWO seasons to get the blend right, and they are reaping the benefits. Were Leicester fans on his back before January of his first season? No. They gave him the time he needed.
Last edited by AirRaidSiren on 29 Dec 2013 17:22, edited 1 time in total.

ScottishRoyal

by ScottishRoyal » 29 Dec 2013 17:22

2 world wars, 1 world cup So you were wrong.

Good.

As we're now moving the goalposts - yes I agree Adkins could also do better.

But not in terms of bringing in players (again you don't need to be Mensa Queen to see there have been big issues with funding at the club, and Adkins is far from the first to suffer).

The funny thing is that I actually, to a large extent, agree with you. But you seem more concerned with picking holes in a short paragraph - I'd rather listen to this terrible game than write up War And Peace.

The club is in a bad place and though the performances can largely be placed at Adkins door I'm loathed to scapegoat him. Uncertainties around ownership and future funding only make this shocking situation worse.

Royal Rebel

by Royal Rebel » 29 Dec 2013 17:23

Woeful......

howser
Hob Nob Regular

by howser » 29 Dec 2013 17:23

If the ridiculous did happen and they hooked Adkins after the next defeat on Wednesday, who would the "sack him" brigade like to take over ? to vent their "oh Brian we love you, he's not like you" anger on

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 29 Dec 2013 17:23

McCarthy, Gunter, Cummings, Gorkss, Pearce; Williams, Guthrie, McAnuff (c), McCleary, Sharp, Pogrebnyak.
Subs: Federici, Kelly, Akpan, J Taylor, Robson-Kanu, Blackman, Le Fondre

Are some people really saying this squad isn't good enough to do better than lose 3-0 against Middlesbrough!!
oxf*rd off...

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 29 Dec 2013 17:24

10 points off automatic promotion, 1 point off the playoffs. Christ it ain't that bad. There's a lot of footy to play. Let's see what the next transfer window brings before we hit the panic button.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 29 Dec 2013 17:24

facaldaqui Setting aside the bigger picture (investment, Anton, etc.), Adkins cannot be exempted of blame here. First of all, he has stated that he believes he has enough cover at left back and centre back, so the lack of like-for-like back up is his responsibility. Secondly, he should provide effect tactics, substitutions, and man management.

Nor can he be excused on the grounds that these players cannot apply his style of play, because the first requirement is the basics of football: tackling, passing, centering, making chances. When a team fails at those, the manager has to take much of the blame.

I agree to a point but those players cannot pass the fcuking ball properly or keep hold of it.

403 posts