Boro Match Thread

403 posts
bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Boro Match Thread

by bcubed » 29 Dec 2013 18:11

Royal Rother Is this The Ashes thread?

Had a similar thought
If you are a cricket loving Reading fan it's a pretty miserable time right now :(

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 29 Dec 2013 18:14

AirRaidSiren
Hob Nob Regular

by AirRaidSiren » 29 Dec 2013 18:15

Terminal Boardom So, sack Adkins and what then? Just over 2 days until the transfer window opens which gives any new manager very little time to assess the squad before the January fun begins. Great thinking by many on here.

+1

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 29 Dec 2013 18:17

Adkins interview was pretty honest there. Dellor actually asked some good questions.

rob the royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rob the royal » 29 Dec 2013 18:20

MmmMonsterMunch Adkins interview was pretty honest there. Dellor actually asked some good questions.

As much as I'm disappointed with the way things are going and his recent interviews, his stock has just risen after that one in my view.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 29 Dec 2013 18:21

MmmMonsterMunch Adkins interview was pretty honest there. Dellor actually asked some good questions.

First interview I've heard off Adkins and not shouted out "Bollocks!"

"Downward Spiral" was his key term today. Too bloody right NIge...

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 29 Dec 2013 18:21

Listening to the Dellor/NA interview and there's nothing new, the Reading way speak of buying time with talk of January and making changes and getting players in who can play his way. However, first time I've heard NA say "we're not doing it". I hate to say Nigel but we haven't been doing it all season! But as The manager says "all being well we have an opportunity to do something about it come January. ... "Why can't they enjoy playing football" good question Nigel maybe something You should sit yourself down and ask the question of yourself, if only to stay in the game.

Cureton's Volley
Hob Nob Regular

by Cureton's Volley » 29 Dec 2013 18:22

muddyfeet I can't really think of a game I've really enjoyed yet this season

I haven't enjoyed even one football match, but have appreciated some great days out for their finer points... Yeovil springs to mind. Some cracking booze ups in London, Brighton, and Brum up in the New Year :P

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 29 Dec 2013 18:23

Woodcote Royal
MmmMonsterMunch
So, how much did we pay for, Doyle, Kitson, Little, Long and Ingimarsson............................more nonsense from the same keyboard :|

Oh do shut up. They were top quality players regardless of what they cost. We don't have that strength or depth any more however you try to twist what I'm saying.

I'm not twisting anything you say, just responding to the relentless garbage you post :|

All these players cost us nothing or next to nothing, as did Shorey and Gylfi, and were sold collectively for tens of millions. All of Pardew, Coppell and McDermott built sides on a shoestring that were good enough to get to the top flight and all them could only dream of the resources available to Adkins in this division.
Last edited by Woodcote Royal on 29 Dec 2013 18:24, edited 1 time in total.

Cureton's Volley
Hob Nob Regular

by Cureton's Volley » 29 Dec 2013 18:24

Oilroyal
facaldaqui Setting aside the bigger picture (investment, Anton, etc.), Adkins cannot be exempted of blame here. First of all, he has stated that he believes he has enough cover at left back and centre back, so the lack of like-for-like back up is his responsibility. Secondly, he should provide effect tactics, substitutions, and man management.

Nor can he be excused on the grounds that these players cannot apply his style of play, because the first requirement is the basics of football: tackling, passing, centering, making chances. When a team fails at those, the manager has to take much of the blame.

Seems odd the manager continues to insist on playing a certain style of football instead of playing to the team strength. Points are what we need not pride and post match interviews of positivity and possession stats. Keep NA but he needs to be more adaptable and play to the teams strengths

Exactly

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 29 Dec 2013 18:25

rob the royal

As much as I'm disappointed with the way things are going and his recent interviews, his stock has just risen after that one in my view.

Reading between the lines he is not that impressed with the players we have :lol:

rob the royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rob the royal » 29 Dec 2013 18:25

Oilroyal Listening to the Dellor/NA interview and there's nothing new, the Reading way speak of buying time with talk of January and making changes and getting players in who can play his way. However, first time I've heard NA say "we're not doing it". I hate to say Nigel but we haven't been doing it all season! But as The manager says "all being well we have an opportunity to do something about it come January. ... "Why can't they enjoy playing football" good question Nigel maybe something You should sit yourself down and ask the question of yourself, if only to stay in the game.

Agree, but it's better than coming out and just saying "we tried to play our game, we had decent spells of possession and it just didn't come off for us today"

I actually feel I can relate to this guy a bit after than interview. Prior to that I thought he was a total moron and that he should remind himself of this:

You may be like Jack Horner and “chisel” a plum, And think you’re a wonderful guy, But the man in the glass says you’re only a bum If you can’t look him straight in the eye.

You may fool the whole world down the pathway of years.

And get pats on the back as you pass, But your final reward will be the heartaches and tears If you’ve cheated the man in the glass.

rob the royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rob the royal » 29 Dec 2013 18:26

MmmMonsterMunch
rob the royal

Reading between the lines he is not that impressed with the players we have :lol:

To be fair, as much as I think they should be doing better I do wonder if some of them have attitude problems...

WHOOOAAH hold on I've become an apoLOLogist!!!!

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 29 Dec 2013 18:27

Woodcote Royal
Woodcote Royal
MmmMonsterMunch
So, how much did we pay for, Doyle, Kitson, Little, Long and Ingimarsson............................more nonsense from the same keyboard :|

Oh do shut up. They were top quality players regardless of what they cost. We don't have that strength or depth any more however you try to twist what I'm saying.

I'm not twisting anything you say, just responding to the relentless garbage you post :|

All these players cost us nothing or next to nothing, as did Shorey and Gylfi, and were sold collectively for tens of millions. All of Pardew, Coppell and McDermott built sides on a shoestring that were good enough to get to the top flight and all them could only dream of the resources available to Adkins in this division.

You can't always turn water into wine though. Maybe we had a very fortunate period in the club's history where most of the bargain buys / hidden gems all came good at the right time?

Oh and just for you:

:| :| :|

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

by Big Ern » 29 Dec 2013 18:30

Woodcote Royal
Woodcote Royal
MmmMonsterMunch

What resources????? 900K on Williams and the rest frees.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 29 Dec 2013 18:31

Big Ern
Woodcote Royal
Woodcote Royal Oh do shut up. They were top quality players regardless of what they cost. We don't have that strength or depth any more however you try to twist what I'm saying.

What resources????? 900K on Williams and the rest frees.

Be fair - that's almost half a Blackman.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 29 Dec 2013 18:32

MmmMonsterMunch You can't always turn water into wine though. Maybe we had a very fortunate period in the club's history where most of the bargain buys / hidden gems all came good at the right time?

Oh and just for you:

So all of Pardew, Coppell and McDermott were just luckier than Bodgekins, FFS :roll:

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 29 Dec 2013 18:33

Platypuss
Be fair - that's almost half a Blackman.

:lol: :lol:

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

by Big Ern » 29 Dec 2013 18:35

Woodcote Royal
So all of Pardew, Coppell and McDermott were just luckier than Bodgekins, FFS :roll:

They all had rather longer than 7-8 months to do it though.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 29 Dec 2013 18:37

Woodcote Royal
MmmMonsterMunch You can't always turn water into wine though. Maybe we had a very fortunate period in the club's history where most of the bargain buys / hidden gems all came good at the right time?

Oh and just for you:

I actually can't be arsed to respond to your aggro posts any more. Forget the man in charge - I am talking about the crop of players that Coppell, Rodgers & McDermott had. They are better than what we have now.

LOL @ Rodgers being lucky - he had us in 23rd when he got sacked & had far better players available to him than Adkins does currently.

403 posts